Theme name: x1-Berryweather
    Theme author: jaxjon
    Supported Device Model(s) and OS: 9530/9550 5.0 OS (requires Berryweather 2.0 for proper functioning)
    Theme Cost: FREE
    Latest Build Date: See links
    Download link(s):
    x1-Berryweather - OTA Updated 12/14/09

Both Black versions have the same name so if you have one of them you can switch to the other without losing your settings
    x1-Berryweather-Black-original - OTA Updated 12/14/09

x1-Berryweather-Black-with black menu icons - OTA Updated 12/14/09

x1-Berryweather-Droid - OTA Updated 01/05/10

Thanks to the suggestion and help of Orio, I have converted the x1 theme to be compatible with Berryweather 2.0's wallpaper mode. Integrated into the homescreen is a Berryweather button in the middle of the screen, that will allow the user to access Berryweather by clicking on the homescreen weather image.

In addition a dark background has been added to the calendar and message button's hidden today screen (only the static buttons, not from the 10 icon dock) to allow for clear viewing over the weather image.

All else is the same as the original x1 theme, so if you liked that and have Berryweather 2.0, give it a try.

Enjoy!

Last edited by jaxjon; 01-05-10 at 09:20 AM.
    12-06-09 08:48 PM
    I really love this theme other than the icons... they just dont fit with other 3rd party icons very well... any chance of diffferent icons? maybe even a default version? awesome integration with BWeather though great idea
    12-06-09 10:00 PM
    Nice work, as always!!
    12-06-09 10:13 PM
    I'm so happy with the way this turned out !!! I really like this new BerryWeather 2 version and love the wallpaper feature,... but so many themes had a weather slot that kinda got in the way of the wallpaper...so as I've always been a big fan of Jaxjon's X1 theme, I contacted him and lo and behold ....

I think he's got him a HIT here...I'm adding some extra screen shots and some walls that compliment this theme and berryweather 2

this is my current homescreen.....
    [IMG][/IMG]

...and with 10 icon bottom dock up....

[IMG][/IMG]

touch the calendar icom on top banner and this drops down...shaded nicely so berryweather wallpaper does not bleed thru...

[IMG][/IMG]

here is the app screen...

[IMG][/IMG]

This has ALWAYS been one of my favorite themes....one I most always come back to. Try this out...just click on the Moon..Sun...Cloud...or the big Snowflake which was on my screen all day Saturday ....and the berryweather app opens to utilize all the rest this great weather app has to offer.

Send Jaxjon a donation....as I know first hand he put a lot of effort into this so we can all enjoy.

Here are some walls that I like...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Enjoy this everyone !!!!
    Last edited by Orio; 12-06-09 at 11:09 PM.
    12-06-09 10:52 PM
    this looks serious .. nice job..
    12-06-09 11:35 PM
    This theme looks amazing...I do kind of agree about the icons...I think I would prefer different icons though...I would love to see a black-n-white version!
    12-07-09 12:11 AM
    beautiful theme and awesome wallpaper.. many thanks
    12-07-09 12:16 AM
    Nice work as always. I would love to see something like this with maybe like some droid icons or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 12:22 AM
    Great job! This is a really great theme for BerryWeather users.
    12-07-09 03:04 AM
    Thanks for the input everyone, but I don't think I will be making any changes to the icons on this one. I have edited the background of the today area to go down a bit further as it looked a little high in Orio's screen shot.
    12-07-09 08:30 AM
    Nice theme. The icons are good as they are. Add a Quicklaunch hotspot to the home screen (please) to make it even better. Gotta have my QL hotspot!
    12-07-09 09:09 AM
    Nice theme. The icons are good as they are. Add a Quicklaunch hotspot to the home screen (please) to make it even better. Gotta have my QL hotspot!
    Right above the plus sign when the icon are out of the way.
    12-07-09 09:31 AM
    Nice job on integrating BW2 into the theme. A couple of things I noticed.

1. When you have the 10 icons displayed, pressing "+" doesn't cause them to zoom in again. However first touch the calendar hotspot and then the "+" and the icons zoom in (even though they were already showing).
    2. When you have the 10 icons hidden, pressing "-" doesn't cause them to zoom out. However touch the calendar hotspot and then the "-" and the icons zoom out (even though they weren't showing).
    3. When you have the today shown, pressing most of the hot spots on the screen (such as Media and Profiles), but touching "clock" and "network settings" hotspots doesn't remove the today.
    4. Anyway to get it so that touching the "calendar" or "message" hot spot causes the today display/background to go away?

Nice work on the theme.....
    12-07-09 09:37 AM
    Glad you mentioned that - I thought maybe QL hot spot was taken away for the BW2 launch. I then found clicking on the left was a hot spot for the "Options", glad you included that too!
    12-07-09 09:39 AM
    This theme looks amazing...I do kind of agree about the icons...I think I would prefer different icons though...I would love to see a black-n-white version!
    I agree as well. A black and white version would be awesome. Great work though!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 09:41 AM
    Nice job on integrating BW2 into the theme. A couple of things I noticed.

1. When you have the 10 icons displayed, pressing "+" doesn't cause them to zoom in again. However first touch the calendar hotspot and then the "+" and the icons zoom in (even though they were already showing).
    2. When you have the 10 icons hidden, pressing "-" doesn't cause them to zoom out. However touch the calendar hotspot and then the "-" and the icons zoom out (even though they weren't showing).
    3. When you have the today shown, pressing most of the hot spots on the screen (such as Media and Profiles), but touching "clock" and "network settings" hotspots doesn't remove the today.
    4. Anyway to get it so that touching the "calendar" or "message" hot spot causes the today display/background to go away?

Nice work on the theme.....
    1 and 2 - This is because of the focusin code for the button. There is no way that you can tell the button to not focusin after another button has focus. It won't work that way. Since I have it set to scale and not translate, this will happen. Just don't try to maximize or minimize the dock once it is already in those positions.
    3 - clock, manage connections by default do not remove the today screen, nothing I can do with that in this theme as the top bar must be under the banner to see the clock, battery and signal, there are too many parts to the bar to make it part of the banner itself.
    4. Yes I could have the message and calendar buttons switch between themselves and say activation which does nothing. That should remove the today area. Not a bad idea.
    12-07-09 09:57 AM

Very nice. I will be checking this out for sure.

Edit: I like all the hot spots, and the transitions. I've never been a fan of the Iphone style icons but I guess I can live with it. This theme would be awesome with the standard zen icons.

Edit 2: Would it be possible to replace the calendar icon on the top with the actual calendar icon that is on the phone. Many of us use a program like SmartBCalendar that puts the actual date on the calendar icon. That would be very nice.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 12-07-09 at 07:23 PM.
    12-07-09 09:59 AM
    This is a great theme! Probably one of the best out there.

I do wish that you had incorporated a different set of icons so that the theme is more professional looking.

Is there a way to integrate the Calendar icon from StormGounds into the calendar hotspot if someone hastha app? This way the date would be current in that spot instead of it being static.

Also, when you touch one of the ten icons that come up from pressing the "+" hotspot it would be nice if the 10 icons went away from the home screen like when pressing the "-" hotspot.
    12-07-09 12:51 PM
    how do you get the weather on the homepage? mine just has a blackberry smbol.
    12-07-09 05:08 PM
    In your BerryWeather options click Homescreen wallpaper then click show current conditions as home screen wallpaper...then in the same option screen choose your background image...it would be cool of you could use the default calendar icon because mine shows the actual date. Maybe set it as the 1st icon?
    12-07-09 06:35 PM
    This is a great theme! Probably one of the best out there.

I do wish that you had incorporated a different set of icons so that the theme is more professional looking.

Is there a way to integrate the Calendar icon from StormGounds into the calendar hotspot if someone hastha app? This way the date would be current in that spot instead of it being static.

Also, when you touch one of the ten icons that come up from pressing the "+" hotspot it would be nice if the 10 icons went away from the home screen like when pressing the "-" hotspot.
    Calendar icon app is a neat idea but I really don't see the neccessity when the date is already on the screen.

The + is for maximize, the - is for minimize, they perform opposite functions.
    12-08-09 09:13 AM
    Downloaded and love it! Very well put together! good job! Quicklaunch is a must have and u did it perfectly!
    12-08-09 11:23 AM
    Love this theme! Downloading now. If it works well then a donation will be on its way. Quick question though. I would like to use the additional backgrounds as well. However, the only way I see to get them is to right click and then "save as". When I do this and then put the image on my phone it doesn't seem to be sized properly and is grainy. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
    12-08-09 11:40 AM
    Love this theme! Downloading now. If it works well then a donation will be on its way. Quick question though. I would like to use the additional backgrounds as well. However, the only way I see to get them is to right click and then "save as". When I do this and then put the image on my phone it doesn't seem to be sized properly and is grainy. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
    The images must be in 360x480 size, make sure you are downloading the real image not a thumbnail.
    12-08-09 01:42 PM
    Ok. I am really confused. I donwloaded the theme. It looks nice but it doesn't seem to match the screen shots posted. The big differences are the homescreen icons and the today calendar.

1) The home screen icons have small colored boxes around the icons. The screenshots don't have this. It is nice to have the icons without the boxes becasue they take away from the wallpaper.
    2) The calendar today info displays over top of the WeatherBerry icon. Because of this you really can't read the calendar info. In the screen shot on page one there is a black box that hides the WeatherBerry info so that you can still read the calendar info.

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to make adjustments somewhere? Maybe got the wrong download? Thanks for the help.

Edit: I see now that the black boxes for the today screen shows up if I touch the small icons embeded in the theme. They do not pop up when you tap the actual homescreen icon. That will take some getting used to.
    Last edited by nspencerks; 12-08-09 at 02:23 PM.
    12-08-09 02:01 PM
269 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD