2007 Model

Current model (the one I have)

Best BB accessory bought to date.

For all those who want to play their BB through there stereo of their car but does not have means other then an FM transmitter, I highly recommend this one.

Sound quality through unit is great
    Sure, You will never get true digital as it does convert it to analog but there is still very little distortion.

Smart Scan actually finds the best station for you to broadcast through. Then you just tune your radio in to that station.

4 presets.

And Griffin really thought the development of the unit all the way through.
    They added a USB port to the back of the plug so you can charge the phone and run the fm transmitter using one outlet. All you need is the USB to mini USB cable.

The new model which other then looks seems to be the exact same thing.
    The new model retails for about $50 and the old model has a close out retail of $25 (originally $50)
    03-22-09 01:31 PM
    looks good, thanks for sharing, i might have to looking into getting one
    03-22-09 08:58 PM
    FYI, I paid $30 for the new model.

I went in to Best Buy not realizing there was 2 different models (easy to tell in those pics but not off the crackberry). Walmart sells the old one for $30 but not in stores (it is a ship only model) and I showed them on the phone and they matched it. Like I said, I didn't realize it at the time but you can try that. I don't think there are any advantages over one vs the other, but you can pick it up same day at Best Buy.

However, even at $50 it would be well worth every penny. I was actually surprised how good the crackberry sounded through the radio via an fm modulator.

If I ever replace the radio, I will get one with an input though. Even though I did not experience any interference yet, I know it will eventually happen. Plus it will still be less wires.
    03-22-09 09:32 PM
    2007 Model

Current model (the one I have)

Best BB accessory bought to date.

For all those who want to play their BB through there stereo of their car but does not have means other then an FM transmitter, I highly recommend this one.

Sound quality through unit is great
    Sure, You will never get true digital as it does convert it to analog but there is still very little distortion.

Smart Scan actually finds the best station for you to broadcast through. Then you just tune your radio in to that station.

4 presets.

And Griffin really thought the development of the unit all the way through.
    They added a USB port to the back of the plug so you can charge the phone and run the fm transmitter using one outlet. All you need is the USB to mini USB cable.

The new model which other then looks seems to be the exact same thing.
    The new model retails for about $50 and the old model has a close out retail of $25 (originally $50)
    I also recommend it aswell ...
    I have one in both cars and work great
    i bought mine in target for 30 bucks .....shop around
    03-22-09 10:48 PM
    I have the one that has the connector for an IPod -- sounds great. I got mine at Overstock, but I don't know if they have the ones for the BB.
    03-23-09 06:00 AM
    Happy to hear the broadcast system doesn't degrade sound quality too much. That was the problem with an old XM Radio modulator I used to use on rental cars.......
    05-05-09 09:48 AM
    Thanks! I've been looking for a decent transmitter with an auto scan feature.
    05-05-09 10:12 AM
    If these work, great. I have used 2 Griffin FM transmitters for my girlfriend's, and also my, iPod. They both quit working within weeks and so did the replacements. I will never buy this type of product from Griffin again. Just my experience, hope everyone else' is better!
    Last edited by Blacklac; 05-19-09 at 11:20 AM.
    05-18-09 10:34 AM
    Hey Check out Ebay... i just bought mine for 14.99 with free shipping
    11-22-09 09:57 AM
    I wonder if this would also work with my Zune mp3 player...........anyone know the answer?
    04-01-10 10:49 PM
    Will this Fm transmitter also get charge from the 110v supply. If so how? Does the USB port accpt 110v?
    If not anybody know of a 110v FM tramitter --there are all sorts ro the i Pod so I cant see why nobody has one for the Blackberry?
    Jolymon
    11-04-10 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD