If you're looking for a theme that is different and more functional than the default zen theme, without changing things too much, then check out the themes I've made (screen shots below). There are 8 variations of the theme, each with the hidden today feature enabled. For those that don't know, the "hidden today" feature allows you to display your calendar entries and unread emails and text messages on the home screen, but only after you "highlight" the calendar/messages/sms icon.

Some of the themes have completely transparent icons and banners, some don't.

Some of the themes have icons with text underneath, some don't.

One theme is meant for WeatherBug users, with a spot for the WeatherBug icon in the top banner with the text always displayed underneath it.

The themes aren't revolutionary, but they add some functionality to the default theme without changing anything else. Check out the screen shots below! Enjoy!

Donations appreciated, but certainly not required. The more donations I receive, the more willing I'll be to make alternative versions to meet everyone's needs.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

UPDATE 8 - 3/18

I've updated all the themes using the final version of Plazmic. This should eliminate some of the issues, but others still remain. Most importantly, the final version of Plazmic eliminates the overlapping text problem that plagued a few of my themes. Other than that, I have not made any changes.

Enjoy the updated versions, and please report back with any problems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can get the updated 8 icon Default with Hidden Today No Text Flash theme OTA here. This theme is essentially the default zen theme except it has the hidden today feature enabled and the icons don't have the "boxes" or "tabs" on the homescreen.

Get the updated 8 icon Hidden Today No Text Flash WB theme OTA here. This theme is essentially the same as the 8 Icon Default with Hidden Today No Text Flash mentioned above, except that it also has an extra icon location in the banner for all you WeatherBug users out there (screen shot below). WeatherBug must be the 9th Application in your application menu for it to appear in the upper right corner.

Get the 4 icon Default with Hidden Today No Text theme OTA here. This is the default zen theme with hidden today feature and 4 home screen icons without text underneath each icon.

Get the 8 icon Default with Hidden Today No Text theme OTA here. This is the default zen theme with hidden today feature and 8 home screen icons without text underneath each icon.

Get the 8 icon Default with Hidden Today theme OTA here. This is the default zen theme with hidden today feature and 8 home screen icons.

Get the 4 icon Default with Hidden Today theme OTA here. This is the default zen theme with hidden today feature and 4 home screen icons.

Get the 8 icon Transparent Default with Hidden Today theme OTA here. This is the default zen theme with hidden today feature, 8 home screen icons, and completely transparent banners and icons.

Get the 4 icon Transparent Default with Hidden Today theme OTA here. This is the default zen theme with hidden today feature, 4 home screen icons, and completely transparent banners and icons.

As always, please let me know if you find any problems with a theme (other than the overlapping text issue).

8 Icon Default with Hidden Today No Text Flash

8 Icon Hidden Today No Text WeatherBug

4 Icon Default with Hidden Today No Text

8 Icon Default with Hidden Today No Text

8 Icon Default with Hidden Today

4 Icon Default with Hidden Today

8 Icon Transparent Default with Hidden Today

4 Icon Transparent Default with Hidden Today
    Last edited by cozper; 03-18-09 at 10:39 AM.
    Eliteg5 TTL likes this.
    02-24-09 02:35 PM
    believe me...this theme is really great. keep the original theme with hidden today. no lagging, no problems here and there, and no memory leak (i supposed ). anyway great job cozper. i am sure many people will love this.
    02-24-09 02:45 PM
    Looking forward to when it is available OTA!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 03:12 PM
    Looks fantastic! Waiting for the OTA!
    02-24-09 03:20 PM
    At the request of a couple people in this thread, I'm posting this theme I created. It's just the default theme with the hidden today feature enabled. I'm sure many of these have been posted, but here it is anyway.

I can't host this OTA, so if anyone has that capability please let me know and I'll send the files.
    I can Host the OTA!
    02-24-09 03:44 PM
    This is the best one so far. The others seem to have changed the font just slightly, but being used to the default on the Storm I can notice straight away.

Nice job!
    02-24-09 03:53 PM
    This is a great theme! Exactly what I needed. I was wondering if there was any possible way you could do it with just four icons on the bottom? Thanks. Keep up the good work.
    02-24-09 04:24 PM
    WONDERFUL! If only we could get an OTA...
    02-24-09 04:35 PM
    At the request of a couple people in this thread, I'm posting this theme I created. It's just the default theme with the hidden today feature enabled. I'm sure many of these have been posted, but here it is anyway.

I can't host this OTA, so if anyone has that capability please let me know and I'll send the files.
    This is the best theme I have run across for a business person or professional that needs to take a quick look at their calendar. Soft touch the calendar and it shows 6 upcoming calendar events. Same with messages. This is awesome! Thanks. Please someone host it OTA so I can share it with some friends.
    02-24-09 04:43 PM
    OTA is up (thanks motiond!!). See first post for link.
    02-24-09 04:57 PM
    Nice theme. After a week of trying out other themes, I went back to this enhanced Default theme. Just feels right.
    02-24-09 05:54 PM
    Agree at peekpoke. I missed feeling like I had a blackberry.

02-24-09 06:01 PM
    I'm a Storm noobee. So please bear with me if I make a dumb request.

I thought about trying some MacOS theme, but why? This default Storm theme is clean and simple, which is what I prefer anyway.

A request. Is it possible to show the items in TASK when I highlight the Task icon or the Memopad?
    02-24-09 06:26 PM
    One word -- perfect! Thank you!

02-24-09 06:38 PM
    One word -- perfect! Thank you!

Agreed!!!!!!
    02-24-09 06:44 PM
    This is the perfect theme!
    Thanks

02-24-09 06:48 PM
    Hey Coz, do you think you could tweak the icon labels in portrait, they are running into each other a little? Nice work!
    02-24-09 07:40 PM
    Coz - i have one small request - is there any way to make this exact thing but to make the icons at the bottom and the banner at the top totally see through? I hate that it is partially opaque and ruins my backround picture. Anway to tweak that in??
    02-24-09 07:59 PM
    Coz - i have one small request - is there any way to make this exact thing but to make the icons at the bottom and the banner at the top totally see through? I hate that it is partially opaque and ruins my backround picture. Anway to tweak that in??
    I think that would be a great feature too!
    02-24-09 08:30 PM
    just waiting on the 4 icon version
    02-24-09 08:30 PM
    Glad you all are mostly happy with the theme. It's the theme I've been using essentially since Plazmic was released because it meets my needs exactly without changing too many things.

I'm aware of the text issue on the home screen, where the text of some icons (eg Blackberry Messenger or Visual Voice Mail) is not automatically shortened, which can lead to the text overlapping with adjacent icons. I'm working on a solution to this, and hopefully I'll have an updated version where this does not occur. I'll post any updates in this thread.

If anyone else notices any issues with the theme, please post them in this thread as well, or send me a PM.
    Last edited by cozper; 02-24-09 at 11:46 PM.
    02-24-09 08:58 PM
    I have completed a totally see-through theme (banner and icons are see through). I will add the desktop installation files in the first post, and I am working on an OTA for this alternate version as well.

Keep in mind that this new version still suffers from the same problem as the original with regard to long icon text on the home screen. Still working on a solution for this.

Also, a 4 icon home screen will be available tomorrow. Sorry for the delay in this...I had to celebrate Mardi Gras, and I'm not currently in condition to be working on new themes.

02-25-09 12:55 AM
    I have completed a totally see-through theme (banner and icons are see through). I will add the desktop installation files in the first post, and I am working on an OTA for this alternate version as well.

Keep in mind that this new version still suffers from the same problem as the original with regard to long icon text on the home screen. Still working on a solution for this.

Also, a 4 icon home screen will be available tomorrow. Sorry for the delay in this...I had to celebrate Mardi Gras, and I'm not currently in condition to be working on new themes.
    I just downloaded your first theme, and it's great! Makes the phone feel like it's supposed to with a today screen. Thanks!

02-25-09 08:25 AM
    Best theme so far. Finally I have one I can use, after trying about 20 others. Only one very small issue. On the home screen there is a tiny space between the banner with all the indicators and the very top of the screen. It shows up as a thin line. This is just about the only thing different from the default. Not a big deal but thought I would point it out. Thanks for the awesome work!
    02-25-09 09:45 AM
    Simply perfect

02-25-09 11:10 AM
226 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD