Talked with MeterBerry Tech support this AM, here is their reply:

Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:38 AM
    To: Gene B
    Subject: Re: Technical Support - MeterBerry - The Ultimate System Information Utility

Hello,

MeterBerry's device reset feature is currently incompatible with the 5.0 OS due to an undocumented change to the OS by RIM.

We have already fixed the problem, and will be releasing the fix as part of the next MeterBerry update, which includes some more new features we're quite excited about. This update is almost ready and we plan to release it very soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but whenever a major OS revision is released, us application developers usually need to make some minor tweaks.

Thanks for your patience.

--
    Dan
    Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 07:08:03 -0500
    To: <[email protected]>
    Subject: Technical Support - MeterBerry - The Ultimate System Information Utility

Installed new VZW 5.0 and my meterberry works with the exception of the reset function. I get error code 4, when trying a manual or scheduled reset. Really need this now,especially with 5.0! Thanks
    10-27-09 08:01 AM
    Note that in addition, it appears RIM has made some changes to how OS 5.0 interacts with a BES IT policy and the Security Timer Reset permission.

Some users are reporting that after upgrading to 5.0, they are no longer able to set the Security Timer Reset permission to Allow.

Note that MeterBerry has NO CONTROL over which permissions can be set to what. This is controlled by your IT policy. I recommend talking with your BES administrator.

With that said, the current version of MeterBerry will not start if all of the permissions it requires are not set to Allow. In the next MeterBerry update mentioned in the first post, we will be changing this. We will allow MeterBerry to start even if all of the permissions it requires are not set to Allow, but functionality will of course be reduced.
    10-27-09 08:06 AM
    Thanks for sharing that information...looking forward to the update real soon.
    10-27-09 08:07 AM
    ballpark on when we will get this update? a few days? weeks? just curious as to when I can start running it again. Thanks.
    10-27-09 08:28 AM
    Thanks Giant, I'm also looking forward to your update. I REALLY miss being able to use MeterBerry! I've talked to my BES admins, but not sure if they're going to be willing to make the necessary change.

If they won't make the change to Security Timer Reset, do you know exactly what functionality will be affected?

Thanks again
    10-27-09 08:50 AM
    Excellent. One problem down, two to go.....

still love .328 though..... What the storm should have been like on release but patience was the key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 08:51 AM
    Excellent. One problem down, two to go.....

still love .328 though..... What the storm should have been like on release but patience was the key.

How true...
    10-27-09 09:13 AM
    GC will get it figured out...
    10-27-09 09:16 AM
    Great info. Can't wait for the update.
    10-27-09 09:22 AM
    Everyone who complains that their app(s) don't work with the latest OS needs to read this post, and stop crying like a little school girl who just dropped her lolly pop on a pile of sh*t!!!
    10-27-09 09:48 AM
    Note that in addition, it appears RIM has made some changes to how OS 5.0 interacts with a BES IT policy and the Security Timer Reset permission.

Some users are reporting that after upgrading to 5.0, they are no longer able to set the Security Timer Reset permission to Allow.

Note that MeterBerry has NO CONTROL over which permissions can be set to what. This is controlled by your IT policy. I recommend talking with your BES administrator.

With that said, the current version of MeterBerry will not start if all of the permissions it requires are not set to Allow. In the next MeterBerry update mentioned in the first post, we will be changing this. We will allow MeterBerry to start even if all of the permissions it requires are not set to Allow, but functionality will of course be reduced.

On the BES server under Security Policy Group > Allow Reseting of Idle Timer > change the default setting from false to true and this will let you to change the permission to allow on your BB.
    Last edited by ehall1957; 10-27-09 at 10:19 AM.
    10-27-09 10:10 AM
    Everyone who complains that their app(s) don't work with the latest OS needs to read this post, and stop crying like a little school girl who just dropped her lolly pop on a pile of sh*t!!!
    Well said.
    10-27-09 10:12 AM
    On the BES server under Security Policy Group > Allow Reseting of Idle Timer > change the default setting from false to true and this will let you to change the permission to allow on your BB.
    A lot of BES admins won't make this change though. There isn't a whole lot of documentation what this does and so they are leery about allow this. So basically BES users may be SOL. Not Meterberry's fault, just the way it is... maybe.
    10-27-09 10:23 AM
    A lot of BES admins won't make this change though. There isn't a whole lot of documentation what this does and so they are leery about allow this. So basically BES users may be SOL. Not Meterberry's fault, just the way it is... maybe.
    Ok I was a little wrong. I have found information regarding what this allows...

Basically it allows a program (TeleNav for example since that is where I found the most documentation) to stop the device from automatically locking.

Read This

I don't think I will be allowing this on our BES now that I read a little more about it. I can already see my users finding a way to manipulate this to prevent the BB from ever locking.
    10-27-09 10:39 AM
    OK I was a little wrong. I have found information regarding what this allows...

Basically it allows a program (Yelena for example since that is where I found the most documentation) to stop the device from automatically locking.

Read This

I don't think I will be allowing this on our BES now that I read a little more about it. I can already see my users finding a way to manipulate this to prevent the BB from ever locking.

I have allowed it to test it out but haven't told anyone else that the deny options is know longer grayed out. I will probably leave it set to true since all the BB users are management and have me maintain their phones anyway. Thanks for the additional info though....
    10-27-09 11:10 AM
    One other thing, i was told that the same settings work on BPS although i haven't tryed it myself.
    10-27-09 11:13 AM
    Will check it out
    10-27-09 12:24 PM
    meterberry is/was one of my favorite apps... i guess I am a bit obsessive/compulsive.

I am glad i have the changing icon and accurate reports with 5.0.328. The reboot still a no go but it sounds like we are close to a real fix (rather than a cheesy workaround.)

After getting quickpull and quicklaunch to work this is the next on my list.
    yahoo
    10-27-09 08:13 PM
    meterberry is/was one of my favorite apps... i guess I am a bit obsessive/compulsive.

I am glad i have the changing icon and accurate reports with 5.0.328. The reboot still a no go but it sounds like we are close to a real fix (rather than a cheesy workaround.)

After getting quickpull and quicklaunch to work this is the next on my list.
    yahoo
    Never had any luck with quickpull, but after I got the email from MB I stoped trying, what did you do?
    10-28-09 07:21 AM
    Oh what a relief, I thought I was the only one - quickpull doesn't reset either btw. BUT the ONLY reason I had a scheduled reset was due to a memory leak(s) SO honestly if the memory holds up to "my" standards and the phone operates to "my" standards there will be no need for a daily reboot (so far I have hovered around 24mgs), the option would be nice though.

But on the flip side I would love to see a updated version, I do love the program and look forward to something new
    10-28-09 02:03 PM
    any updates?
    11-05-09 04:17 PM
    I too would like an update. Giant Cashew, any info?
    11-06-09 12:25 PM
    I think Cashew mentioned in another forum this weekend. He had a death recently in his family or something and is dealing with that today
    11-06-09 12:31 PM
    which day?
    11-07-09 12:46 PM
    which day?
    Uhhhh� you replied 15 minutes after a post about a DEATH IN HIS FAMILY. Believe it or not, it can take more than one day to deal with something like that.

Sheesh.

11-07-09 12:56 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD