* UPDATED March 6, 2009 with #9 *

I made this theme for my use; thought I'd share for those interested.
    Basically I needed a message-centric today screen so I can quickly view incoming email and sms messages, along with sms pages from my answering service. I used a carbon fiber background for a high contrast clean professional look, and the stock Precision Zen theme's icons/layouts. The zip file contains the .alx and .cod files for installation via DM. OTA files in subdirectory for direct download via Storm's web browser. Enjoy!

DM and OTA downloads link: Index of ./

9 Versions: differing combinations on Home screen - all versions with customizable app icons on Home screen (via beginning order of apps on Application screen)
    1- MsgCarbonFiber.zip
    2- CalendarCarbonFiber.zip
    3- MsgCalCarbonFiber.zip
    4- MsgTodayCarbonFiber.zip - 4 upcoming calender entries appear when you hover/touch (not click) on Calendar icon, otherwise it's hidden
    5- LtodayCarbonFiber.zip - yellow text appears when you hover/touch on Message, SMS and Calendar icons
    6- LtodayWhiteCarbonFiber.zip - same as 5, but with bold white text
    7- Ltoday2Leather.zip
    8- MasonicToday.zip
    9- IndustrialToday.zip

Last edited by Jubz; 03-06-09 at 01:56 PM.
    02-12-09 07:44 PM
    I want to make themes. Yet, I suck at it, so I will just enjoy everyone who does not. Nice work.
    02-12-09 07:47 PM
    very nice and simple. i'm a big texter so this will help
    02-12-09 07:51 PM
    Later i might make a viideo on how to make simple themes very easy you could actually probably look one up on youtube for the bold which is the same thing
    02-12-09 08:04 PM
    Is there a way you can do one just with a calender?
    02-12-09 08:11 PM
    Is there a way you can do one just with a calender?
    Sure, ez enough. Done!

MsgCarbonFiber.zip = graphic below
    CalendarCarbonFiber.zip = calendar replaces Messages/SMS (*update, graphic below)

Download link: Index of ./

Last edited by Jubz; 02-13-09 at 09:22 AM.
    02-12-09 08:29 PM
    any way you could set up an OTA on the calendar one?
    02-12-09 08:42 PM
    any way you could set up an OTA on the calendar one?
    Hmmm, I know I can export the theme to a .jad file for OTA, but the export also produces several .cod files which I don't know if these are needed or not.

Anyone know?
    02-12-09 08:50 PM
    i heard somewhere that you need to include the .cod files
    02-12-09 08:52 PM
    OTA now available

Let's see if this worked.
    I've now got the OTA files (.jad and .cod's) for each theme, in separate subdirectories. Go to the subdirectory and click on the .jad file.

Let me know if this works or not. Thnx!

Index of ./
    02-12-09 09:04 PM
    Great theme! Anyway that we could change the order of the buttons on the home screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 09:44 PM
    Great theme! Anyway that we could change the order of the buttons on the home screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Was thinking the same. Would it be possible to make the bottom icons customizable with just a message and calendar icon?
    02-12-09 09:50 PM
    thanks man
    02-12-09 11:09 PM
    nice i like this one a lot!!!!! thanks btw
    Last edited by latin_teacher85; 02-13-09 at 12:01 AM. Reason: forgot to add thanks!
    02-13-09 12:01 AM
    Favorite looking one so far. Is there any way to put missed calls in place of the today row.
    02-13-09 06:59 PM
    Nice work.
    02-13-09 07:00 PM
    Can click the link but just gives me a page of mixed text. I'l try the zip.

OTA now available

Let's see if this worked.
    I've now got the OTA files (.jad and .cod's) for each theme, in separate subdirectories. Go to the subdirectory and click on the .jad file.

Let me know if this works or not. Thnx!

Index of ./
    02-13-09 07:07 PM
    when i browse to your website with my storm i can't download any of the files, it just loads the code in a text format. when i try to download them on my desktop it tries to save them as a .html file when i choose save as.
    02-13-09 07:44 PM
    Favorite looking one so far. Is there any way to put missed calls in place of the today row.
    Thnx, actually, missed calls will show up in the Messages area. I had this occur to me earlier today; an unexpected plus.
    02-13-09 08:45 PM
    when i browse to your website with my storm i can't download any of the files, it just loads the code in a text format. when i try to download them on my desktop it tries to save them as a .html file when i choose save as.
    For OTA, go to the OTA subdirectory and click on the .jad file.
    For downloading into your computer and install via DM, download the .zip file which will contain the .alx and .cod files needed.

Hope this helped!
    02-13-09 08:49 PM
    when i go to the OTA directory on my phone and try to download any of the files it loads them as text.
    02-13-09 08:51 PM
    it does the same thing with the BB browser, the opera browser and even the bolt browser. and with my desktop browser it tries to DL the OTA files as html files. i can download the zip files however.
    02-13-09 08:57 PM
    Hmm, don't know what to say at this point since its working for the others.
    You only need to click on the .jad file and it should start the d/l process on your Storm, no need to download the other files in subdirectory.
    02-13-09 09:31 PM
    well i give up no matter what software i use or what method or what browser i cannot get this thing to download. when i browse to the file and click the jad file to install it it just loads a page full of text and does nothing else.
    02-14-09 08:13 AM
    here is the text it displays on my storm browser.

EDITED out the content since it's no longer needed.
    Last edited by wdfly; 02-14-09 at 01:53 PM.
    02-14-09 08:13 AM
165 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD