i did a search on this topic and didnt see anything relavent, im wondering if there is a fairly simply way to back up the phone without using desktop manager.
    Last edited by stryker1800; 02-08-09 at 02:40 PM.
    02-08-09 05:46 AM
    Using or not using?
    Your post is contradicting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 07:18 AM
    I am on OS .99 and I am not able to back up using the desktop manager. I have tried battery pulls and still can't back up. Half way through I get an error message. Anybody else have this?
    02-08-09 11:12 AM
    I am on OS .99 and I am not able to back up using the desktop manager. I have tried battery pulls and still can't back up. Half way through I get an error message. Anybody else have this?
    Try to clear your browser cache, that sometimes helps.
    02-08-09 11:18 AM
    There seem to be issues with DM 4.7 and leaked builds, so I'd recommend trying DM 4.6. I'm sure once the next official release is out they might turn their attention back to DM 4.7 which needs some work, but for now, 4.6 works just fine with the Storm and seems to lack some of the issues like crapping out while backing up a database.
    02-08-09 11:25 AM
    Thanks, how do I clear the browser cache?

Try to clear your browser cache, that sometimes helps.
    02-08-09 11:29 AM
    Thanks,
    How do I downgrade from 4.7 to 4.6?

There seem to be issues with DM 4.7 and leaked builds, so I'd recommend trying DM 4.6. I'm sure once the next official release is out they might turn their attention back to DM 4.7 which needs some work, but for now, 4.6 works just fine with the Storm and seems to lack some of the issues like crapping out while backing up a database.
    02-08-09 11:30 AM
    I think I figured this out. I went to blackberry.com and am downloading the 4.6 version. I'll post what results I get.
    Thanks

Thanks,
    How do I downgrade from 4.7 to 4.6?
    02-08-09 11:48 AM
    Thanks, how do I clear the browser cache?
    Open the BB Browser, press the BB Key and click Options. Now click Cache Options and just click each button to clear their respective data.

02-08-09 12:42 PM
    Thanks!
    Al

Open the BB Browser, press the BB Key and click Options. Now click Cache Options and just click each button to clear their respective data.

02-08-09 12:48 PM
    If you clear cache thru BB browser, it may not do the trick. Go to DM>back up>Advanced, then click on browser cache>clear. Then go back and back up. Worked for me.
    02-08-09 02:20 PM
    Wow!! That worked and I finally did a back up.I am now also operating om DM 4.6. I assume I should leave it at 4.6. Thanks for the help.
    Al

If you clear cache thru BB browser, it may not do the trick. Go to DM>back up>Advanced, then click on browser cache>clear. Then go back and back up. Worked for me.
    02-08-09 02:37 PM
    I had a problem with something in my messages that prevented me from backing up, not sure what it was.
    02-09-09 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD