found this in another thread and it worked for me!
    Facebook missing and Java exception when upgraded from a Mac - SOLVED

1.) Backup your data.
    2.) In the Mac version of the Blackberry Desktop software, click Applications, then Check for Updates.
    3.) Click "Show other versions"
    4.) Select the option labelled "Current Version - Reload" then click Select
    5.) In the next screen, expand the "Reload Options" area and make sure both "Back up and restore device data" and "Back up and restore third-party applications" are unchecked
    6.) Click re-load
    7.) Restore your previous backup
    8.) Re-install third-party applications manually.

This solved both the java error messages and fixed my missing Facebook application. Hope it helps.

****i did not come up with this, its copied and pasted from BB support forums*****
    it worked for me though, face book is back for me
    10-27-09 12:07 AM
    Hey gemni73, I'm glad to hear that helped. The original credit goes out to bluesky74656 over on the BlackBerry Support Community Forums. He figured it out by manipulating a set of instructions I provided for Windows. Regardless, it looks like this is indeed resolving this for most users.
    10-27-09 01:42 AM
    I'm bringing this back up to the top to help people upgrading on Macs. If you're having troubles with Facebook and BBM and/or uncaught exception errors, use the steps above to resolve the issue.
    10-27-09 02:33 PM
    I'm glad you bumped this up. I was actually trolling the Blackberry boards when BlueSky posted it. I'm really looking forward to trying it when I get home on my Mac. Pretty upset I deleted all my third party apps though. Wish I would of waited.

I posted the steps in another Crackberry thread but there seems to be far to many at this point for anything to be discovered.
    10-27-09 02:52 PM
    Update: I finally found the time to try this and it worked PERFECTLY!!!

I'm currently re-downloading all my apps and everything is streamlined. Facebook icon shows, BBM icon shows, App World icon shows, etc.

Also, no more Java blah blah blah errors upon start up. Now it's time to really start enjoying the update.
    10-27-09 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD