If you don't mind doing a little bit of work to open up your engineering screen you can look at how much power your phone is consuming while it is running. Here is a description on how to get to your engineering screen. Once you are viewing your engineering screen go to OS engineering screen>Battery>Battery monitoring screen with the normal apps idling in the background your should be around 50-75mA at 7-11mV of voltage draw.
    Lots of information but for a non technical guy like me, I'm not sure what it all means but I did check my battery as stated above and mine at 100mA 14mV
    Last edited by pounder001; 06-12-09 at 12:09 PM.
    06-12-09 12:04 PM
    I was putting 60 seconds in the 'uptime' field. I assumed that was how long I wanted the screen to be up, and 1 day for duration. Does that sound right?
    No. You must enter uptime exactly as it appears on your help me screen for it to generate the correct password

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 01:45 PM
    Ok, I got to the battery monitoring screen and it was at 150mA Vesr: 25mV and now it is up to 175mA. According to the post with the directions on how to get to this screen, that is REALLY high. I have deleted facebook, and I believe the ONLY 3rd party app remaining is AIM which I will delete next.

update: after deleting AIM and rebooting, it is at 75mA and 11mV which I guess is better, so I suppose AIM was the culprit. Very odd since it was not actively running.

another update: just reinstalled facebook and it was up to 175mA and 18mV, just dropped to 125mA still 18mV. I am going to continue to experiment with different apps and see what effect they have.

another update: I know have absolutely zero 3rd party apps installed, rebooted, and it varies between 125-150 mA and 18-22mV. This is higher than was suggested, with zero apps installed. What am I supposed to do now?

more: let it sit for a while, and now it shows 100 mA and 14 mV... when i first turned it on it said 50mA and i missed the mV

ubertwitter jumped it up to 250 and 36! and then after sitting for a while it was all the way down to 25 and 3?! this isn't making a lot of sense
    Last edited by jep0617; 06-12-09 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typo
    06-12-09 03:14 PM
    Did you try a battery pull after removing or reinstalling apps? It also seems that apps settle in after installing. Apps may be connecting to the web, satellites, and towers for updates, messages, etc and GPS coordinates.
    06-12-09 04:03 PM
    Did you try a battery pull after removing or reinstalling apps? It also seems that apps settle in after installing. Apps may be connecting to the web, satellites, and towers for updates, messages, etc and GPS coordinates.
    Yeah, i am removing and reinstalling and seeing what changes. Most apps require a reboot when deleting, and some when installing, but I am rebooting now with just ubertwitter still installed. Will see what happens. Can anybody tell me what there battery readings are? especially interested in people's numbers who DO NOT have battery problems. Thanks.
    06-12-09 04:05 PM
    My jumped to 175 and 25 is this normal?
    06-12-09 04:42 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD