UPDATE:

CTU Console Advanced OTA Download Link Compatible with OS versions 4.7.0.75 - 4.7.0.103

Donation Link (completely optional...it's a FREE theme)

I have completely redesigned the home screen with TONS of hidden features (calling this new version CTU Console Advanced). (UPDATE: CTU Console Custom also has hidden buttons now!!) Also minor changes to the lock screen and some text updates.

There are three customizable icons (two to the left of the Today area and one below with static text [for WeatherBug]). Now...here is where the changes come in. All of these areas are now highlight-able/clickable:

CTU logo = Lock
    CPU = Calendar
    RAM = Messages
    TCP = Tasks
    Internet = Browser
    group of text under CTU logo = Options
    group of text over clock = Profiles
    Clock = Clock
    Display = Media
    Channel = Manage Connections
    Databank (you can only see "Data") = Contacts
    notification area = Compose
    Status Text Area = Applications List

It takes some getting used to, and to fully understand what each area of the screen does, you will just have to play around with it. A new zip file has been added below.

Enjoy!

P.S. I am still looking for someone to host an OTA link - let me know if you are willing...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am obsessed with the show 24 and have a man-crush on Jack Bauer, so I designed this theme to look like a CTU console from the show. Let me know what you think.

SEE ATTACHMENTS BELOW (Desktop Manager; NOT OTA):

Before we get to the screenshots, let me preface a few things.

1. I made this theme based on what I wanted to get out of a theme. I'm sure there will be people who want a non-today version, but again, I made this theme for me. Since the CB community has offered so much to me, i figured I would give back by sharing my creation, but I am not taking requests at this time (constructive critasism...yes, requests...no) - I just don't have the time...
    2. I like the look of the default BB icons, so I have no intention of skinning the icons for this theme.
    3. I cannot and will not take credit for the design/creation of the artwork. Most of what you see were images found via Google and "Frankensteined" together using Photoshop to fit my needs. If any of the images used in this theme belong to you, please let me know so due credit can be given.

And...we're off!

APP SCREEN (VERT)

APP SCREEN (LANDSCAPE)

MENU

DIALOG

LOCK SCREEN (VERT)

LOCKSCREEN (LANDSCAPE)

INCOMING CALL

ACTIVE CALL
    Last edited by 48hughey; 03-19-09 at 07:17 AM.
    02-19-09 08:55 AM
    Dig it.

Now to make the clock make the classic "donk donk" sound!
    02-19-09 08:58 AM
    Very Nice..... I never watched the show But I have been thinking about getting the seaons on DVD..

And be ready to get slammed with OTA demands ;p
    02-19-09 08:58 AM
    Where can I download this from. DAMN IT! WE NEED AN OTA!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 09:07 AM
    Now to make the clock make the classic "donk donk" sound!
    Already done on my phone (well, my email alert tone it the clock noise...), and the End Credits theme is my ringtone...
    02-19-09 09:17 AM
    When can we download it?
    02-19-09 09:18 AM
    Very nice work...looking forward to a download! Would you be able to post the .cod and .alx files on an upload site like megaupload or mediafire until OTA is available?
    02-19-09 09:20 AM
    Can't wait to install this!!!
    02-19-09 09:42 AM
    Would you be able to post the .cod and .alx files on an upload site like megaupload or mediafire until OTA is available?
    I will work on this...
    02-19-09 10:35 AM
    pretty nice dl now will comment in a few days.....
    02-19-09 12:05 PM
    Very nice work...looking forward to a download! Would you be able to post the .cod and .alx files on an upload site like megaupload or mediafire until OTA is available?
    I just added a download link to my orginal post.

Let me know if you have any problems.
    02-19-09 12:06 PM
    I just added a download link to my orginal post.

Let me know if you have any problems.
    Just downloaded it and installed, running great so far I love the theme. Only complaint is the top 3 icons. I have all my messages combined, I would like to see this be customizable, is there any way?
    02-19-09 01:28 PM
    Just updated the incoming/active call screens. Link updated.
    02-19-09 01:31 PM
    Will you ever add the ability to change the top 3 static icons to maybe the 1st 3 of your top row instead of having them always be those three (not everyone uses those things). Other than that I love the theme. Thanks for the work!
    02-19-09 01:46 PM
    Awesome man.......
    Looking forward to upgraded version when Plazmic gets better ( I think it has a case of the flue, whenever I export) ;-)
    02-19-09 01:49 PM
    I dont get the today screen in mine......
    And the third icon is not on.
    02-19-09 01:54 PM
    This is because ur messages and sms are combined like mine. I asked him about that in an earlier post no response yet. If you hit the calender you will have your "today" show up.
    02-19-09 03:24 PM
    This is because ur messages and sms are combined like mine. I asked him about that in an earlier post no response yet. If you hit the calender you will have your "today" show up.
    Correct, if you have your email and SMS inboxes set to be "Combined", the SMS/MMS icon will not show (change them to "Separate" to get it to show).

The Today area only shows when the appropriate icon is highlighted and there is new info. For Messages and SMS/MMS, new messages (not unread, but new - i.e. you have not entered the messaging inbox since they came to the phone) will be displayed when the corresponding icon is highlighted. Highlight (touch, don't click) the calendar icon to see the upcoming appointments set in your calendar.

1. I made this theme based on what I wanted to get out of the theme...Since the CB community has offered so much to me, i figured I would give back by sharing my creation, but I am not taking requests at this time...- I just don't have the time...
    Last edited by 48hughey; 02-19-09 at 04:05 PM.
    02-19-09 03:36 PM
    OK, so I had a few extra minutes left on my lunch break and I felt bad about those of you who want the custom icons, so..............................I updated the zip file to include two versions of the theme (the original and a customizable version)!!! Check my original post for the new link!

edit: (I have not tested the Custom version.)
    02-19-09 04:03 PM
    very cool, been waitin on this....
    02-19-09 05:32 PM
    how do we customize it?
    02-19-09 05:45 PM
    ^ i am with that.. and how can we seperate the messages/sms folders nm i figured it out
    Last edited by Jito007; 02-19-09 at 05:55 PM.
    02-19-09 05:50 PM
    open messages hit bb>options>general options> go down to sms and email inboxes.. put it on seperate......
    that will usually fix it on most themes
    02-19-09 05:55 PM
    how do we customize it?
    The four home screen icons are set by the user in the CTU Console Custom version. They will mirror your top 4 icons in your main app screen. The original version (CTU Console) has the top 3 icons permanently set as Messages, Calendar, and SMS, but people wanted to change them for themselves...
    02-19-09 06:25 PM
    Where is the custom version? The download I got only contains the original version. Great looking theme. One thing I noticed that when words are suggested as you type, they do not display in Gold text, they display Black until selected.

Really liking this theme...Great work
    02-19-09 07:28 PM
136 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD