Hi guys,
    I've seen a few requests for a theme with no icons on the home screen and very minimally invasive menu bars and such so that you can display your backgrounds or photos completely. I put together a quick version of it, but I'm open to suggestions. Also, not all of the icons are going to show up on the top bar- usually only battery and signal meters

Here are some samples of what your homescreen would look like with this theme:
    (Note, these wallpapers don't come with the theme, its just to show what your photos will look like on it, if you want them though theyre available on stormgrounds.com)

This is a FREE OTA download, but donations are always welcome :
    OTA Download- White Text
    OTA Download- Black Text

Last edited by jessikaboom; 04-17-09 at 05:28 PM.
    04-16-09 03:03 PM
    Nice idea, simple is sometimes better!
    04-16-09 03:55 PM
    Smashing, thanks
    04-16-09 04:00 PM
    This is great - I would love to have all of the bottom icons activate - clock, calendar, messages, sms, etc... And, of course a version with weatherbug in the upper right. I realize this would obviously take away from the clean look you are going for here.
    04-16-09 06:09 PM
    definitely nice...
    04-16-09 08:46 PM
    This is great - I would love to have all of the bottom icons activate - clock, calendar, messages, sms, etc... And, of course a version with weatherbug in the upper right. I realize this would obviously take away from the clean look you are going for here.
    that might defeat the whole "theme with no icons on screen" idea :}
    04-16-09 08:47 PM
    jess im likin it but what are the icons going to look like? could it be possible to make a clickable center button that will open the phone application (isnt that whats used the most?)
    04-16-09 09:32 PM
    Glad to hear you like it. It's really very simple, all of the icons are the same as the default storm theme, it's just for people that i saw were looking for something to showcase pictures or backgrounds without the icons getting in the way.

As far as adding a clickable center or some hotspots to click on for different functions, I have tried again and again to understand SVG and Composer, which you need to work with to achieve the hidden clickable buttons.. if any one could send a tutorial just to start me out or explain to me how to do it , i would be extremely grateful... just throwing it out there!
    04-16-09 10:01 PM
    ok jessika this is right up my ally. however im not gonna jump on it just yet. why? becuase like someone else suggested it would be soo sweet if all of the little things on the outskirts of the screen were clickable. the time/date could take you to the clock, the little new message area could take you to sms or messages, the area with the network and stuff could be options and the corner with the batt meter could be sound profile...

i know you said you arent sure how to do that yet but if you can figure it out hells yeah this will be my new theme.

know what else would be outstanding? is if when you bring up the rest of the apps with the BB button, it keeps the wallpaper behind them and they have transparent backs(they also glow when selected!). just like the icons in this theme by rsmiff
    Last edited by Nikolai; 04-16-09 at 10:21 PM.
    04-16-09 10:19 PM
    Wow!!! Exactly what I'm looking for!!!

Exactly! I just want my bg and nothing else. Because all these other fancy theme ALWAYS drain my memory

I would love it even more if like what people mention. Adding hidden button would be even better

Great job
    04-17-09 03:36 PM
    jessica.. lol i hope i didnt scare you off with my post. just making some suggestions to make it even better.

but i do have quick question that i imagine wouldnt be too difficult. is there any way you can make this with black text for the battery meter and date/time and stuff? i have a few backgrounds i want to use with your theme but they have white so it blends the text in..
    04-17-09 04:46 PM
    Nope definitely not scared off, just trying to figure out all of the good ideas you guys gave me lol.

I'm officially opening this up to other theme designers: if you know how to do SVG and can do buttons and stuff like people want let me know and we can put it together and i'll give you the credit in hopes that you will share the SVG files with me and explain how it works..

but i do have quick question that i imagine wouldnt be too difficult. is there any way you can make this with black text for the battery meter and date/time and stuff? i have a few backgrounds i want to use with your theme but they have white so it blends the text in..
    The first text has been updated with the option of either white or black text for the screen. Thanks for the suggestion
    Last edited by jessikaboom; 04-17-09 at 05:29 PM.
    04-17-09 04:58 PM
    why a wi-fi icon?
    04-17-09 05:57 PM
    why a wi-fi icon?
    A lot of the icons shown don't even show up unless they're in use, ex: bluetooth or roaming. Wi-fi doesn't appear on the screen unless its on, and since the Storm doesn't have the capability for wi-fi, it will never be there unless they add it - so pretty much its a useless image that Plazmic puts in their theme builder and i can't get rid of it, but it won't show up on your phone
    04-17-09 07:03 PM
    is there any way you could change the file name on one of these themes? I like it so much I want both white and black but the file names are the same and the Storm will not take both at the same time. PLEASE..lol
    04-17-09 09:42 PM
    Thanks for the black text. If you ever figure out those hidden click areas this is going to be the only theme I'll ever need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 12:57 PM
    Love it !
    I agree that all it needs is a hidden light touch spot to bring up about 15 "semi" transparent icons on top of the wallpaper and I'd never need another theme!!!

like the visible BB button on the Glass Smoke theme, but with more icons!!

Great work !!
    04-22-09 11:26 AM
    Interesting...
    04-22-09 11:27 AM
    I'm glad you guys like it, or atleast think it's "interesting" haha, I'm tight with time right now with finals at school, but I'm noting what everyone is thinking and I'll definitely dive into getting some of these things added once I have a little more free time

Thanks again guys!
    04-22-09 07:08 PM
    alright so i got plazmic and have been messing around with some stuff.. and i came up with a theme like this were the home screen is very mininmal. hopefully i can perfect it in the next few days and put it up so everyone can weigh in. it probably wont have any hidden click areas but it will have some cool customized stuff. im actually excited and proud of myself.. im such a dork
    04-24-09 12:24 AM
    Quick question. I downloaded the OTA and rebooted but I cannot find the download anywhere and nothing has changed on my front screen. Where does the download go? I have downloaded many apps, etc and can usually find them in the DL folder but cannot find this one? Any help would be great. thank you
    04-27-09 07:02 AM
    Quick question. I downloaded the OTA and rebooted but I cannot find the download anywhere and nothing has changed on my front screen. Where does the download go? I have downloaded many apps, etc and can usually find them in the DL folder but cannot find this one? Any help would be great. thank you
    Go to Options-Theme. Click the theme you want to use then battery pull once it switches.

You'll also see it at Options-Advanced Options-Applications but you can't set it as your theme from here. If you ever want to delete it, this is where you'll go.
    04-27-09 12:53 PM
    the only problem i see with these kinds of minimalistic themes is it's very wallpaper dependent. what i mean is, if your home screen uses minimal text/icons, then you are pretty much stuck with a darker backround as there is no easy way to see the light/white text that it rests against. know what i mean?
    04-27-09 02:36 PM
    EXACTLY what I was looking. definetely my favorite theme thus for!

Thanks!
    04-27-09 02:39 PM
    the only problem i see with these kinds of minimalistic themes is it's very wallpaper dependent. what i mean is, if your home screen uses minimal text/icons, then you are pretty much stuck with a darker backround as there is no easy way to see the light/white text that it rests against. know what i mean?

Yeah I know what you mean, I made the theme with two options of white text or black so maybe that would allow for more background options to be used

As a side plug, BlackBerry Storm Wallpaper | Backgrounds | Images | StormGrounds.com is full of thousands of wallpapers, I'm sure everyone will be able to find something that will work with the white/black text
    04-27-09 04:22 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD