Features:
    • 4 or 8 default zen icons on the home screen that bounce or "Glow" (like the Blackberry Bold's icons) and display the icon name when "touched"
    • 1 dedicated icon spot in the banner (it's the 9th application in your application screen) on the home screen where the text is permanently displayed...perfect for those who use WeatherBug
    • "Hidden today" feature, so you can highlight the Calendar, Messages, SMS, or Phone icons on the home screen to display 7 items (unread messages or 7 upcoming calendar events)
    • Clicking the empty space on the home screen above the 8 icons launches the application menu (just like the default zen theme)
    • Clicking the clock in the banner on the home screen launches the Clock application
    • Clicking the connection type and signal strength icons in the banner launches the Manage Connections application

If you like what you see, please donate!

__________________________________________________ ___________________

UPDATE 4/13

I posted a new version of both themes that utilizes the Blackberry Bold's glowing icons. Many of you had requested this, and I promised it would happen...sorry it took so long to update.

Let me know what you think, and as always feel free to donate if you like the theme!

OTA LINKS:

You can download the Bliss 8 WeatherBug Glow theme OTA here.

You can download the Bliss 4 WeatherBug Glow theme OTA here.

You can download the Bliss 8 WeatherBug theme OTA here.

You can download the Bliss 4 WeatherBug theme OTA here.

Any comments or suggestions? Feel free to post in this thread or send me a PM.

Here are the screenshots:

Home Screen with Calendar highlighted (and hidden today info displayed)

Application Screen

Bliss wallpaper
    Last edited by cozper; 04-13-09 at 10:01 PM.
    03-04-09 06:51 PM
    hey, that's pretty sweet.
    will be checking it out.
    03-04-09 07:54 PM
    Looks great. I'm excited!
    03-04-09 07:55 PM
    Looks great! Can hardly wait to give it a try!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 09:56 PM
    Along with the clickable time at the top... try adding the feature to where you click on the signal meter and it open manage connections as well.

Also, if you can, add another line or so to the hidden today which pops up for the calendar/sms/messages. I think there's plenty of room for another entry or two with room left for the application strip.
    Last edited by jbcb3; 03-04-09 at 10:06 PM.
    03-04-09 10:03 PM
    looks good...
    03-04-09 10:04 PM
    battery percentage !!!
    03-04-09 11:35 PM
    or battery bar like iphone that be nice....
    03-05-09 07:11 AM
    It this done yet? I don't see an OTA link or anywhere to download.

Thanks!
    03-06-09 07:32 AM
    another hit willing to test it for you. One suggestion would be to have program screen to be black instead of wallpapered. (so people can have the option of switching their homescreen wallpaper.

Huge fan of your work
    03-06-09 05:29 PM
    UPDATE

The OTA link is up. I had to make a change to the theme, specifically with the default wallpaper on the home screen and application screen. For some reason, whenever I put the "Bliss" wallpaper in the theme as the default image, the icons on the home screen got messed up. I couldn't figure out what the reason was, so I just changed the wallpaper. You can still use the same "Bliss" image as the home screen wallpaper if you want to, and you won't have any issues at all.

Thanks to those who tested the theme and provided feedback.

If you like the theme, please consider donating. And as always, please provide your feedback, both good and bad.
    03-06-09 06:08 PM
    Looks really cool. I stick to four icons, however, lol.
    03-06-09 06:19 PM
    LOVE the location of the Weather.

When its sunny it looks like the actual sun in contrast with the background.

Great work.
    03-06-09 07:45 PM
    This is really the perfect theme.
    So simple, so elegant, and it looks amazing.
    Only thing I would probably change is the background of the full menu. If you can make it the same as the bliss background that would be perfect.
    Thanks.
    03-06-09 08:05 PM
    one again a home run good work
    03-06-09 09:41 PM
    nice, my fav theme so far, I like how it's simple and clean with the weather at the top
    03-06-09 09:49 PM
    I absolutely love this but am having trouble relocating my WeatherBug to the home screen. Currently the browser icon sits in the upper right but I'd much rather have the WB up there.

Hints?
    03-07-09 08:20 AM
    Fantastic update. I love everything about it (including the clickable clock and signal meter I suggested). Plus, the one extra line, making it 7, on the hidden today is great as well. It's much better without that "background" behind the icons or on the top banner.

What would you think the memory leak/lag on Bliss is compared to the default zen? I didn't notice much, if any, on the other and i've only been running Bliss for less than 12 hours but so far so good. Think it'll be about the same as default zen hidden today?

One suggestion, as it relates to the clickable signal strength. As it is now (above the weatherbug), i find it a tad bit hard to click because of the location. Would it be possible to move it to the left side to the cross hair looking thing to the right of the battery bar? Seems like there would be a bit more room over there. Also, any chance of getting a numerical percentage next to the battery bar?

Thanks for creating and updating. Hands down the best, most functional theme out there.
    Last edited by jbcb3; 03-07-09 at 10:35 AM.
    03-07-09 10:32 AM
    I absolutely love this but am having trouble relocating my WeatherBug to the home screen. Currently the browser icon sits in the upper right but I'd much rather have the WB up there.

Hints?
    Did you put it in the 9th slot in your app menu?

And are there any plans to make a four icon version of this with WeatherBug? I love it but I find two rows too cluttered for my taste (on any theme, not yours specifically!)
    03-07-09 10:36 AM
    [QUOTE=zazzified;1881352]Did you put it in the 9th slot in your app menu?
    QUOTE]

I didn't until just now, and it works great. Sorry for the silly question, and thank you all for the great info!
    03-07-09 10:40 AM
    And are there any plans to make a four icon version of this with WeatherBug? I love it but I find two rows too cluttered for my taste (on any theme, not yours specifically!)
    Yes, there will be a 4-icon version as well. In fact, I'll probably post the OTA link some time today.
    03-07-09 11:39 AM
    Fantastic update. I love everything about it (including the clickable clock and signal meter I suggested). Plus, the one extra line, making it 7, on the hidden today is great as well. It's much better without that "background" behind the icons or on the top banner.

What would you think the memory leak/lag on Bliss is compared to the default zen? I didn't notice much, if any, on the other and i've only been running Bliss for less than 12 hours but so far so good. Think it'll be about the same as default zen hidden today?

One suggestion, as it relates to the clickable signal strength. As it is now (above the weatherbug), i find it a tad bit hard to click because of the location. Would it be possible to move it to the left side to the cross hair looking thing to the right of the battery bar? Seems like there would be a bit more room over there. Also, any chance of getting a numerical percentage next to the battery bar?

Thanks for creating and updating. Hands down the best, most functional theme out there.
    Hard to say for sure about the memory leak/lag compared to the default zen, but I haven't noticed any difference at all. Most of the new themes result in at least some additional memory leak when compared with the default theme, but I haven't noticed a significantly faster/greater leak with the Bliss theme.

I agree that the clicking the signal strength to open Manage Icons application is a little difficult. I played around with moving the signal strength icons to different places in the banner, but I didn't like the look of it. If it's something that more people ask for, I'll move it somewhere else (maybe I could flip-flop the batter meter with the signal strength?). But personally I like having the signal strength in the upper right corner and the battery in the upper left.
    03-07-09 11:43 AM
    UPDATE!

I've posted an OTA link to a 4-icon version of the theme. Link is in the original post.

Enjoy, and if you see any problems please let me know.
    03-08-09 11:55 AM
    After trying out a few different themes that were cool looking I am really glad that I have found one that looks great and is totally functional. Well done!

One question/comment: I use a combined inbox of emails/SMS/MMS but when I hover over messages on the front screen, it only displays MMS's. Am I correct in assuming that this is built into this theme? When I change the option to "Theme Controlled" then the extra icon pops up for my SMS's and I can preview all of those but still not emails under the messages icon.

If it is theme controlled, have you ever thought about making a slightly different version that displays all messages when hovering on the message icon? Or if it is not theme controlled can anyone point me in the right direction to get my emails displayed (done a ton of searching but can't find an answer).

Thanks again and keep up the awesome work!
    03-08-09 02:19 PM
    Awesome, thanks so much for the four icon version! Off to download.
    03-08-09 02:26 PM
157 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD