I found a way to get my lame behind to the computer and finish this one I've been working on. I do believe this is a first on CB, and yes it's FREE! The only thing I ask for is feedback

Features
    • HIDDEN L homescreen! Yes thats right...a hidden 9 icon L dock!
    • ALL icons customizable
    • Weather/profile spot in banner
    • Bold style graphics
    • Built in Crackberry mobile portal launcher
    • Custom lock screen - change the wallpaper but keep the graphics
    • Wide open homescreen (with dock hidden) to show off that wallpaper
    BE SURE YOU READ THE BETA DISCLAIMER BELOW!!!

Home screen with dock hidden:

Home screen with dock up:

Icon screen:

Incoming call screen:

Lock screen:

Dialog screen:

Requirments - 83XX with 4.5 OS. Also works with 4.5/4.6/5.0 Hybrids

Attached are a DM install zip and an OTA self install zip. Future versions may have OTA hosting, but this is an open beta looking for feedback.

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...1&d=1250464297

Hit the above while on WAP to dl the OTA files to your device. Unzip (I recommend BBfilescout), browse to unzipped .jad and click on it to install.

BETA DISCLAIMER!
    REALIZE, THIS IS A LOT FOR AN 83XX TO HANDLE!
    This will not be the snappiest theme you've ever used, and may be too laggy for you. I feel I've finally got it to be usable, just not "quick" (yet). I'm trying to push things to the limit, and hopefully I'll be able to smooth things up in later versions. This shouldn't have any adverse effect on your BB. Unload the theme, delete it and you'll be back where you were. But do realize this is BETA software!

ALL feedback is appreciated!

BE SURE TO DO A BATTERY PULL AFTER LOADING!

Enjoy

UPDATE 8/18/09
    new files added.
    HiddenL1_1a_Desktop.zip for DM install
    HiddenL1_1a_OTA.zip for self OTA install

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...1&d=1250628058

link for 1_1a_OTA.zip on wap ^^

UPDATE 8/29/09
    please see post 34 http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/fr...ml#post3468106

new files added.
    Hidden_L_1_3A.zip for DM install
    Hidden_L_1_3A_OTA.zip for self OTA install

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...1&d=1251593475

link for 1_3A_OTA.zip on wap ^^

Normally, I would delete all the testing cr@p above, but in this case I'm leaving it and the beta zip files attached for reference.

UPDATE 9/01/09 FINAL VERSION OTA!

Get it here folks. Hidden L OTA

Not perfect, but usable and pretty. I'm calling this one DONE except for any user found bugs.

Enjoy
    Last edited by gbhil; 09-01-09 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Update
    08-16-09 06:32 PM
    I like the concept! great job!
    08-17-09 09:46 AM
    awesome theme, i like it a lot. I just hate that my curve cant handle the theme better. it lags when i go from the main menu back to the home screen. Great theme though.
    08-17-09 11:05 AM
    I think the concept for this pretty nice. I want to have all the apps I use on the home screen and be able to see my wallpaper. This is the only theme I've seen that can do that but it made my phone really slow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 11:45 AM
    Thanks for helping to test this. If you could answer a couple questions for me, it might help me speed this thing up and make it better on our 83xx devices.

1. Does the dock slide up and in smoothly?
    2. Does the dock slide in slowly every time, or is it very slow the first few times and a little faster afterwards?
    3. When jumping from home to icon screen do you see the hourglass and general laggy-ness?

Also if you could list your device, OS and free memory I would appreciate it.

I have this running pretty smoothly as-is on my wife's Tour, but I won't release it until I can get this one running. I want this to be a "Curve exclusive" for a bit

08-17-09 02:04 PM
    1. When I move to the icon at the top of the screen the dock will disapear and sometimes it will halfway disapear then come back.

2.The going away and coming back was different everytime, sometimes very slow sometimes it would not disapear all the way. A few times it worked pretty fast though.

3.The general lag was pretty bad, I used the theme for over an hour but having to wait for things to load everytime was kinda much.

curve 8330 verizon 4.5.0.138

memory-32843511

also thanks for doing this theme, this is a really good idea.
    08-17-09 02:49 PM
    I don't understand. Is this an OTA or not?
    08-17-09 05:17 PM
    aharv612 - thanks for the feedback. Will help me when I get back to it tomorrow.

Cool Breeze - No, its not. What I've done is place all the OTA files in a zip file. Download this to your BB. Use BBfilescout to unzip them to a folder. Browse to the .jad file you unzipped, and click on it. Your BB will think its an OTA and install it.

08-17-09 08:47 PM
    Thanks!

08-17-09 09:37 PM
    Will be very interested in this once i get my laptop back on Sunday.....maybe by then it won't be beta anymore either....you know i'm a fan to your themes !
    Thanks and keep it up
    08-18-09 09:55 AM
    Downloaded it and will put it on my 8330 later today and let you know how it does. Looks like a nice theme and can use my own wallpaper.

Thanks,
    Heath51
    08-18-09 10:05 AM
    UPDATE 8/18/09

First post has been updated with new versions.

known issues -
    Dock remains slightly visible on left side of homescreen
    Lock screen has been changed to "ugly" plain version
    Fonts and non-icon graphics have been set to default DimensionZen style
    These are temp things that allow me to track preformance changes.

Please uninstall original version and reboot before trying new beta. Also, please try theme WITHOUT a battery pull, then WITH a battery pull to see if there is any preformance differences.

THANKS EVERYONE WHO IS HELPING OUT!
    08-18-09 03:48 PM
    Great Theme,gbhil !!! I just loaded it to my 8820 with hybrid os, very nice looking!!! I immedietly noticed the wifi label is covering my signal strength, no biggie, just thought you might want to know. It is a bit slower than my usual theme, but not bad for a beta.. I will monitor my phone for a day and see if I notice anything else.. Once the wifi is moved and its sped up overall (I'm patient), I will keep it as my new favorite!! Keep up the good work gbhil!!!Thank You!!!

08-18-09 07:44 PM
    Yeah, I believe I just crammed all the signal meters up out of the way for the time being. Glad to see someone trying it on something other than an 8330. Testing themes on simulators doesn't really tell you much. And another hybrid OS as well

Please keep the reports coming folks. The only way to make this any better is with y'alls help.

08-18-09 11:09 PM
    And Wendy - don't be scared to try the beta . Would be nice to hear your opinion on speed difference between this one and the last L theme I put out on the same device and the same user. Hint hint lol.

08-18-09 11:12 PM
    Yeah, I believe I just crammed all the signal meters up out of the way for the time being. Glad to see someone trying it on something other than an 8330. Testing themes on simulators doesn't really tell you much. And another hybrid OS as well

Please keep the reports coming folks. The only way to make this any better is with y'alls help.

I will keep you posted. Please keep me in mind for any future projects, I am always trying new stuff, plus plenty of time for experiments.. Trying to figure out how to jam the .169 os on a 8820 without bricking it right now..

08-18-09 11:17 PM
    And Wendy - don't be scared to try the beta . Would be nice to hear your opinion on speed difference between this one and the last L theme I put out on the same device and the same user. Hint hint lol.

Lol....I would love to but have to wait till Sunday when i'm back home where my laptop is....right now im on vacation in SC....and im from Toronto...sooo my BB is 'out of business' until i'm back....and trust me i'm missing it...but i will for sure be checking it out as soon as i get back
    08-19-09 01:51 PM
    Just curious gbhil...because this is a hidden dock...i see on one of the screenshots a '1 missed call' ...is there also a '1x message' up in the banner ? i'd like to keep my weather up in the slot in the banner and not the 'envelope' for mail....gosh i wish i could use my BB...i wouldn't be asking these silly questions...lol !
    08-19-09 09:24 PM
    Hey gbhil....
    I've got this theme on now...and it works great...
    actually it's quicker than the freeview and it has
    the date and message indicator which i was missing
    on freeview.....soooo....I love it !
    It's my new 'favourite theme'....which i will probably keep forever
    Thanks sooo much for your time and talent

I've attached a 'un-hidden' screenshot of it...yup..love it !
    08-23-09 01:34 PM

That looks really nice! Good work, gbhil!
    08-23-09 02:32 PM
    Just curious gbhil...because this is a hidden dock...i see on one of the screenshots a '1 missed call' ...is there also a '1x message' up in the banner ? i'd like to keep my weather up in the slot in the banner and not the 'envelope' for mail....gosh i wish i could use my BB...i wouldn't be asking these silly questions...lol !
    Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Got my leg in a cast and access to the computer is hit and miss, and I put the subscriptions for my theme threads in a seperate folder so I dont see them on WAP . I see you answered your own question though, so all is good.

Hey gbhil....
    I've got this theme on now...and it works great...
    actually it's quicker than the freeview and it has
    the date and message indicator which i was missing
    on freeview.....soooo....I love it !
    It's my new 'favourite theme'....which i will probably keep forever
    Thanks sooo much for your time and talent

Great! The ss looks good, and that wallpaper looks great with it. Now you HAVE to tell me exactly what OS you're running and your free memory lol. Runs pretty laggy on my 8330 @ 39m free, but I'm thinking that may be some issues with the 4.6 files I have in my hybrid. Like a dummy I took a working hybrid OS and re-bastardized/hybrated it again

Any suggestions to make it better?
    And you're quite welcome. My goal is to make free themes that people like enough to use, and save them the few bucks from buying them.

That looks really nice! Good work, gbhil!
    Thanks much! I'm learning as I go along lol.
    08-23-09 06:03 PM
    Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Got my leg in a cast and access to the computer is hit and miss, and I put the subscriptions for my theme threads in a seperate folder so I dont see them on WAP . I see you answered your own question though, so all is good.

Great! The ss looks good, and that wallpaper looks great with it. Now you HAVE to tell me exactly what OS you're running and your free memory lol. Runs pretty laggy on my 8330 @ 39m free, but I'm thinking that may be some issues with the 4.6 files I have in my hybrid. Like a dummy I took a working hybrid OS and re-bastardized/hybrated it again

Any suggestions to make it better?
    And you're quite welcome. My goal is to make free themes that people like enough to use, and save them the few bucks from buying them.

Thanks much! I'm learning as I go along lol.
    OS is 4.5.0 and my Free Files: 7116552 Bytes...is that a lot of memory left or no ???
    (i hope that's my memory...im so not a techy...lol)
    The only thing i'm missing this time was i liked the incoming call screen colour on Freeview...and this one is just the plain old ugly one (your words..lol)
    but other than that this one's for me
    Sorry to hear your leg is in a cast....not fun especially in the summer ....hope it gets better soon
    Last edited by wendyb5724; 08-23-09 at 06:30 PM.
    08-23-09 06:28 PM
    In case maybe your interested...or maybe your wife...
    here's the WP i used with this theme in my ss...
    got it from JayKayBee on the Share Your Favourite Wallpaper thread...

I get lots of compliments with your theme and the walls
    Last edited by wendyb5724; 08-24-09 at 08:03 PM.
    08-23-09 06:50 PM
    Diggity. One report of it working nicely on a stock 4.5 OS, and with under 10 megs free. That's promising news. Thanks Wendy.

I grabbed the first 2 wallpapers before I jumped on the berry. Thanks for them!

ANYONE trying this out please throw me some feedback! If I can get all the kinks worked out I plan to whip up a How-To so some of our more artistic thememakers can have a crack at hidden L docks. Can't do it without y'alls help tho.

08-23-09 09:12 PM
    gbhil...is this theme gonna come outta the 'beta' stage after you work out all the tweeks ?
    I know you told me not to be scared of beta...but i don't know why ?
    (me and my so not techy questions..lol)
    08-23-09 09:41 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD