Im sure a lot of other people are having this problem too. How do i get my facebook to work with the new os. I have tried to reinstall it 4 from different ways. It says it is installed but I can't find the button and when i go to make it my left key on the phone it doesn't show up on the list to do so. If I can't get this fixed then this was a pointless upgrade if everything doesnt work.
    10-26-09 05:59 AM
    Im sure a lot of other people are having this problem too. How do i get my facebook to work with the new os. I have tried to reinstall it 4 from different ways. It says it is installed but I can't find the button and when i go to make it my left key on the phone it doesn't show up on the list to do so. If I can't get this fixed then this was a pointless upgrade if everything doesnt work.
    Have you tried downloading it OTA at: Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones ?
    If not, delete the copy that is on your phone, reboot, and then direct your browser to that link and download. Should work.
    10-26-09 06:09 AM
    dude... menu->show all ...it's there but for some reason it's hidden when it installs.
    10-26-09 06:11 AM
    dude... menu->show all ...it's there but for some reason it's hidden when it installs.
    Not true dude, it is a known problem with installing the new software on a mac. I went through the exact same problem tonight. Also, when I would reboot the phone I'd get Java error messages that didn't seem to affect anything. I couldn't get Facebook to work, I tried every way possible. Finally, I just restarted my Macbook Pro in Bootcamp (Windows 7) and ran Desktop Manager, I deleted Facebook, and removed quickpull too because I read that it might be the cause of the java errors, I also removed Blackberry Messenger 5.0 because I also read on here that it may be the cause of these errors.
    Then DM informed me that the 5.0 update was available for my phone (Even though I already installed it through my Mac Desktop Manager) But I let it do its thing and Wa-laa!!!! Everything worked great. I was able to download and RUN facebook with no problems and I was able to put quickpull (one that is in beta and compatible with 5.0) back on as well as Blackberry Messenger 5.0.
    The phone seems to be working perfectly now. I have no noticeable glitches or errors and everything works for the time being.

SO BASICALLY, DON'T RUN THE UPDATE ON A MAC FOR NOW, USE A PC!
    IF YOU ALREADY RAN THE UPDATE ON YOUR MAC, RE-RUN IT ON A PC AND FIX THE MESS THE MAC DM VERSION DID. I didn't need to manually select anything other than what I mentioned above, the PC DM software did everything on its own.
    10-26-09 06:45 AM
    There are already dozens of posts reporting the same errors and worse errors with installing 5.0 with a mac.
    I just had the facebook error and those Java error messages on startup.
    Oh and important to note, the PC blackberry desktop manager took less than 30 minutes to complete everything, so it's not like you will need to sit there for hours waiting for it to correct the mess the Mac version made.
    10-26-09 06:47 AM
    my blackberry is the only reason i haven't switched my laptop to Ubuntu. i'm sorry to hear you're running a mac... my condolences.
    10-26-09 06:59 AM
    my blackberry is the only reason i haven't switched my laptop to Ubuntu. i'm sorry to hear you're running a mac... my condolences.
    Luckily I can just load Windows 7 on my Macbook pro using bootcamp and have the best of both worlds. But it's still lame that Blackberry can't design a program that actually works well with Macs and their phones.
    10-26-09 07:03 AM
    My Mac didn't load the phone the first time. Plugged it in again and it worked. I also used my mac to update my friends phone to .148 last week. Yeah... he was running .109 lol....

Anyway, it does appear that Mac users are having some issues with loading 5.0... however I am also seeing others with Windows having some pretty gnarly problems as well.
    10-26-09 07:05 AM
    Hold on, this goes against the official Macintosh party line that 'Macs are great and have no problems.'

You will all be hearing from Steve Jobs soon!

10-26-09 07:08 AM
    My main issue has been with Facebook not being able to maintain the connection...I keep geTting errors like your Facebook session has timed out....

Any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 07:11 AM
    ok after watching this board all day and seeing everyones problem. I have come to fix mine. I first installed .328 with mac dm and it lost my bbm and wouldn't allow me to have facebook it also have me java errors. I came home and tried to hook my bb to a pc dm and it found some 5.0 stuff missing. so i did a reinstall and bam. I have a perfect working phone welll as perfect as you can have with .328.

thanks guys
    10-26-09 05:00 PM
    Luckily I can just load Windows 7 on my Macbook pro using bootcamp and have the best of both worlds. But it's still lame that Blackberry can't design a program that actually works well with Macs and their phones.
    i was just about to ask if I needed to download the Windows program on my Mac. I was all excited that my BB and Mac were finally in sync with each other until the update....Can I just take it to the store and have them do the download if I can't find a PC?
    10-26-09 06:38 PM
    You can solve this problem without a PC! I think the problem occurs when trying to carry over old Facebook settings to the new OS. The solution that worked for me was to backup my data, reinstall the OS without any data or third party apps, then restore the data and manually reinstall any third party apps. Everything works great and I didn't need to find a PC. Step by step instructions:

1.) Backup your data.
    2.) In the Mac version of the Blackberry Desktop software, click Applications, then Check for Updates.
    3.) Click "Show other versions"
    4.) Select the option labelled "Current Version - Reload" then click Select
    5.) In the next screen, expand the "Reload Options" area and make sure both "Back up and restore device data" and "Back up and restore third-party applications" are unchecked
    6.) Click re-load
    7.) Restore your previous backup
    8.) Re-install third-party applications manually.
    10-26-09 07:10 PM
    You can solve this problem without a PC! I think the problem occurs when trying to carry over old Facebook settings to the new OS. The solution that worked for me was to backup my data, reinstall the OS without any data or third party apps, then restore the data and manually reinstall any third party apps. Everything works great and I didn't need to find a PC. Step by step instructions:

1.) Backup your data.
    2.) In the Mac version of the Blackberry Desktop software, click Applications, then Check for Updates.
    5.) In the next screen, expand the "Reload Options" area and make sure both "Back up and restore device data" and "Back up and restore third-party applications" are unchecked
    6.) Click re-load
    Thanks for this information! It's a little cumbersome to re-install all of the 3rd-party apps, but it got Facebook to work.
    10-26-09 08:40 PM
    Thanks. Worked great for me!
    10-26-09 09:58 PM
    Thank you bluesky!!! That fix worked perfectly.
    10-26-09 10:25 PM

1.) Backup your data.
    6.) Click re-load
    How do you re-install 3rd party apps manually?
    10-26-09 11:05 PM
    Mosipher- you can either use Desktop Manager or install them from you phone OTA.
    10-26-09 11:22 PM
    Mosipher- you can either use Desktop Manager or install them from you phone OTA.
    Does anyone here know if it's possible with the Mac DM? I've been trying but don't want to bother wasting my time anymore.
    10-26-09 11:32 PM

1.) Backup your data.
    6.) Click re-load
    Thanks for these instructions!! It took me 2 tries (I had some errors with my USB disconnecting for some reason on the 1st try) but everything worked flawlessly after the 2nd try. It's a PITA to manually install all the 3rd party apps but well worth it since I got Facebook back.
    10-27-09 04:26 AM
    Does anyone here know if it's possible with the Mac DM? I've been trying but don't want to bother wasting my time anymore.
    I did the whole process with DM on Mac, except for re-downloading my 3rd party apps. I did that through App World on my Storm.
    10-27-09 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD