Okay so everything is going fine until now.

Issues right now:
    -AIM Locks up phone or can't connect
    -Has EDGE but is acting like edge(no data connection)
    -Can't send emails, or well, it sends but the little red clock shows up like it isn't being sent

When AIM froze my unit the first time, I did a battery pull. Didn't do anything. Then the problem turned into two, no AIM and then little edge sign. So I did another battery pull. Worked fine.
    Now, have big EDGE and went to use Blackberry browser and it is failing. stuck on requesting so it is basically timing out. Same thing with aim and my email. Everything is timing out like it isn't on or something.

Ideas? Oh, in case, my memory free is 31.8
    02-05-09 10:18 PM
    just resent service books.. was almost instantaneous.
    02-05-09 10:20 PM
    I have heard that .99 has trouble with GSM stuff. Did the service book sending fix your issues?
    02-05-09 10:23 PM
    nope. Redid the service books, nothing. I got the service books fine. But then, tried to go on to BB Browser... failed.. tried to send another email.. failed.. I actually did the .90 Radio file to the .99 update. So the radio issue should have been fixed. At least it seemed like for me all freakin day until now. Not sure what the deal is..
    02-05-09 10:27 PM
    ok, just tried to take a pic.. got an error and then my LED light stayed on.. now I got the clock... now white screen.. oh, seems to have restarted the phone.. hrmmm there is something definately wrong here..
    02-05-09 10:29 PM
    I noticed that earlier today too. I tried to take a pic and it wouldn't save. I didn't think anything of it at the time thinking I had to specify location to save since I upgraded the OS. But, apparently that was the start of these horrific problems..

Sorry, gonna keep this going kind give myself some feedback of my own findings that others may be searching for too.
    02-05-09 10:31 PM
    Wierd.. after the hard boot it did by itself.. it sent emails fine. the old ones I had tried to send before had failed. Still trying to connect to AIM.. nothing.. it's just gonna time out.. can someone send me a PIN message.. 304BA346.. just to see if I can get it.. I am available now..
    02-05-09 10:35 PM
    Ok, just tried BB Browser... worked fine.. took me to the default Yahoo Homepage. Also, Opera Mini works fine too.. can browse internet and such. Apparently BB Messenger works too.

I am scared to test the camera again. Hrmmm.. what to do, what to do.

This version isn't stable yet.. I dont' know who keeps saying it is...
    02-05-09 10:39 PM
    Wierd.. after the hard boot it did by itself.. it sent emails fine. the old ones I had tried to send before had failed. Still trying to connect to AIM.. nothing.. it's just gonna time out.. can someone send me a PIN message.. 304BA346.. just to see if I can get it.. I am available now..
    sent a bbm
    02-05-09 10:43 PM
    Well, took pictures.. and they saved.. what the heck.. Anyway, whoever sent the PIN testing as requested, thanks.. I accidentally denied it.. touchscreen is touchy for sure.. lol. so.. now why isn't aim connecting.. works fine on my desktop.. hrmmm
    02-05-09 10:44 PM
    After 5 minutes of AIM not working, it worked. Hrmm... do you think this was due to me resending the service books?

Well, either way, a couple of bat pulls and the resending of books does it. memory at 34 mb. So I guess.. for now... I am fine.. very wierd indeed.. to bad it didn't have error reporting we could send out..
    02-05-09 10:47 PM
    okay, just took a picture of my lovely cat. Sent it to my wife.. works fine.. she has it and all. Hrmm.. weird..
    02-05-09 10:55 PM
    NP on the pin message.

Admittedly, you have a special situation here. Trying to diagnose an issue with a VZ phone being forced to work on AT&T (which VZ prolly tried their best to prevent). Kinda difficult
    02-05-09 11:08 PM
    :P

I like challenges though. I had so many issues updating the bios in this damn laptop.. MuaHAhA

I just like to do things trial and error. I like the"hard way" on things you know.

Hehe, I brought the phone to a Verizon store today, said to the guy.. get rid of this dust problem this thing has.. He told me of a store by a mall here in town where the guy will take it apart and clean it for you. Gonna go check him out over the weekend. I will post my findings here, on this thread.
    02-05-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD