View Poll Results: Are your images now showing pixelated?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 30.77%
  • No

81 69.23%
    I doubt that the pictures would look like this when loaded onto my computer, but every since .323 pictures have been displaying terribly on my phone. Im gonna go ahead and make a poll about this just to see how many people are noticing that pictures that were once on your device that showed clear, are now showing pixelated.

They better fix this quick if this turns out to be ssomething widespread.
    10-26-09 12:15 AM
    Like been said it has to be so that you can load the pics faster. Once you zoom in they look just fine.
    10-26-09 12:16 AM
    I haven't noticed... dont look through my pics much
    10-26-09 12:16 AM
    Like been said it has to be so that you can load the pics faster. Once you zoom in they look just fine.
    I tried that and you are correct! But that is the cheap way out. You shouldnt have to zoom in to see your picture in nice quality.
    10-26-09 12:19 AM
    it doesnt really bother me because the actual picture is just fine.
    10-26-09 12:24 AM
    The thumbs are so small anyway, I didn't even notice.
    10-26-09 12:34 AM
    The thumbs are so small anyway, I didn't even notice.
    It remains the same when I click on thumbs too....but when you double tap to zoom in a couple times then the pixelation goes away.
    10-26-09 12:39 AM
    I tried that and you are correct! But that is the cheap way out. You shouldnt have to zoom in to see your picture in nice quality.
    I agree with you on this. I never had issues with bringing up pics before. I don't think it took a long time to do, it was something that DIDN'T need to be broken.
    10-26-09 12:44 AM
    I would prefer the old half a second delay to bring up clean pictures than have instant pixelated ones.
    10-26-09 12:47 AM
    THEY LOOK LIKE ***!

I thought I was crazy earlier today when I was showing a picture to my wife and then after reading your thread I realize that I'm not.

This is a huge problem and has to be addressed ASAP.

Edit: In case anyone asks, I'm talking about photos taken with a Canon 40D with a Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens. So no, they shouldn't be pixelated.
    10-26-09 01:45 AM
    i dont notice anything in the pictures....yet...
    10-26-09 01:47 AM
    Yeah my icons and pics look terrible
    10-26-09 01:57 AM
    What's even more frustrating is they have now introduced color banding into my photos.

Side by side, it's even worse than I thought.

Storm Rendered Photo:

Same Photo Uploaded from my PC.
    10-26-09 02:00 AM
    Only my thumbs are pixelated, once I select the picture it looks fine, I don't get the banding either.
    It's so strange how the OS can react so differently on the same device, meaning how one Storm will exhibit a problem while another Storm doesn't.
    10-26-09 02:29 AM
    I seriously can't see any difference, but then I don't really use the Storm for viewing pics anyway. Anything I take gets transferred to the computer pretty much right away.

However, - am pizzed off that I STILL can't watch videos and use my BT headphones. Why RIM, why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 02:43 AM
    i noticed this too, it doesnt matter about the thumbs. But i noticed when i view the picture when selecting it i see pix elation ><
    10-26-09 02:44 AM
    I noticed this right after the .323 leak. All pictures stored on my media card looked pixelated until I zoomed. I took photos and they displayed fine. I then added new images and they also looked fine. Ended up removing then reloading all my pics. They are no longer pixelated at any zoom. Hope this works for everyone.
    10-26-09 04:11 AM
    I hadn't noticed this at all in .323 but I do now on official.
    10-26-09 04:41 AM
    Yeah it sucks, it's for quick viewing and swiping to the next photo. The only way RIM can make anything work fast is to make it look shiity, eg: color banding.

Also whoever voted "no" in that poll is not looking closely enough, lying, or not at .323 or higher.
    10-26-09 09:42 AM
    as long as it only effeect the thumbs that it is all good to me.
    10-26-09 09:47 AM
    It's not just the Thumbs, it's the full screen photo as well (until you zoom in at least one level).
    10-26-09 09:56 AM
    That's the problem. It doesn't only show up on the thumbs. When I click animage, I get pixelated photos (as you can see in one of my previous posts) even when they are full screen.

I noticed this right after the .323 leak. All pictures stored on my media card looked pixelated until I zoomed. I took photos and they displayed fine. I then added new images and they also looked fine. Ended up removing then reloading all my pics. They are no longer pixelated at any zoom. Hope this works for everyone.
    thanks for the tip. I'll give this a shot tonight.
    10-26-09 09:57 AM
    definitely noticeable pixelation!!! whoa i totally didnt notice that at all. i guess ill try removing all my current pix and then reloading.

lol, this is something that i probably wouldnt have noticed on my own, but now that it's been pointed out it will bother me all day until i can go home and (hopefully) fix.
    10-26-09 10:05 AM
    I notice it too....some of my pictures are like that
    10-26-09 10:08 AM
    Not sure why anyone is having issues with pictures, but pictures, video and icons on the screen are fine. Running .328, upgraded from .323 and .230 prior to that.
    10-26-09 10:12 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD