I just installed a theme from pinstack.com (A Touch of Blue *Today Plus*). Upon loading the theme, I got the VSOD (Verizon Screen of Death) After trying multiple battery pulls, the phone still would not come back on. To get the phone working again, I used part of CX's method for restoring apps. Taken from this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/

RESTORE PROCESS

1) Plug in device>Open Desktop Manager

2) Select Apploader>Add/Remove Applications

3) De-select the bad theme

4) Click next

5) Let the phone reboot

Note: I am no way saying that the above theme is corrupt, it just had a lock-up effect on my phone. Hope this helps if someone has the same problem.

I just want to thank CX for his informative posts on this forum. He is a life-saver at times.
    02-13-09 12:59 AM
    Hold down Menu button while phone boots to start in SafeMode, then change themes and reboot.
    02-13-09 06:00 PM
    Hold down Menu button while phone boots to start in SafeMode, then change themes and reboot.
    Very good tip. This I did not know. At what point during boot up do we need hold the menu button? The entire five or so minutes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 06:13 PM
    Thank you for this! I awoke to the VSOD and couldn't make it go away. I was panicking too much to think straight, so this really helped! lol

I just installed a theme from pinstack.com (A Touch of Blue *Today Plus*). Upon loading the theme, I got the VSOD (Verizon Screen of Death) After trying multiple battery pulls, the phone still would not come back on. To get the phone working again, I used part of CX's method for restoring apps. Taken from this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/

RESTORE PROCESS

1) Plug in device>Open Desktop Manager

2) Select Apploader>Add/Remove Applications

3) De-select the bad theme

4) Click next

5) Let the phone reboot

Note: I am no way saying that the above theme is corrupt, it just had a lock-up effect on my phone. Hope this helps if someone has the same problem.

I just want to thank CX for his informative posts on this forum. He is a life-saver at times.
    02-17-09 10:12 AM
    Thank you for this! I awoke to the VSOD and couldn't make it go away. I was panicking too much to think straight, so this really helped! lol
    Glad it helped.
    02-17-09 08:20 PM

Civic, I've tried this like 10 times and got it to work only once. Is there a trick to it, or a certain point you hold down? Thanks
    02-19-09 11:20 PM
    This should get stickied. I worry about this every time I load a new theme.

Thanks for the imput.
    02-19-09 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD