Here is basically a big jump upgrade from my vacation spot theme. It serves the same purpose, but in a better way. There is a hidden dock at the bottom of the screen with 6 customizable icons and a slot for a weather app in the upper right corner and is the 7th icon. The banner is small so you can have your favorite wallpaper on your phone. The icons are silver precision icons that i resized. It is a smoothe theme that so far i haven't found any lag in it.

Background is from yethzark on deviant art.

ENJOY!

Hidden Dock with Weather slot
    OTA LINK
    Blank homescreen
    OTA LINK

It is always nice to get a donation right?
    DONATE
    Last edited by peteywhit_1990; 09-28-09 at 12:53 PM.
    09-24-09 06:44 PM
    Nice job!!!!
    09-24-09 06:54 PM
    Nice job!!!!
    Thanks Jen
    09-24-09 07:06 PM
    I love this! I'm on WAP so maybe I'm not seeing it, but how do we get this? I don't see a zip.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 08:55 PM
    I really like this one. Just waiting on that ota. Nice wallpaper. :- ))

09-24-09 08:58 PM
    I can't wait to get up in the morn so I can d/l this. Love it!
    09-24-09 09:16 PM
    I really like this one. Just waiting on that ota. Nice wallpaper. :- ))

ha i'm glad you told me about it. It really looks good. And it might be a while before the ota because i have to find another way to host them because ohost just screwed me over. (even though it is free german site ) but i'll try to get it up.

I can't wait to get up in the morn so I can d/l this. Love it!
    Thanks cool breeze and i hope you like it even more when it's on your phone!
    09-24-09 09:21 PM
    I love this! I'm on WAP so maybe I'm not seeing it, but how do we get this? I don't see a zip.

and the zip is an attached file so it only shows on comp. and dont have an ota yet. hopefully i can get one up soon
    09-24-09 09:23 PM
    It's a beauty! I like the slim top banner.

Pardon my asking but how did you go about getting those icons? Presumably you resized them yourself. My question is how you did it? What size did make them before you put them on a 48x36 transparent background?

Thanks!
    09-24-09 09:24 PM
    It's a beauty! I like the slim top banner.

Pardon my asking but how did you go about getting those icons? Presumably you resized them yourself. My question is how you did it? What size did make them before you put them on a 48x36 transparent background?

Thanks!
    Glad you like it.. and i learned how by searching forums and learning that way, but here's a quick run down.

when you download plazmic, it comes with all the icons for the stock themes for all the different phones.

On this one, i used the silver precision icons that were originally 80x80 pix. and I use Gimp when i resize icons because to me it's easier going through the motions over and over than in photoshop.

The stock icons for the 8300 is 48wx36h.

So what i do is create a new canvas 48x36 with a transparent background.
    I then open up a few icons from the plazmic folders and resize each one whatever size..depending on if you want small or normal icons.
    Mine, i think i did 32x32.
    When you have one resized, just copy it, then paste it on your blank canvas (if you use gimp, it automatically centers it for you, but depending on what icon it is, you may have to shift it a little).
    Then just save it as whatever and repeat the process.

Once you try it out, you'll get the hang of it.

But like i said, i find gimp easier to resize and photoshop easier to recolor.

Hope this helped.
    petey
    09-24-09 10:20 PM
    Hey thanks! I do have Gimp and have worked on resizing them before, so I guess that is what I will keep doing. 32x32 looks to be a nice size.... Anyways until I get all my icons done I will use yours. Thanks.

09-24-09 10:42 PM
    after i d.l. it to comp...what do i do next,never done one this way but i like it...is it for storm?
    09-24-09 10:54 PM
    after i d.l. it to comp...what do i do next,never done one this way but i like it...is it for storm?
    no this is for the 83xx series, hence it being in the 83xx forums. sorry
    09-24-09 11:18 PM
    I love it! Nice work!

09-25-09 12:24 AM
    I love it! Nice work!

Thanks LG!
    09-25-09 10:44 AM
    sweet job!
    09-25-09 07:12 PM
    Very nice...
    09-26-09 08:20 PM
    Looks nice. I might try it out. Thanks!
    09-26-09 09:51 PM
    Idk if I read through all the way, but is ther an ota link anywhere???

09-27-09 03:24 AM
    Nevermind I finally read through lol, any eta on when an ota link is going to be available?

09-27-09 03:38 AM
    how do i put this theme on my phone throught the computer? i've never done it this way
    09-27-09 12:05 PM
    how do i put this theme on my phone throught the computer? i've never done it this way
    Save the zip file to your desktop or documents, unzip it (extract it, whatever) and open up desktop manager. Hook up your phone with usb cable and go to add applications and browse for the alx that's in the zip file. Then click next anf finish, and it downloads it..

09-27-09 12:41 PM
    I have a question about this.
    What's the deal w/the weather slot? I'd like to have the weather displayed, but don't know how to go about doing it.
    Also, will any vacation picture work w/this? I have a beautiful picture of sunset @ Newfound Gap on my phone right now.
    09-27-09 01:04 PM
    To make your weather show in the top, go to your app screen and make it your seventh app...I use berry weather and it shows the temp with the icon..and yes any pic should work

09-27-09 06:59 PM
    do you have any idea when u r gonna post the OTA for this awesome theme?
    09-27-09 07:58 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD