I returned the product. The feature brief states recording notes on the run and while on a call. It does not mention an important fact....it does not record both sides of the call. The absence of this bit of info is false advertising.

What's worse, is I did a review 4 days ago and it is not posted. I stated the same thing as above and it isn't posted, nor is the feature brief updated with that critical piece of info.

It would be simple to include the disclaimer but isn't and given that the 3 'approved' reviews for the product only mention the pro's of the product minus any con's, it is very evident that product reviews are manipulated for this app to mislead.
    07-17-09 06:39 AM
    thats like saying berrybuzz doesn't change your ringtones... if it's not in the list of features then its quite likely that it's not a feature
    07-23-09 11:13 PM
    There is an app available that can record calls, tho I will not give mention to the name. I do agree that people shouldn't expect an app to act outside of it programming. It was never stated that it records calls, only that it takes voice notes during calls.
    07-30-09 09:29 AM
    How can you say you know of an app to record calls but won't mention the name?
    I have been searching for months and was almost duped into buying Berry Record
    till I realized what it was (or rather what it wasn't). Then for a brief second I was
    filled with excitement when I read your post here till I realized it was a forum
    tease. Do you really know of a working app for this purpose or are you just leading us on?
    By the way...I mean no sarcasm by any of this. Just hoping its for real.
    10-08-09 09:42 PM
    This company that has a device that lets you record both sides of your calls to a digital recorder or PC, check it out, they're called dynametric, search their site for CRA-125V.
    04-28-10 04:50 PM
    Make sure you do some research before deciding whether this app if for you. I was looking for something to record a phone conversation and realised that nothing exists for the BB (boo!).

I ended up purchasing a copy of BerryRecord anyway since I've always been scrambling for a pen and paper to scribble something while I'm on a call. This seems to work on the Bold 9700 even though it's not officially supported (I took a punt after Googling a Spanish forum reporting the same thing).

Tip: read the FAQ (www berrywav com / faq.html) on the vendor's website for important info or be prepared to be disappointed.
    06-23-10 08:39 PM
    I also bought the app, thinking it would record both sides of the conversation. The reviews and the website were misleading, and did not explain this important difference. I have also requested a refund. Boo Berrwav
    08-04-10 11:59 AM
    I found one that"s smaller and less expensive than the dynametric cra-125v that cost $89.99. It's the forus emc-100, just plug it into your recorder and put the ear piece in your ear, turn the recorder on and put the phone to your ear and talk like you would normally do. It's $29.00 at sypcentre security 214-234-7543 and talk to vincent
    09-25-10 02:23 PM
    Why RIM does NOT include call-record function in the smart phones?! in my country (and in most of countries) it is ABSOLUTELY legal to record the conversation. Did I knew that I could NOT use it on my torch, I probably would have bought another phone. (

There are also other things, that are NOT done:
    1) add to existing contact: why must I pay for that app?! it must be included in the phone functions...
    2) on BB TORCH, there is NOT a possibility to completely use touch... (sometimes you prefer to use only touch screen, not the keys). There is NO "backspace" button on touch screen when you use it.
    3) you can NOT answer the call by using TOUCH screen (line on Iphone).

If somebody from RIM reads, it, would be very grateful, if answers shortly to my questions.
    Thanks
    Data
    11-27-10 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD