WTF...

i just received ANOTHER f***ing vzw tones weblink

now ive got two

neone else?
    08-11-09 12:57 AM
    Nope, but I havent done a reset today or needed to resend service books. That effing sucks! So do you have to launcher icons now too?
    08-11-09 01:15 AM
    Nope, but I havent done a reset today or needed to resend service books. That effing sucks! So do you have to launcher icons now too?
    08-11-09 01:30 AM
    im gonna try deleting both service books > battery pull > and c if only one shows
    08-11-09 01:38 AM
    F#@$ THAT NOISE!!! That is ridiculous!
    08-11-09 01:40 AM
    rt @ArmaK28I think I fixed the two VZWTones icons problem. Now I only have the latest one.

(what he did was delete service books both > battery pull > only has latest one
    08-11-09 01:43 AM
    that worked, i only hv one icon now

note to all who gets it:

go to options > advanced options > service books > delete VPL VZWTones and VZWTones VPL > battery pull > u only have one icon now
    08-11-09 01:44 AM
    Thanks for the quick work!
    08-11-09 02:08 AM
    so, this is big red's way of saying "o, so you just hid our first attempt to advertise on your phone.... no problem, we'll make sure you see it at least one more time."
    08-11-09 02:11 AM
    that worked, i only hv one icon now

note to all who gets it:

go to options > advanced options > service books > delete VPL VZWTones and VZWTones VPL > battery pull > u only have one icon now
    Thanks, DriftDevil!! I got this, too, and was like...WTF?? I hid the icons, but with your solution, at least I actually got rid of one!
    08-11-09 03:16 AM
    Thanks DD. I too woke up to this this morning, and your solution fixed things.

Coincidentally, I had hidden the icon the night before, and woke up to two (one hidden and one new one showing) and wondered if that had anything to do with it (quickpull reset during the night).
    08-11-09 06:31 AM
    Thanks DD this worked for me also when I saw that I two VZW icons
    08-11-09 02:01 PM
    These service book pushed icons blow monkey scrotum....HATE THEM!
    08-11-09 02:14 PM
    Just got the damn push also..I hate that vzw does this crap!
    08-11-09 02:17 PM
    I have the same problem. I guess if it's as easy as deleting the VPL VZWTones service book then it's not that bad.
    08-11-09 02:24 PM
    Thanks DD! Saw the new one this morning.
    08-11-09 03:34 PM
    thank you DriftDevil!

problems with VVM last night and VZ tones today whats next LOL
    08-11-09 04:25 PM
    so, this is big red's way of saying "o, so you just hid our first attempt to advertise on your phone.... no problem, we'll make sure you see it at least one more time."
    Could NOT have said it better myself!!! I got this crap pushed to me yesterday evening and while it was being pushed, it caused my phone to TOTALLY freak out. I could not make calls, and it froze up. The phone (that 99% of the time works FLAWLESS) was not worth a damn thing. I was actually at a wedding and needed to get a hold of people who were standing up in it. Needless to say, I had to rely on (are you sitting down?) someone's AT&T phone which pulled through like a champ. "The Network" def took the evening off when I REALLY needed them!! I'm thankful it wasn't a time that I needed to get through to 911!!!!
    08-11-09 06:41 PM
    Well you know all those "network" guys that supposedly follow you around everywhere need a vacation sometime

I'm guessing a battery pull corrected the issue? It seems hard for me to believe a simple VPL caused the phone to nosedive unless it was already unstable for some reason. *shrug*

Could NOT have said it better myself!!! I got this crap pushed to me yesterday evening and while it was being pushed, it caused my phone to TOTALLY freak out. I could not make calls, and it froze up. The phone (that 99% of the time works FLAWLESS) was not worth a damn thing. I was actually at a wedding and needed to get a hold of people who were standing up in it. Needless to say, I had to rely on (are you sitting down?) someone's AT&T phone which pulled through like a champ. "The Network" def took the evening off when I REALLY needed them!! I'm thankful it wasn't a time that I needed to get through to 911!!!!
    08-11-09 11:39 PM
    LOL .... you make me laugh DD.
    08-11-09 11:43 PM
    Well you know all those "network" guys that supposedly follow you around everywhere need a vacation sometime

I'm guessing a battery pull corrected the issue? It seems hard for me to believe a simple VPL caused the phone to nosedive unless it was already unstable for some reason. *shrug*
    Well...who gave them permission?!?!

But all jokes aside, the phone worked FINE until it started to receive the push. That was really a clutch time I needed my phone to work, and it FAILED.
    08-11-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD