has there been a hybrid build yet ????.. my app memory is now at 18 wtf...???
    Yes, click the link in my sig and go to downloads. You want to download lyricidals .167/.173 hybrid(7v1). Use your .167 radio...
    09-04-09 09:35 PM
    It's been said over and over...you are running a theme. Return to the factory Default Precision Zen them and do a battery pull reset on your phone and you will be fine as long as you don't run any themes.

Themes only work on .151 if they are compatible and on 5.0.191 their are plenty that work from what I hear. Other than that you need to go to .148 or below to get rid of theme compatability issues.

Yes all the themes I have tried on my .191 have worked just perfect.
    09-04-09 09:36 PM
    I'm trying to update my OS to 4.7.0.167 and have not been successful. I downloaded and installed the OS to my PC, deleted the vendor.xml file, and used the Loader with no success What am I doing wrong?
    09-08-09 09:42 AM
    I'm trying to update my OS to 4.7.0.167 and have not been successful. I downloaded and installed the OS to my PC, deleted the vendor.xml file, and used the Loader with no success What am I doing wrong?
    You will need to be more detailed. What does it say?
    09-08-09 09:50 AM
    It says "No actions are required"
    09-08-09 10:13 AM
    It says "No actions are required"
    Uninstall any other device OS's from your computer, along with the RIM/Shared/Loader Files folder they usually leave even after being uninstalled. Try launching the loader from Shrink-A-OS, even if you don't do any tweaks. I've never had a problem that way.
    09-08-09 10:33 AM
    rfabro I followed your directions, and during the the loading process the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connectedto the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator." Current OS on phone: Lucasell 4.7.0.151 Current Blackberry Desktop Manager: v5.0
    09-08-09 10:53 AM
    Ok....glad I wasn't the only one having problems installing this. Thanks for the info.
    09-08-09 11:08 AM
    rfabro I followed your directions, and during the the loading process the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connectedto the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator." Current OS on phone: Lucasell 4.7.0.151 Current Blackberry Desktop Manager: v5.0
    Well then. Did you uninstall all the OS's(Blackberry Device Software) from your computer? You need at least one and should have only one at a time installed in "Programs" under the DM program. Uninstall all other OS's before installing a new one.

If you do have .167 installed, start with a clean slate. Go ahead and uninstall it and delete its Loader Files folder(make sure there are no others, as well), then reinstall. Make sure the RIM tools did not get installed. If so, uninstall them. Copy and paste Shrink-A-OS into the new .167 Loader Files folder(not into the CDMA or Java folders, but into the .167 folder they are in). Open S-A-OS and check the box at the top that indicates S-A-OS has been copied into the folder it is to tweak, then run the loader from it.

I've NEVER had a problem doing it that way, so if you do again, I don't know what's going on.
    Last edited by rfabro; 09-08-09 at 11:50 AM.
    09-08-09 11:41 AM
    Yes, click the link in my sig and go to downloads. You want to download lyricidals .167/.173 hybrid(7v1). Use your .167 radio...
    So I am guessing memory loss is normal in .167? Thought no one else other than me was experiencing mem leak.

Is this hybrid worth it and do I have to manually insert the radio file or did you mean this is already in the hybrid?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 12:05 PM
    This has never happened before, but after it backs up the device, it fails to install the new OS and just quits. No harm done, but no upgrade, either. Tried launching using Shrink OS, still won't work.
    09-09-09 01:37 PM
    Oh yeah, Tybo. I forgot to mention that I always do backups of phone data and 3rd party apps, then wipe with Blackbery Master Control Program before installing new OS.

Then there is no OS on phone and no way the loader can say that "No actions are required".
    09-09-09 05:33 PM
    I remember from a while back i was having that issue and i disconnected my internet while i did the os upgrade and it worked.
    09-10-09 11:50 PM
    Thank You. I was able to get it figured out using Shrink A OS
    09-11-09 08:52 AM
    Yeah, im with you Ravens-86.. I'm running a OneOfaKind .167 hybrid and i have solid EDGE. That's what i really want since i'm under T-Mobile. I might consider trying this if it's better than the one i'm running now, so let me know guys.
    10-07-09 03:01 AM
    After installing the 'No RIM Tools' version of this build, my phone asks me for a "new certificate password" every time it boots, even if I put one in the time before. Anyone else seeing this or know the fix?
    10-12-09 06:58 PM
    is this just a straight OS install, as if I was installing .151? I've tried .230, .323, and .328 and all give me the no channel error, and I'm almost in dread of going to .151 again.
    10-26-09 11:42 PM
    is this just a straight OS install, as if I was installing .151? I've tried .230, .323, and .328 and all give me the no channel error, and I'm almost in dread of going to .151 again.
    yes, this is a regular OS. Give it a shot and if it helps make sure and let the ones know that seem to be having the same issue.
    10-26-09 11:43 PM
    yes, this is a regular OS. Give it a shot and if it helps make sure and let the ones know that seem to be having the same issue.
    Installed, and so far no problems. Pandora is the only app I have thats acting up, but thats acted up with .151 as well. Think it has more to do with the phone being unlocked.
    10-27-09 07:33 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD