V3 is now official

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    ZIP

EXE installer

Both have the radio codes and the fonts in them.

To add things back into the hybrid that I removed

This is a link to the most recent removed files folder (includes the alx files as well, these are needed for apploader to read the apps that were removed)

Installation (zip version)
    Download the .132 and install it. Find the java folder... C: Program Files / Common Files / Research in Motion / Shared / Loader Files / OS .132 you downloaded

Open the installed OS folder and erase everything in there.

Unzip the downloaded OneOfaKindDPC and insert them into that folder ...

Now go back to C: Program Files / Common Files / Research in Motion / Apploader.

Scroll to the bottom and erase the Vendor file.

Now go back up and select loader ..... make sure your phone is plugged in and it should begin.

For the best results

Backup all your data before starting this upgrade (easy one)

The results are much better if you wipe your phone and then install this OS on to the phone (this is why having fresh backups help)

after you install the OS and recover your data be a few battery pulls (between 2 to 4) before you start going to town.
    For example
    Usually when I install an OS I'll do a battery pull after the OS install, a second time after restoring all my data, and a third time after setting everything up the way I want it to be.

If you need something I removed
    heres a link to a zip of everything I removed

ENJOY!

Thanks to all who helped test things for me. Thank you Jamesandyori and Sooks for their big help. Thanks to Lyricidal for teaming up to help figure out the fix for the quick launch issue and the lock issue, its always fun workin with ya. And thanks to everyone who downloaded/downloads this. Because it's for the people.
    - quick launch works
    - lock works (snooze problem with alarm from 132 is gone too)
    - improved keyboard
    - that 5.0 browser everyone loves
    You know how the rest goes
    Last edited by OneOfaKindDPC; 05-14-09 at 10:53 AM.
    04-29-09 05:18 AM
    Thank U Sir
    04-29-09 05:22 AM
    Went ahead and added the 5.0 files. Lol. Seems good so far

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 06:36 AM
    I can't believe no one else is posting in this. Just installed seems to be running nice. Much faster reboot speeds and a huge gain of memory.
    04-29-09 09:40 AM
    downloading.......

will try asap. Thanks for your work.

PS. I als wait for your 5.0 hybrid
    04-29-09 09:54 AM
    .141 sounds great, but the unlocking problem is keeping me from upgrading.

So, just so i'm clear: if you lock the phone via the lock button on the top left, it will unlock if you press any of the lower buttons (call, blackberry, back, end call)?
    04-29-09 09:59 AM
    .141 sounds great, but the unlocking problem is keeping me from upgrading.

So, just so i'm clear: if you lock the phone via the lock button on the top left, it will unlock if you press any of the lower buttons (call, blackberry, back, end call)?

confirm on lock/unlock problem
    04-29-09 10:08 AM
    confirm on lock/unlock problem
    soon as I figure out what files control the lock/unlock it will be fixed. Lyricidal is even helping try to figure this out.
    04-29-09 10:34 AM
    Version 1.5 will be out shortly. will fix the lock issue, and reduce keyboard lag
    04-29-09 12:21 PM
    Can't wait for that so that I don't have to worry about my phone unlocking on "accident"
    04-29-09 12:24 PM
    Thank you guys for all your hard work! It does not go unnoticed!
    04-29-09 12:37 PM
    ugh, i want this so bad but i think im gonna wait too for the unlock fix. i appreciate you working on this PC
    04-29-09 12:37 PM
    Thank you guys for all your hard work! It does not go unnoticed!
    +1

If that lock code could be removed that would rock! I accidentally press it when I'm in landscape most of the time so if it could be yanked and make the lock button non-functional I damn sure wouldn't mind. I use a 3rd party lock app anyway.

04-29-09 12:42 PM
    Here it is

with fonts

without fonts

links will be updated above as well

Have to go to the doctors, but afterwards I'll see what I can do about quicklaunch
    Last edited by OneOfaKindDPC; 04-29-09 at 12:48 PM.
    04-29-09 12:46 PM
    Hay One, I'm downloading 1.5 now and will install this evening. So just to be clear the keyboard lag and lock is fixed?

And if you here the snap of the glove hope and prey the doc buys ya dinner first! HA HA HA HA HA

Oh ya MR carried Boston Sucka!
    04-29-09 01:11 PM
    Hay One, I'm downloading 1.5 now and will install this evening. So just to be clear the keyboard lag and lock is fixed?

And if you here the snap of the glove hope and prey the doc buys ya dinner first! HA HA HA HA HA

Oh ya MR carried Boston Sucka!
    yes to the first part

no to the second and the third lol

I was able to actually speed up the lock process just now. will include it in v2 tonight almost as fast as 141 without the bug lol
    04-29-09 01:27 PM
    Well as usual I won't be able to do anything till my little one is down for the night so I will trash this and when you have a final can ya let me know?

Also as usual I want to reach 60 mb free space that's my goal so lets make it ultra light and thin! Oh yeah! Go Angels!
    04-29-09 01:38 PM
    Wow, OneOfAKind, I am extremely impressed, this (1.5 w/font) is by far the best OS I have used to date! I have tried just about every OS to date and mmmaannyy of the hybrids, but none come close to comparing to this!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Finally an OS that makes me feel like the Storm is officially a better a phone than the IPhone (sorry to compare, but I'm extremely impatient when it comes to computing devices and the lag on the Storm was hard to bear). Everything I do on the phone now feels near instant and very smooth, no hiccups yet. Love it.

I am currently running:

Facebook, talklock, buzzme, youtube, win7v2black (ecruz theme), google maps, google sync, lights out, memopad, pandora, quicklaunch (pppplease get this working soon :P), quickpull, appworld, BB messenger, phone, and tasks. (plus the fonts/english language pack/all other complete necessities that are standard on all builds).

All of the essentials are there and still runs perfect without any leaks so far (only a few hours of use).

Current running apps: BB Messenger, buzzme, talklock, messages, phone, and browser.

All this with 42.5mb free memory! LOOVING IT!

PS: Please try to get quicklaunch working asap if possible! I've become accustomed to using it frequently and its hard to funciton without it :P. Still works, but the flickering/lag is quite annoying... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAN!
    Last edited by n8chur; 04-29-09 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Emphasis
    04-29-09 03:05 PM
    Anyone know if UberTwitter/Weatherbug/any other weather app leak bad or cause this OS to lag? I deleted both a while back because they were both causing memory leaks, but I'd love to get them back if they perform properly on this OS.

-Thanks ahead of time
    04-29-09 03:18 PM
    Does the slimmed down version include voice activated dialing?

Thx
    04-29-09 03:30 PM
    Does the slimmed down version include voice activated dialing?

Thx
    No, he removes that I think.
    04-29-09 03:32 PM
    Hmmm, can I add the files for VAD to his hybrid?....first, I'd have to know what files...I'm getting pretty brave...may have to move out of newbie status....
    04-29-09 03:36 PM
    ok so i kno some people feel that free space mem doesn't mean much but after loading this my mem boosted up to 58.5MB!!!! usually im at 50.3 and settle down around 40 but hopefully the good results keep rolling in!
    04-29-09 03:38 PM
    When do you think you will add 5.0 files? Browser is infinstely faster with 5.0 files.

04-29-09 03:39 PM
    When do you think you will add 5.0 files? Browser is infinstely faster with 5.0 files.

I'm trying to find a fix for quicklaunch, after that I will add the 5.0 browser and test it out to see how it goes. I have a feeling the 5.0 browser will speed this up a little.

all I need is time but tonight will be the night. Once I figure out the quicklaunch problem a release will be about an hour away. I contacted CheetahAce (the person who made QL) in hopes to get the answers I need to find what files need to be changed.
    Last edited by OneOfaKindDPC; 04-29-09 at 04:01 PM.
    04-29-09 03:52 PM
293 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD