The box

Screen Protector

Hard Case Protection

11-23-09 02:50 PM
    Rubber Case Protection

Screens

Holster

11-23-09 02:50 PM
    I'm going to move this to community reviews! Right now it's just a review in pictures, but perhaps you can add a written review after you have had it for a while?
    11-23-09 02:54 PM
    Nice pictures! I was thinking about getting this one but I'll stick with my Commuter Case.Thanks for sharing.
    11-23-09 03:03 PM
    after 10 min of playing with the new case... i like it... type and scrolling is smooth...

the only thing that worry me is the holster with the magnet poking out... will it scratch or break my screen if i bump to something

11-23-09 03:05 PM
    [QUOTE=toospicynoodle;4157801]after 10 min of playing with the new case... i like it... type and scrolling is smooth...

the only thing that worry me is the holster with the magnet poking out... will it scratch or break my screen if i bump to something

Probably not because of how far the case is "ridged" on the edges. That is probably the only way they could make the phone go to sleep.

How is the functionality of the phone in the case? Are all of the buttons working as they should? There was a comment on that in the availability thread saying that the buttons were not working correctly.
    11-23-09 03:14 PM
    all the button are working properly... zero issues..
    11-23-09 03:18 PM
    does it feel really bulky in your hand? I think i will feel completely comfortable with this protection because of my work, but for outside work, does it feel completely useless and huge?
    11-23-09 09:26 PM
    does it feel really bulky in your hand? I think i will feel completely comfortable with this protection because of my work, but for outside work, does it feel completely useless and huge?
    yes.. i like this over the seidio
    11-24-09 12:07 AM
    Is it hard to switch out of it? I would use this for work, but I want to remove it on the weekends or when I go out, is that practical?
    11-24-09 05:54 PM
    it seems to be a slightly different design than the storm 1. looking for a video of it, how it is put together, holster design. Nothing up on youtube yet. Anyone find a video?? toospicy you able to post a video?
    11-24-09 06:38 PM
    it seems to be a slightly different design than the storm 1. looking for a video of it, how it is put together, holster design. Nothing up on youtube yet. Anyone find a video?? toospicy you able to post a video?
    there are only 2 diffrence

1. the LCD protection is not part of the top hard cover

2. the holster

3. the buttons are bigger than the one for S1..
    Last edited by toospicynoodle; 11-24-09 at 08:52 PM.
    11-24-09 08:43 PM
    ya i read about some of the problems with the integrated lcd protection. Although it seemed as if the older design would limit the dust better, or is this set-up very adequate?

Also the holster seems completely different. Still find that it locks in securely and would take a heavy jarring to knock it loose?

Thanks for posting up pics and responding so quickly. appreciate it.
    11-24-09 09:00 PM
    ya i read about some of the problems with the integrated lcd protection. Although it seemed as if the older design would limit the dust better, or is this set-up very adequate?

Also the holster seems completely different. Still find that it locks in securely and would take a heavy jarring to knock it loose?

Thanks for posting up pics and responding so quickly. appreciate it.
    i wont worry about it... maybe can do a monthly cleaning...

the click-ability > dust protection..
    11-24-09 09:16 PM
    Thanks for the pics and blow by blow review!

Not sure if i'm digging the new holster design though...all of my previous OtterBox's have had a fantastic holster with the slide up/down method. Looks like a coat or another belt could catch the top of this and pop it out of the holster

How secure is this design in your opinion?
    11-24-09 10:46 PM
    Thanks for the pics and blow by blow review!

Not sure if i'm digging the new holster design though...all of my previous OtterBox's have had a fantastic holster with the slide up/down method. Looks like a coat or another belt could catch the top of this and pop it out of the holster

How secure is this design in your opinion?
    it hold pretty tight... but time will tell...
    11-25-09 12:33 AM
    I've been rockin' the Commuter for 2 weeks now but I find myself really wanting the Defender. I'm going to try to hold off for now and see if the desire fades.
    11-25-09 09:40 PM
    here is a pix of a holster from the tour defender case... i think they are the same case as for S1 except the magmatic part...

i do think the reason why they change holster because your S2 will hit the magmatic part if you pull it out the phone...

i did drop s2 from the holster when i bump to something today.... but everything is fine... but still...

11-28-09 05:26 PM
    That's a major design change! The old style looks way more secure. I think I'd give up the sleeper magnet for the extra security.
    11-28-09 06:06 PM
    Yeah, I hope they don't use that Storm/Iphone style holster for the 9700 case when it comes out. The holsters that they have made for BlackBerry to this point have been VERY secure. And all of their holsters have sleeper magnets by the way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 09:11 PM
    after couple weeks of usage... the new holster is good thing i have the defender case... it has pop out the holster half dozen times already....
    12-11-09 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD