Having reviewed so many games and gaming accessories, I thought it was time to do something different and give back to the Blackberry Community...

---------------------------------------------------------

WaterField Designs Suede Jacket Cell Phone Case
    Manufacturer: WaterField Designs
    Site: Buy from WaterField Designs
    Price: $9.00 (no pocket) / $13 (with pocket)

Overview : Keep 'em Together. It doesn't get any thinner than this! This Ultrasuede� slipcase prevents scratches on your cell phone. The elasticity of the pocket keeps it flat when empty and stretchy enough to hold your bluetooth or earbuds safely. Low profile slides easily into your shirt or jeans pocket. Comes in three sizes for a perfect fit on your Apple iPhone 3G/3GS, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, LG Dare, Blackberry Bold 9000, Blackberry Tour 9630, Blackberry Storm 9530/9550/9520, Blackberry Curve 8310/8320/8330, Palm Pre, Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, Nokia E71 or the Google Android G1. Available with or without the new pocket.

Suede Jacket Cell Phone Cases
    • Available in multiple sizes:
    • Apple iPhone 3G or 3GS / 2.5" x 4.6" / Size 30
    • BlackBerry Bold / 4.5" x 2.6" x 0.6" / Size 51
    • Blackberry Curve / 4.2" x 2.4" x 0.6" / Size 50
    • Blackberry Storm / 4.4" x 2.5" x 0.6" / Size 52
    • Google Android G1 / custom fit / Size 80
    • HTC Touch Diamond / 4" x 2.0" x 0.6" / Size 65
    • HTC Touch Pro / 4.1" x 2.2" x 0.5" / Size 70
    • LG Dare / 4.1" x 2.2" x 0.5" / Size 70
    • LG Dare Extended Battery / 4.1" x 2.2" x 0.5" / Size 71
    • Nokia E71 / 4.49" x 2.24" x 0.39" / Size 60
    • Palm Pre / 3.9" x 2.3" x 0.67" / Size 71
    • Samsung Instinct / 4.6" x 2.2" x 0.5" / Size 60
    • Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 / 4.4" x 2.1" x 0.7" / Size 80

Quality/Usability : This review is different from our usual reviews. As you can see, this has nothing to do with games but still has to do with electronics. Everyone these days carries a cellphone. Some prefer less bulk and rather go commando (phone naked with no protection) while others want 360� protection to keep that device minty clean and scratch free. So here is an alternative that adds barely no bulk and protection at the same time...

Having purchased a SEIDIO Innocase II and Innocase Holster for my Blackberry Tour, there may be times where I didnt feel like carrying my holster but wanted the slight protection for my screen. Even though I have a Clarivue Screen Protector on my screen since day one, I just don't like any screens on any of my phones to be exposed. I purchased a cheap soft drawstring pouch on eBay but it was a tight fit and I was barely able to close the pouch. I happened to stumble upon the WaterField Designs Suede Jacket Cell Phone case. The cell phone case is made out of a soft, scratch-free microfiber: Ultrasuede™. Ultrasuede is a completely synthetic material. The suede is smooth as you expect and would not damage or scratch your phone/screen.

The suede jacket I received was size 51 for the Blackberry Bold 9000. A naked Blackberry Bold will fit perfectly inside the suede jacket (sorry no pics). However, if you have a Blackberry Bold with SEIDIO Innocase, it won't fit. A Blackberry Tour 9630 with SEIDIO Innocase is a perfect fit (just a wee bit snug). A naked Tour would be slightly loose inside the case. Of course, a naked Blackberry Curve 8330 would be a little loose inside the jacket as well.

For an additional charge of $4, you can add a pocket. The pocket is sewed onto the suede and is made of neoprene/spandex type material. This pocket stretches and allows you to insert your credit card, drivers license, money, business cards and other items. I was able to fit 11 cards with the ability to add more if I needed but who really has 11+ credit cards? Of course, adding this much will definitely add bulk. You can even use this pocket to store your stereo headset, handsfree headset, spare battery...pretty much anything you can think of that is small enough to fit.

Conclusion : Overall, the WaterField Designs Suede Jacket Cell Phone Case is a wonderful case. It protects your phone from scratches and minor bumps. Not only does it protect your phone, but you can also use it to clean your screen. Unlike the suede made from animals, this suede is 100% spot and machine washable. It would be nice if WaterField Designs included a drawstring on the opening and can be used as a universal case for other cellphones, accessories or other electronics like MP3.

PROS:
    • Very affordable
    • Protects phone from scratches and minor bumps
    • Also able to clean screens
    • Washable
    • Optional pocket can store other items

CONS:
    • No drawstring
    • Different sizes for different devices. Not universal.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 09-30-10 at 11:16 AM.
    11-05-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD