Ever since getting these leaked OS updates, I lost my Call Log button. I want it back. I liked setting it as my left convenience button but haven't been able to the last few OS'. Its quite annoying. I know i can change it so it shows up but I like having the dial pad show up when i hit the phone button and/or send button.

i just want my damn button back
    Last edited by slickrick2369; 05-22-09 at 01:15 AM.
    02-16-09 01:18 PM
    If you find who took your button, let us know!
    02-16-09 01:22 PM
    Upgraded OS .99 to .103, hated it, so I went back to .99. When I looked around,noticed I lost my call log button I had set up on the right side button? wheredid it go, and how do I get it back?
    02-16-09 02:02 PM
    Could it be that it is just rendered "hidden"?
    When I got my Storm with .78 (vodafone for 9500) it was. I found it by chance hitting "show all" in BB menu. Try to hide an item, then choose "show all".
    Maybe it helps.
    02-16-09 02:47 PM
    Could it be that it is just rendered "hidden"?
    When I got my Storm with .78 (vodafone for 9500) it was. I found it by chance hitting "show all" in BB menu. Try to hide an item, then choose "show all".
    Maybe it helps.

I'm also on 103.
    The button is not hidden, it's gone...

Neurobit
    02-16-09 02:55 PM
    Anyone know if the call log button is back with the official .113 OS...I really want this option back as I used to have it as my left quicklaunch key...

I think it went away in OS .90 or so...
    03-24-09 01:38 AM
    Use your green send button to view call log. If you get a keypad when hitting green call button hit bb menu button, options, general options, change initial view to call log.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 01:44 AM
    If you click on the call button, then BB, then options, you can set initial view as the call log. If you want a convenience key set, you can set under BB options, screen/keyboard and choose phone for the convenience key. It should bring up the call log.
    03-24-09 01:46 AM
    Sorry just realized you like the dial pad when hitting green call button.

03-24-09 01:48 AM
    Sorry just realized you like the dial pad when hitting green call button.

lol yah....pretty much they changed the call log button and replaced it with a phone button...stupid stupid stupid since you could always use the green button to pull up the dial pad...
    03-24-09 01:57 AM
    lol yah....pretty much they changed the call log button and replaced it with a phone button...stupid stupid stupid since you could always use the green button to pull up the dial pad...
    Do you think there may be a way to just find the .cod file for that and copy it over to whatever OS you are running?
    03-24-09 02:30 AM
    Upgraded OS .99 to .103, hated it, so I went back to .99. When I looked around,noticed I lost my call log button I had set up on the right side button? wheredid it go, and how do I get it back?

.103 has been the best IMO
    03-24-09 03:31 AM
    Ever since getting these leaked OS updates, I lost my Call Log button. I want it back. I liked setting it as my left convenience button but haven't been able to the last few OS'. Its quite annoying. I know i can change it so it shows up but I like having the dial pad show up when i hit the phone button and/or send button.

i just want my damn button back
    It's now the "Phone" icon.

~X

03-24-09 04:04 AM
    Does anyone know how to make the Call Log Button Return instead of the Phone button....possibly make a hybrid OS with it back...
    05-22-09 01:12 AM
    is it really that big of a deal to have to go to the dial pad screen and then the call log from there? It's one more step at the cost of about.5 seconds!
    05-22-09 07:34 AM
    AMEN!!! I have been b!tching about this since it went away!~ I'm glad to find some people that feel like I do...

I had it on the left corner of my home screen right above the green button and had the best of all worlds...

Green Button - Dial Pad
    Hold Green Button - Contacts
    Phone Log Icon - Phone Log

It was an amazing concept and who ever had the idea to change it to an icon that does EXACTLY what a hardware button does is a moron!!!

/rant
    05-22-09 07:40 AM
    Why is this not in Rants? Sounds more like a Rant than an OS discussion to me.

(This is all i have to contribute since the button was changed from a phone with arrows to just a phone and is still there)

05-22-09 07:44 AM
    I've been checking for it since upgrading from .75
    That's the only OS that I remember having the option.
    Every new leak that one of the first things I look for.

05-22-09 07:48 AM
    is it really that big of a deal to have to go to the dial pad screen and then the call log from there? It's one more step at the cost of about.5 seconds!
    people should be free to choose, I had mine on front screen and it was much better for me. now they have taken it out its a pain in the ****!
    05-27-09 01:30 PM
    tis was actually in the change log that i posted in the .148 findings thread...
    05-27-09 01:57 PM
    I think a bigger issue has been that while on a call you cannot pull up the call log AS EASILY AS YOU COULD ON PREVIOUS BBs. Even when it had its own icon you couldn't do it. It just took you to the phone app, which displays the current active call screen instead of your call log.

I reported this a long time ago and still hasn't been fixed. Say I'm talking to someone and I need to give them the number for someone I talked to earlier that's in my call log. I can't get to it while on the call. I either have to memorize it before the call or hang up, memorize it from the log and call the person back to give it to them. Stupid!!! I can't see how this was overlooked, but then again, I have seen some moronic things done on the Storm that don't make any logical sense at all.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 05-27-09 at 04:33 PM.
    05-27-09 04:19 PM
    I think a bigger issue has been that while on a call you cannot pull up the call log. Even when it had its own icon you couldn't do it. It just took you to the phone app, which displays the current active call screen instead of your call log.

I reported this a long time ago and still hasn't been fixed. Say I'm talking to someone and I need to give them the number for someone I talked to earlier that's in my call log. I can't get to it while on the call. I either have to memorize it before the call or hang up, memorize it from the log and call the person back to give it to them. Stupid!!! I can't see how this was overlooked, but then again, I have seen some moronic things done on the Storm that don't make any logical sense at all.
    so you can't hit the "back button" to bring you to the home screen, open messages/bb button/view folder/call logs?
    05-27-09 04:28 PM
    so you can't hit the "back button" to bring you to the home screen, open messages/bb button/view folder/call logs?
    Why is it that each time I want to put in a "certain" exception/disclaimer in a post I make, but decide not to, you show up and call me on it? I knew I should have stipulate the "you can't do it easily and efficiently". I've changed the post to make better sense now. Sure, you can do it, but I don't want to go around my you know what to get to my elbow.
    05-27-09 04:35 PM
    Why is it that each time I want to put in a "certain" exception/disclaimer in a post I make, but decide not to, you show up and call me on it? I knew I should have stipulate the "you can't do it easily and efficiently". I've changed the post to make better sense now. Sure, you can do it, but I don't want to go around my you know what to get to my elbow.
    if you decide to, be sure to pack a lunch. might be a long trip
    05-27-09 04:38 PM
    I'm bumping up all these call log threads because I think it's ridiculous that the OPTION to have a "Call Log" button was removed with the update to .148!

I used my left convenience key for Call Log (and I used my phone button to go to dial pad, for my speed dials), so now I'm a bit upset. I know, now it's just one extra click, but why remove that functionality at all?
    06-02-09 03:01 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD