He took 80 files from 5.0, 5-6 from bbrackmans's v5 and the rest from 148. Combined them together (unbelievably fast) and has made the best os, hybrid or leak, that is available. I highy recommend you try, and be sure to wipe first with JL commander and back up only your messages and contacts, then reinstall all your third party apps afterwards, along with redoing your application permisions. As has been stated ad nauseum, when doing complete restore from back up or through loader, one or more databases becomes corrupt upon reinstall, causing memory leak. If you are unclear on how to do so, please let me know and I will post step by step how to... Oh and the link for One's hybrid on Megaupload MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Make sure you guys tell him what a great job he has done so he keeps making us hybrids
    05-29-09 09:21 PM
    He took 80 files from 5.0, 5-6 from bbrackmans's v5 and the rest from 148. Combined them together (unbelievably fast) and has made the best os, hybrid or leak, that is available. I highy recommend you try, and be sure to wipe first with JL commander and back up only your messages and contacts, then reinstall all your third party apps afterwards, along with redoing your application permisions. As has been stated ad nauseum, when doing complete restore from back up or through loader, one or more databases becomes corrupt upon reinstall, causing memory leak. If you are unclear on how to do so, please let me know and I will post step by step how to... Oh and the link for One's hybrid on Megaupload MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Make sure you guys tell him what a great job he has done so he keeps making us hybrids
    I'm not trying to be mean but, you do realize this is his beta right?.. Atleast the last time i saw "test" in a file description, it meant beta.. I'm also just giving a caveat to the noobs of hybrids!
    05-29-09 11:22 PM
    I'm not trying to be mean but, you do realize this is his beta right?.. Atleast the last time i saw "test" in a file description, it meant beta.. I'm also just giving a caveat to the noobs of hybrids!
    It is a test in the sense that I may change things as I go to improve upon the speed/performance of the overall hybrid.

However, it is a stable build. There are no compatibility issues as of this point, I'm running it right now with 42 3rd party apps installed booting to 40mbs.

the memory fluctuates between 34 and 41 over the past 24 hours.
    05-29-09 11:28 PM
    I'll give it a shot.

Will report back shortly.....

Edit: You are doing a **** of a job! Thanks.
    05-29-09 11:30 PM
    I'm loading it right now... I'll report the immediate differences between the other hybrids and then i'll report tomorrow after i stress test all night

STAY TUNED!!
    05-29-09 11:38 PM
    well i have .132 rite now is this one better than what i have? Also how would I put this one on to my phone do i need to download anything else to run this?
    05-29-09 11:38 PM
    well i have .132 rite now is this one better than what i have? Also how would I put this one on to my phone do i need to download anything else to run this?
    For best results, I recommend wiping first..(but not necessary, although there may be a slight chance of memory leaks "better safe than sorry").If you aren't comfortable with this, DON'T.... if you are, refer here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/

Download from megaupload.... put it into your .148 folder "or make your own"

Take the "removed files" folder and put it into the java folder... run shrink os http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/sh...icidal-193905/and select "put it back"

Next, run shrink a os again, removing what you want. Then load your os.

EASY PEASY!!
    Last edited by Taterfry; 05-30-09 at 12:00 AM.
    05-29-09 11:45 PM
    Ok so i just downloaded the .rar

What do i do next? Little confused for i've never installed one of your Hybrids. Thanks
    05-29-09 11:47 PM
    yea i got lost to remove files and put back in?????????? so i have to download the shrink?????? this is also my 1st time to also not to be a pain i will still have all my programs and stuff rite what is the shrink doing
    05-29-09 11:51 PM
    yea i got lost to remove files and put back in?????????? so i have to download the shrink?????? this is also my 1st time to also not to be a pain i will still have all my programs and stuff rite what is the shrink doing
    for you, i wouldn't reccomend wiping.. (that will delete your files)...

Since this isn't the official and still a beta, the files are a bit out of place.

So, yes, you do need to install shrink a os.. it will get those files into the right place

(just delete your files in your 132 folder and replace them with the unzipped ones you just downloaded, then, find the folder that says "removed files" and cut and paste it into your java.. then shrink os)

shrink a os will get rid of things you dont use like "word, preloaded backrounds, etc"
    Last edited by Taterfry; 05-29-09 at 11:59 PM.
    05-29-09 11:55 PM
    ONEOFAKINDPC>>>>> help me out with the directions, your words would probably make more sense!!!!!!!!!!
    05-30-09 12:03 AM
    For best results, I recommend wiping first..(but not necessary, although there may be a slight chance of memory leaks "better safe than sorry")
    Out of curiosity what do you think is the benefit of wiping? What is DM or loader doing when they say "deleting applications"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 12:11 AM
    Out of curiosity what do you think is the benefit of wiping? What is DM or loader doing when they say "deleting applications"?

Lets say you had ooakpc's hybrid loaded.. or a different os... when you load your hybrid over it, files tend to get jumbled, doing more harm than good. such as:
    Downloaded this leak right at midnight. Did a few battery pulls as is suggested, although I didn't know three were suggested I've always done one right after the loading. Anyways I booted up at around 45 mb's. Waited an hour and checked my phone memory. I thought my phone had a stroke or something because I was already down in the low thirties. Getting to the point I did my last battery pull at five this morning. Booted at like 44. It is now 10:54 and I'm down to 19 mb
    when the app loader says "deleting applications"... it just does your applications.. not the os files(50% of the time)... then it will load the os and re-install your applications.. does that cover it?
    Last edited by Taterfry; 05-30-09 at 12:26 AM.
    05-30-09 12:15 AM
    Ok, let me help out
    1st--download 148 os and install to your computer
    2nd--download one of a kind's rar file
    3rd--go into your programs-->Common files--> RIM-->shared files---> loader files. you should see your 148 folder there. Delete its contents.
    4th--copy the address to your install folder (that you just deleted files from (should be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.148_P4.0.0.181). Extract one of akinds rar to that location.
    5th--go back to your app loader and hit loader exe
    05-30-09 12:35 AM
    Ok, let me help out
    1st--download 148 os and install to your computer
    2nd--download one of a kind's rar file
    3rd--go into your programs-->Common files--> RIM-->shared files---> loader files. you should see your 148 folder there. Delete its contents.
    4th--copy the address to your install folder (that you just deleted files from (should be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.148_P4.0.0.181). Extract one of akinds rar to that location.
    5th--go back to your app loader and hit loader exe
    ..... well, if the people want their other apps and utilities, they'll need to do the whole shrink a os thing... rrriiigghttt?
    05-30-09 12:38 AM
    if you are going to wipe first, for better install, here are your directions on how to optimize performance http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/
    if you are still confused, or do not use outlook, let me know and I will post an alternative set of directions that I actually used by have not physically typed up yet...
    05-30-09 12:40 AM
    ..... well, if the people want their other apps and utilities, they'll need to do the whole shrink a os thing... rrriiigghttt?
    No, if they do what I have suggested here, then the apps and utilities will not be erased. If you wipe first, then the best way to reinstall is manually (OTA). Actually, one has already shrunk this rar so there is no need for you to shrink it any more
    05-30-09 12:41 AM
    if you are going to wipe first, for better install, here are your directions on how to optimize performance http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/
    if you are still confused, or do not use outlook, let me know and I will post an alternative set of directions that I actually used by have not physically typed up yet...
    lets just compile everything into one.. with links
    05-30-09 12:42 AM
    No, if they do what I have suggested here, then the apps and utilities will not be erased. If you wipe first, then the best way to reinstall is manually (OTA). Actually, one has already shrunk this rar so there is no need for you to shrink it any more
    what i mean is like, wpord, notes, task list.. etc.. they need to put it back.. then shrink

Take the "removed files" folder and put it into the java folder... run shrink os Shrink-A-OS by lyricidaland select "put it back"

Next, run shrink a os again, removing what you want. Then load your os
    05-30-09 12:43 AM
    thats what i meant
    05-30-09 12:45 AM
    If it was the best out there, it would fix the issues in my bug thread sticky. Unfortunately it doesn't, so.......

05-30-09 12:48 AM
    If it was the best out there, it would fix the issues in my bug thread sticky. Unfortunately it doesn't, so.......

???????huh???
    05-30-09 12:51 AM

Not true Civic. Just because it doesnt fix all of the bugs in your sticky doesnt mean that it is not the best avail to us at the present moment. I agree that RIM needs to address your concerns, but as to what is available to us at the time ( unless you are one of the priviledged, currently running 5.0 on your storm) this IMO is the best offering. Have you tried it yet?
    05-30-09 12:57 AM
    does Vymail work with this hybrid
    05-30-09 01:02 AM
    I am a big fan of hybrids as they combine the best files from different OS's into one. I have tried this hybrid out for two days and still think that in terms of hybrids, BBcrackman's and Lyridical's are better (and in that order). That being said, all Storms are different so others may have better results than I did with this hybrid. Just my two cents.
    05-30-09 01:22 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD