Before I begin my reviews, I would first like to thank Seidio for their great customer service. They are proven among the CrackBerry community as one of the top accessory manufacturers, and it is clear to see why they have developed such strong customer loyalty. If I ever had a problem or question, their response was swift and extremely helpful. I should also say that I am currently using the Innocase 360, which I am very impressed with and use as my daily case. Check out Stang68’s review for full details and pictures.

Innocase Snap:

Design: The Innocase Snap is a one piece case that is designed to protect the back, sides, and bottom of the Tour. It is made of the same rubberized material found on most other Innocases. The difference in this case, however, is a criss-cross pattern that goes down the back of the case in a hour-glass shape. It is not harsh on your fingers when you rub against it, and actually feels very nice to the touch. Almost feels like an extremely soft leather material. The inner part of the case has the felt backing, which provides extra shock protection, as well as soft cushion for the Tour to rest on. Holding the Tour in place are two curved edges on the top and bottom of the case. Both curve over the chrome bar in order to secure the device. All side buttons and inputs are easily accessible, as well the charging area for the dock.

Initial Impressions: After holding the Snap in my hands and playing around with it for a while, I was immediately impressed with the feel of the case. The new texture on the back feels great to the touch and I think it provides better grip than the traditional smooth rubber. Putting the Tour in the case was very easy. There is no audible “snap” when the device fits in, but you definitely know when it’s secure. After putting the bottom of the device in first, I lightly pressed the upper piece into (and against) the top portion of the case and it feel right into place. Combining both the curved edges and felt backing of the Snap give it an extremely secure feel. At first glance, I was a bit worried as to how the phone would stay in place considering it is essentially only the back of a case, but I was proven wrong. The Tour is very snug and secure in the case. There is absolutely no wiggle room for the Tour to shake about.

As you can see from the pictures, the case is extremely thin. It adds almost no extra bulk to the device, and if it weren’t for the bottom curved piece, I would have a hard time figuring out if there was even a case on the phone to begin with! Taking the case off is just as easy as putting it on. You just pull the Tour out of the top section first, and it comes out very smoothly.

Functionality: The obvious purpose of this case is to provide light protection for the user who wants to see more of his or her device. There is no front protection, so your screen and keyboard are susceptible to daily wear and tear. I would recommend buying a screen protector if using this case because you can never be too safe with protecting your screen. On the whole, I think that the Snap serves its purpose well and provides basic protection for the casual user who does not want or need complete coverage. It is the perfect combination of light protection and the ability to show off the aesthetics of your Tour.

Final Thoughts: Overall, I am really enjoying this case. I personally prefer more protection, which is why the Innocase 360 is my daily case, but the Snap could be the perfect case for many Tour users. The Snap itself feels great and gives better grip than most other cases, including the other Innocases. People who combine the Snap with any form of screen protection will be enjoying their device for a very long time.

You can purchase the Innocase Snap from Seidio’s online store:

seidioonline.com
    Last edited by jorGeorge; 09-12-09 at 11:00 AM.
    09-11-09 12:52 PM
    Innocase Hybrid:

Design: The Hybrid is exactly that, a hybrid between the traditional rubber material and a clear plastic cover. The rubberized texture is used as the back piece of the case, while the clear �crystal� cover is used on the front portion of the case. Each piece snaps together with each other on the sides of the device, just as the Innocase 360 and Surface I. This combination allows you to show off the aesthetics of your Tour with the transparent material in the front, while also keeping the back of your phone fully protected with the rubber material. There is no screen protector or keyboard cover. The felt backing found in most other Innocases is absent from the Hybrid.

The Hybrid is essentially the same design as the Surface I except with the top half of the case being the clear crystal. The front does include a horizontal bar across the trackball and bottom of the screen. An indent is made for easy access to the trackball without any disruption in scrolling. All side buttons and inputs and fully accessible, including the speaker, while although partially covered, still allows for great clarity and loudness. The case is very easy to assemble and uses the same snap-together method as all other Innocases.

Initial Impressions: My overall first impressions are fairly positive. Assembling the case was easy, and the clear plastic piece is definitely secured onto the bottom piece. Putting it together is just like the Innocase Surface I and 360. The bottom piece has the same rubber material that Seidio is putting out on most of its cases, and gives great grip to the case. Initially I was a bit turned off by the plastic top. I was questioning it�s durability over the long-term and how it would hold up in the daily grind. The middle bar going across the device was not very sturdy and could easily bend when lightly pressed. I would imagine that if someone dropped this phone onto anything harder than a carpet, the plastic would crack easily.

Besides the durability issues, which need to be tested out over the long-run, everything about the case seems very well put together. It feels very sturdy in my hands and I feel safe throwing it in my pocket or on my desk. The plastic is very clear and you can clearly see the chrome bezel going around the Tour. From more than 3 feet away, you can barely tell that there is a case on the phone.

Functionality: The Hybrid can be a great daily case for any user who wishes to show off more of his or her phone while also keeping it protected. There is no screen protector, so I would have to recommend buying one separately. I feel this case is all about personal preference. You will either love or hate the plastic top. (If you love it you can also buy the Innocase Crystal which is complete plastic protection). Some people will be turned off by the glossy finish to the plastic, while others will think it makes the device look flashier. In direct sunlight, the plastic is very obvious, but in a more dark environment, it looks a ton better.

Final Thoughts: The Hybrid is a very good case for anyone that prefers to see more of his or her Tour while not compromising protection. I personally prefer the rubber material to the plastic, but each person will feel differently about the look of the case. It is a very good combination of both the rubber material and clear plastic. Combining this with a decent screen protector could be the perfect overall protection for many people.

You can purchase the Innocase Hybrid from Seidio�s online store:

Innocase Hybrid

Comparison Shots:

09-11-09 12:52 PM
    good review..i was trying to decide between the snap, incipio feather, and barely there from case-mate..i went with case-mate but they all seem pretty similar.
    09-11-09 01:02 PM
    nice review!
    09-11-09 01:04 PM
    thanks!! i was close to getting the hybrid, but b/w that bar on the front and "plastic" top, i think i may go with the Innocase II
    09-11-09 01:05 PM
    Super review! I'll probably have about 4 to 5 cases before I'm done. Otterbox Defender, Otterbox Commuter, Innocase 360, Innocase II and Epic off of Ebay.
    09-11-09 01:07 PM
    Awesome review!
    09-11-09 01:14 PM
    Glad to help! Please let me know if you have any questions!
    09-11-09 01:21 PM
    So no screen protector is included with the Snap?

Also, can you comment on whether the Snap appears to be scratching the top part of the bezel when putting it on? In your opinion, do you think it could possibly wear away the finish on the bezel over time?
    09-11-09 01:22 PM
    So no screen protector is included with the Snap?

Also, can you comment on whether the Snap appears to be scratching the top part of the bezel when putting it on? In your opinion, do you think it could possibly wear away the finish on the bezel over time?
    You are correct, there is NO screen protector on the Snap. It is just a bare-bones, minimal protection case. There is nothing wrong with that, it just depends on how much protection you need/want.

As of right now (3 hours of use) there is no scratches anywhere on the bezel. The rubber material holds onto the bezel, which is very soft and wouldn't cause scratches. As for wearing away the finish...it could happen, but it really depends on how often you are taking the case on and off. Right now everything is in perfect condition.
    09-11-09 01:25 PM
    Nice review! Mine will be up soon!
    09-11-09 01:52 PM
    Good review. Very thorough. I personally like the hybrid.
    09-11-09 01:54 PM
    You are correct, there is NO screen protector on the Snap. It is just a bare-bones, minimal protection case. There is nothing wrong with that, it just depends on how much protection you need/want.

As of right now (3 hours of use) there is no scratches anywhere on the bezel. The rubber material holds onto the bezel, which is very soft and wouldn't cause scratches. As for wearing away the finish...it could happen, but it really depends on how often you are taking the case on and off. Right now everything is in perfect condition.
    I think he was asking if it comes WITH any screen protectors, because others have reported that the INCIPIO Feather does. But no, they don't.
    09-11-09 01:55 PM
    kingzee - What are your thoughts on possible long-term wearing of the bezel, especially if taking the case on and off on a daily basis?
    09-11-09 02:01 PM
    Thanks for the awesome review!! I actually had absolutely no interest in the snap case until reading your review. Now I think it may be a good case to have in the collection. Basically it has all the features of the similarly designed competitor cases, such as Case-mate's barely there but features protection for the bottom of the device, which is the whole purpose of a case in my opinion. I am very impressed with this case now....
    09-11-09 02:24 PM
    Thanks for the awesome review!! I actually had absolutely no interest in the snap case until reading your review. Now I think it may be a good case to have in the collection. Basically it has all the features of the similarly designed competitor cases, such as Case-mate's barely there but features protection for the bottom of the device, which is the whole purpose of a case in my opinion. I am very impressed with this case now....
    Glad to help out! If you're looking for basic protection, look no further than the Snap. Seidio made a wise decision by making this case so that they can compete with the other cases you mentioned.
    09-11-09 02:58 PM
    Moved to Community Reviews!
    09-11-09 04:26 PM
    Just ordered an Snap and screen protector. Will add to the review, if appropriate. Thanks.
    09-13-09 06:29 PM
    is it easy take it out from the jean pockets?
    09-25-09 12:52 PM
    is it easy take it out from the jean pockets?
    Yes, it is very easy to take the case in and out of your pockets. It does not stick at all and attracts little to no lint/dust.
    09-25-09 04:41 PM
    I wonder how the snap compares to the Incipio feather?
    10-06-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD