Hey guys...this was a request so I hope that ya like it :O)

Updated Version 2: Created different shades of the light banner to the top, and added the application names to the home page icons

Version: 2.6 - 100% banner: OTA link
    Version: 2.5 - 80% banner: OTA link
    Version: 2.4 - 60% banner: OTA link
    Version: 2.3 - 40% banner: OTA link
    Version: 2.2 - 20% banner: OTA link
    Version: 2.1 - no banner: OTA link

Updated: Version 3: Changed the home page text & icons's to a light gray and altered navigation to remove the wobble
    New Navigation: OTA link
    Original Navigation: OTA link
    Original Navigation with white letters: OTA link

Updated: Version 2 - Hidden Dock Fixed Lag a little for high-speed scrolling ): OTA link

Updated: Version 2 - Visible Dock: OTA link

Version 1 OTA link

If you like any of my themes please donate:

Last edited by rasta321; 09-03-09 at 05:18 PM. Reason: added a new version
    06-24-09 05:20 PM
    I'm sad that no-one has appreciated your almost excellent theme! Thank you very much, for I was just looking for something like this, except that its even better! The ability to hide homescreen icons is super cool, though may I point out that the only slight glitch noticeable is that when you move the 'cursor' rapidly from one homescreen icon to another, they sorta 'wobble' a bit. Its not a big issue at all, but just wanted to point out what I felt was preventing it from being one of the best themes ever! Will look forward to your reaction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 06:33 AM
    I'm sad that no-one has appreciated your almost excellent theme! Thank you very much, for I was just looking for something like this, except that its even better! The ability to hide homescreen icons is super cool, though may I point out that the only slight glitch noticeable is that when you move the 'cursor' rapidly from one homescreen icon to another, they sorta 'wobble' a bit. Its not a big issue at all, but just wanted to point out what I felt was preventing it from being one of the best themes ever! Will look forward to your reaction.

Thanks man :O)

Ya i know about the wobble...the reason that it happens (i think) is because I made it so that you are able to hide the dock by scrolling up at anytime...

Because of this as you scroll across it tries to slightly undock itself...hence the wobble...would love to know a fix for this but i think that the only way to avoid this is by changing the order of navigation button, but then i would loose the ability to dock it instantly...you would scroll to the end/beginning of the 8 icons in order to undock it which should solve the problem...

any help would be appreciated...thanks again
    06-25-09 07:59 AM
    In that case I think its perfectly fine. Why fix something if it ain't broken, right? I thank you once again for making such a useful theme! Any effort to further improve it in any way possible will be icing on the cake!

06-25-09 08:32 AM
    Downloading it right now...gonna give it a test run. Love the idea of the hidden dock.

Is it possible u make 10 icons on the home screen?

Thanks.

06-25-09 08:55 AM
    this is in my opinion the best of any themes with the stock icons
    06-25-09 08:09 PM
    The icons need to show the red notification star. That's all I can find wrong.

06-26-09 12:31 AM
    @Boosted
    The icons DO show the red notif icons. At least on mine (OS 5.0.0.100). Not only that, the first line of message contents appear on the Homescreen (Today style) if the cursor is on the newly received message icon. How cool is that?

@rasta321
    Hi buddy! One thing I can suggest is to improve the speed of cursor movement across the icons, as they lag a bit if moved fast. Not a big issue though. Glad to see that others are also finding your cool theme useful!

06-26-09 01:04 AM
    oh that's sweet. trying this now
    06-26-09 10:47 AM
    @Boosted
    The icons DO show the red notif icons. At least on mine (OS 5.0.0.100). Not only that, the first line of message contents appear on the Homescreen (Today style) if the cursor is on the newly received message icon. How cool is that?

@rasta321
    Hi buddy! One thing I can suggest is to improve the speed of cursor movement across the icons, as they lag a bit if moved fast. Not a big issue though. Glad to see that others are also finding your cool theme useful!

hey man...chk out version 2...i think it might have solved the lag problem a little...let me know what ya think
    06-26-09 11:55 AM
    Downloading it right now...gonna give it a test run. Love the idea of the hidden dock.

Is it possible u make 10 icons on the home screen?

Thanks.

hey man...chk out this OTA...will be posting another thread shortly but since you asked :O)

06-26-09 01:27 PM
    One weird thing I'm getting is that the new mail asterisk" is not clearing from the mail icons after I open any new mails. This is persisting even after a battery pull.

Not seeing this behavior on other themes.
    06-26-09 02:32 PM
    One weird thing I'm getting is that the new mail asterisk" is not clearing from the mail icons after I open any new mails. This is persisting even after a battery pull.

Not seeing this behavior on other themes.
    ya man...i know about that issue...its pretty flaky but it does go away but I am not sure why it happens because I didn't mess with any of the alert icons...but if anyone knows how or why this happens would love to know
    06-26-09 02:59 PM
    Hey rasta, great theme you have here! I was wondering if you could do one without the carrier name?

06-26-09 04:28 PM
    Hey rasta, great theme you have here! I was wondering if you could do one without the carrier name?

hey man...no worries...here is the link :O) OTA

06-26-09 05:07 PM
    This is definitely sweet and what I've been trying to do, I like the stock theme just needed space for more icons.

Any chance at getting the top area with clock, battery bar etc, to have that same darker banner but somewhat transparent or alpha'd?? I love that effect so on certain backgrounds the text doesn't get washed out.

Also, the mini icons for mail for some reason don't have a red indicator maybe another set needs to be made because if you hit the menu to go to fullsize icons the red indicator is there? Not sure.

Otherwise this is by far my fav theme to date! Many thanks.
    06-26-09 09:13 PM
    @rasta

Hey buddy! Thanks for updating to v 2. Unfortunately, I didn't see much difference in the lagginess. However, here are a few suggestions to make this theme perfect, keeping in mind all the posts submitted by others:

1. I second the suggestion by Titanbry on making the clock, date, signal etc., a shade darker so that they'll be easily visible.

2. To be honest with you, I haven't faced any problem with the new message notification asterisk. It appears when I get a new mail and goes away as soon I'm done with it. But I think others are facing some problems.

3. I tried the one without any operator 'logo' and in my opinion, it looks better than with it. So you make this a permanent thing with all your future updates.

4. The 'slowness' or 'lagginess' when moving the cursor around rapidly is still there and as I'd mentioned in an earlier post about it not being a huge issue, its still kinda like niggling. I changed to the default theme and checked the movement of the cursor and although I understand that it may be tough to get it exactly like it, any improvement will be great.

5. You could incorporate all the above mentioned suggestions into two sets of themes; one with 8 icons and one with 10. Personally, I don't mind.

Lastly, I can't thank you enough personally for making such a wonderful theme, as I have a great number of wallpapers and now its a joy to see them almost in full thanks to you! All the above are humble suggestions so please only look into them during your free time and don't take too much trouble. You've alredy done a lot! Thanks again!

06-26-09 10:47 PM
    @rasta

Hey buddy! Thanks for updating to v 2. Unfortunately, I didn't see much difference in the lagginess. However, here are a few suggestions to make this theme perfect, keeping in mind all the posts submitted by others:

1. I second the suggestion by Titanbry on making the clock, date, signal etc., a shade darker so that they'll be easily visible.

2. To be honest with you, I haven't faced any problem with the new message notification asterisk. It appears when I get a new mail and goes away as soon I'm done with it. But I think others are facing some problems.

3. I tried the one without any operator 'logo' and in my opinion, it looks better than with it. So you make this a permanent thing with all your future updates.

4. The 'slowness' or 'lagginess' when moving the cursor around rapidly is still there and as I'd mentioned in an earlier post about it not being a huge issue, its still kinda like niggling. I changed to the default theme and checked the movement of the cursor and although I understand that it may be tough to get it exactly like it, any improvement will be great.

5. You could incorporate all the above mentioned suggestions into two sets of themes; one with 8 icons and one with 10. Personally, I don't mind.

Lastly, I can't thank you enough personally for making such a wonderful theme, as I have a great number of wallpapers and now its a joy to see them almost in full thanks to you! All the above are humble suggestions so please only look into them during your free time and don't take too much trouble. You've alredy done a lot! Thanks again!

hey man...let me know what ya think of version 3...as well as the altered navigation
    Last edited by rasta321; 06-27-09 at 12:01 PM.
    06-27-09 11:58 AM
    Everything looks great. My only request still is for the background bar at the top like the stock theme that is somewhat transparent but makes viewing the info at the top easier.

06-27-09 03:17 PM
    Everything looks great. My only request still is for the background bar at the top like the stock theme that is somewhat transparent but makes viewing the info at the top easier.

hey man...see if version 2.2 is better
    06-27-09 03:48 PM
    Awesome thanks dude. 2.2 is the bomb. Do you know if its possible for me to load your theme into Plazmic on my system? I wanted to try and experiment with the top banner, darker, diff colors etc. I've made themes from scratch in plazmic but I've never tried loading an existing theme in. Anyway much thanks, great work.

06-27-09 05:53 PM
    To begin, thanks ever so much for this, it really is utterly brilliant and will make my BB life soooo much better.

However, (and let's face it, you knew it was coming ) there is one thing that I think would improve it slightly, although I suppose others may disagree.

On the stock theme, the current icon on the 'favourite' list showed it's name above the icons but I don't see that here. Is it possible to show that name ? as I have 6 email accounts on the Bold and it can get confusing

Also, just FYI, I don't see the red notification asterisks on email icons when mail arrives... however, if I navigate to the full menu then back to the favourites list, the asterisks are there.

Both of these are minor things though and it's still so improved on the stock theme, mainly becauseI can see everything I want on one screen.

Many, many thanks for your work on this.

Michael
    06-28-09 02:43 AM
    @rasta

Wow buddy! You're simply smokin all our requests! Thanks so much! We all appreciate your kind effort.

I now don't have any more 'complaints' (lol) but I fully agree with Michael's suggestions above. Just like him, I don't consider them a big issue but nevertheless a few splinters less in the flesh.

I've been 'testing' both the two new updates during the day with various wallpapers and found out that the one with the dark clock background is the better one, as the one (I think version 3) I requested is laggier and also the grey clock, etc, colour isn't as good.

May I suggest you kindly make the clock backgroung a lil bit darker, as with bright wallpapers its not readily visible? I truly hope you aren't getting wound up with all our requests, but just know that we all really appreciate your effort to make us feel happier whenever we glance upon our homescreens!

06-28-09 07:59 AM
    @rasta

Wow buddy! You're simply smokin all our requests! Thanks so much! We all appreciate your kind effort.

I now don't have any more 'complaints' (lol) but I fully agree with Michael's suggestions above. Just like him, I don't consider them a big issue but nevertheless a few splinters less in the flesh.

I've been 'testing' both the two new updates during the day with various wallpapers and found out that the one with the dark clock background is the better one, as the one (I think version 3) I requested is laggier and also the grey clock, etc, colour isn't as good.

May I suggest you kindly make the clock backgroung a lil bit darker, as with bright wallpapers its not readily visible? I truly hope you aren't getting wound up with all our requests, but just know that we all really appreciate your effort to make us feel happier whenever we glance upon our homescreens!

hey man...let me know what ya think about the different version
    06-29-09 02:33 PM
    To begin, thanks ever so much for this, it really is utterly brilliant and will make my BB life soooo much better.

However, (and let's face it, you knew it was coming ) there is one thing that I think would improve it slightly, although I suppose others may disagree.

On the stock theme, the current icon on the 'favourite' list showed it's name above the icons but I don't see that here. Is it possible to show that name ? as I have 6 email accounts on the Bold and it can get confusing

Also, just FYI, I don't see the red notification asterisks on email icons when mail arrives... however, if I navigate to the full menu then back to the favourites list, the asterisks are there.

Both of these are minor things though and it's still so improved on the stock theme, mainly becauseI can see everything I want on one screen.

Many, many thanks for your work on this.

Michael
    hey man let me know what ya think about the changes
    06-29-09 03:02 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD