Hey guys, I upgraded my OS to .151 yesterday and today I keep getting out of memory errors with Pandora and Slacker. When I check the memory it always has plenty. Any ideas what is going on?
    07-11-09 04:35 PM
    I had that with Pandora and 151 this morning, had to do a battery pull to get Pandora to work again, and haven't had a chance to see how often it comes back. If it does my next step would be to reload Pandora and see if that helps.
    07-11-09 04:40 PM
    I reloaded Pandora and it worked for a while but eventually started doing it again. I just did a battery pull and it is working again but I don't know for how long.
    07-11-09 04:48 PM
    Got that too. Battery pull fixed it for now. But we will see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 04:48 PM
    Those apps are probably not up to snuff with this os. I would email the developers. They're usually pretty good about fixing those bugs.
    07-11-09 04:54 PM
    Same thing for me deleted both and reinstalled and battery pulls so its back to 148 for me. I use those applications too much to deal with the issues.
    07-12-09 11:58 AM
    I wiped everything and reinstalled .151 a little while ago. It's working fine right now but if it starts acting up again I'm going back to .148 as well.
    07-12-09 12:06 PM
    It did it again so I just went back to .148 for now.
    07-12-09 04:38 PM
    I've had the same problems with Slacker on .151. I'm trying a reinstall of Slacker, but I doubt that will work.
    07-12-09 05:08 PM
    For me it would work for a while but then I would start getting errors again. I also got out of memory errors with Opera mini.
    07-12-09 05:14 PM
    I had this problem once with the browser. Wiped the phone, reinstalled the OS, and I've been fine since.

07-12-09 06:46 PM
    I had the same issue. I tried battery pulls, re install the program to luck. I had to go back to 148 then reload 151 problem was solved

07-12-09 06:53 PM
    I'm trying to reload it as well so we'll see if it works.
    07-12-09 07:00 PM
    I reloaded it and so far it has been running Pandora for an hour with no errors. So far so good.
    07-12-09 07:57 PM
    it keeps coming back for me. I also had a playlist with a network stream that worked, but when I get that out of memory error and try to play that playlist, it tells me it has no valid songs in it, but it plays fine again after a reboot.

Overall, app memory seems to hold rock steady. I wonder if this OS changed what parts of memory is used for things. Around the time but before Pandora pukes, I start getting net.rim.tcp errors in the event log, "OPSx -s" and "DNSx 0" errors, then Pandora starts throwing Severe errors. I'll have to check tomorrow, I wonder if when it's in barf mode if all data apps stop working as well.
    Last edited by Snarfler; 07-12-09 at 08:37 PM.
    07-12-09 08:34 PM
    I do not know what is going on but I was having the exact same problems the past 2 days. A battery pull is a temporary fix as is a reinstall of Pandora (maybe thats because in order to reinstall a restart is required?). This is my only problem with .151 and I am glad to hear it is not just my phone. And when this happens it usually does mess up all data apps. Poynt was DOA immediately after the mem error in Pandora.
    07-12-09 09:02 PM
    Yep, it just happened again. I checked and I am getting the same in the event log. I am going back to .148 until someone figures out the problem. I really like .151 until it acts up but the problems are unacceptable to me.
    07-12-09 09:11 PM
    I'm experiencing the same thing. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I don't want to downgrade from 151. My battery life is too good!!!
    07-12-09 09:42 PM
    All you need to do is reload 151 to the phone. Some people may wipe the phone and reload it but I downgraded to 148 the programs ran fine. I then upgraded again to 151 and now they are running fine

07-12-09 09:51 PM
    Same issue here. Tried a reinstall of slacker, wipe then reinstall, dowgrade/upgrade OS and reinstall slacker. None of those things resolved the out of memory errors yet.

I know Slacker has a new version out there (2.0.12)...hopefully that gets released and fixes this issue. Fingers crossed.
    07-13-09 02:44 PM
    All you need to do is reload 151 to the phone. Some people may wipe the phone and reload it but I downgraded to 148 the programs ran fine. I then upgraded again to 151 and now they are running fine

I tried that twice Rags. .148 is working okay for me so I'll just wait until this is figured out until I upgrade again.
    07-13-09 04:32 PM
    From the RIM public bug tracker, this appears to be a known bug with .151. For those with a developer center login, check out https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/JAVAAPI-144 for more information. Basically, any app that calls Connector.open(url) will throw an out of memory error after about 85 or so calls. Comments from RIM engineers indicates that it has been fixed as of .164. So in the meantime, it's probably best to avoid using .151.

Marc
    07-16-09 11:08 AM
    i have pandora installed but dont use it. i use slacker a lot, been running it a few hours a day at a time at work and never saw a error like that yet on 151
    07-16-09 11:11 AM
    From the RIM public bug tracker, this appears to be a known bug with .151. For those with a developer center login, check out https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/JAVAAPI-144 for more information. Basically, any app that calls Connector.open(url) will throw an out of memory error after about 85 or so calls. Comments from RIM engineers indicates that it has been fixed as of .164. So in the meantime, it's probably best to avoid using .151.

Marc
    Thanks for looking in to it. I thought Pandora was the symptom, not the problem.

.151 is otherwise relatively kicka55,

Since you better understand the nature of the problem than I do, would it be avoided by exiting Pandora after a hour or so (or before 85 open(url) calls and rerunning Pandora, or is likely to be a cumulative thing, 85 since reboot no matter how many different apps or instances of apps cause the 85?
    07-16-09 11:55 AM
    scratch that , i did have problem with slacker, and i would say the only remedy is a reboot (quickpull)
    07-16-09 12:07 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD