My name is Jordan and I was wanting to give my fellow Crackberry addicts a review of the DecalGirl blackberry skins. In specific I purchased the bbs2 Radiosity skin in matte finish.

To start I ordered the Skin on Friday 1/29/10 and received it on 2/04/10 the shipping was very prompt and received quickly which is very nice. Their prices are very good considering that for an invisible shield you're in for about $25 where with the DecalGirl skin it costs $6.99 for a gloss finish and $9.99 for the matte finish +shipping. All together I spent $24.95 for my skin plus a skin for my girlfriends Kindle and shipping which isn't bad.

Now for the good stuff! after putting the skin on my phone I am thrilled with how it looks. First though the application of the skin is extremely easy due to the type of adhesive they use. The adhesive kind of looks like a honeycomb which allows air to flow through the skin making it nearly impossible for you to get an air bubble under it which is an incredible design! Application of the skin is very nice and easy because you don't have to worry about fingerprints like the IS because it's not clear also you don't use water to apply the skin.

The look of the skin is very nice especially because it comes with a screen saver that flows perfectly with the design which just gives it a really neat look and feel. The matte skin feels smooth, but gives you a little bit of extra "grip" on the device. Once you see how this actually looks on the device I feel that anyone will be impressed the lines of the wallpaper connect almost perfectly with the screen border.

Although I like the Skin a lot there are a few negatives about it like the fact that skin covers the border around the screen to continue the design which really adds to the effect, but I feel they could have done this much better by making it a whole screen protector and have the design "painted" on which would just look sharp imho also the on screen buttons are covered by the border which doesn't seem to let that much light through and for this particular design are white and not the typical colors. Also the border was very tedious to put on and get matched up to the rest of the design, but was well worth it because it looks impressive.

Pro's: Looks impressive, gives the device a totally different look "freshens it up", easy to apply

con's: The screen border should be a screen protector with painted on design, on screen buttons are not very transparant

I will add pics later, but for now I will add the one from the site to purchase these which is DecalGirl : Stylish Protection For Your Gadgets!

DecalGirl site photo

Front of my phone. I put the picture for the background on my phone so you could see how perfect they flow together.

Back of my BB Storm2
    Last edited by joryoung; 02-09-10 at 08:14 AM.
    02-05-10 09:53 AM
    please let me know if you have any tips for me on the review, and any tips to improve future reviews.
    02-08-10 01:06 PM
    It would be better if you provided pictures of your device, rather than the ones from the website. It helps us to see what you see a lot better than the pro pics that they have posted on their site. Also does this skin cover the sides of the device? Or is it just the front and back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 01:24 PM
    It would be better if you provided pictures of your device, rather than the ones from the website. It helps us to see what you see a lot better than the pro pics that they have posted on their site. Also does this skin cover the sides of the device? Or is it just the front and back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am going to add pics of my device just having some issues with that lol, but the skins only cover front and back.

Pictures have been added to original post.
    Last edited by joryoung; 02-09-10 at 08:15 AM.
    02-08-10 02:05 PM
    I bought a skin from them last week for my 9700.
    Can't wait to have it.
    02-08-10 02:50 PM
    I bought a skin from them last week for my 9700.
    Can't wait to have it.
    I will say the application is pretty nice because you don't have to worry about air bubbles or even dirt really.
    02-08-10 05:34 PM
    Nice review there
    02-10-10 11:21 PM
    I got mine.

02-11-10 01:38 AM
    Nice paso, Looks good. Out of curiosity how do you like the gloss skin? I like the matte finish because it looks painted on does the gloss give the same effect?
    02-12-10 10:31 AM
    Nice review there
    Thank you very much I try.
    02-12-10 10:32 AM
    Nice paso, Looks good. Out of curiosity how do you like the gloss skin? I like the matte finish because it looks painted on does the gloss give the same effect?
    The matte have a more natural look, look like it have been painted like you said.
    For the gloss finish it look like more a regular sticker when the light hit it.
    I might say that the matte finish is better.
    02-12-10 02:40 PM
    I have a DecalGirl "Blue Neon Flames" skin on my Storm 2. The skin covers the entire device and fits well over my screen protector. My Otterbox Defender case fits OK over top of the skin as well. It was very easy to apply and stays put. I have the Gloss finish but I think the Matte would show less fingerprints and such. It still looks great though. Great review.
    02-16-10 01:02 PM
    I have a DecalGirl "Blue Neon Flames" skin on my Storm 2. The skin covers the entire device and fits well over my screen protector. My Otterbox Defender case fits OK over top of the skin as well. It was very easy to apply and stays put. I have the Gloss finish but I think the Matte would show less fingerprints and such. It still looks great though. Great review.
    Thank you very much.
    02-17-10 12:32 PM
    Hi all.
    Guys i am thinking of buying a new palm smart phone having some elegant skin on it,
    So could anyone here please suggest me some websites providing palm pre skins?
    02-26-10 09:49 AM
    Hi all.
    Guys i am thinking of buying a new palm smart phone having some elegant skin on it,
    So could anyone here please suggest me some websites providing palm pre skins?
    Here.
    Search - Find The Perfect Skin @ DecalGirl
    02-26-10 09:53 AM
    Just ordered two for my Storm 2. Great review, cant wait to try them for myself and I decided to go with the Matte finish
    03-02-10 11:02 PM
    Wow! the white skin really gonna suit my new palm pre. It gives my palm pre a very stylish and elegant look. And is being noticed by every one.
    07-22-10 04:11 PM
    Attachment 68346

This ^^^^^ is the one I'm getting. The reviews were excellent and they seem to be a very good company, so am going to take a chance that their product is better than most. Very polite and knowledgeable while I was on the phone ordering....I will show it off when I get it applied after getting it sometime Friday.....
    07-28-10 03:11 PM
    Those are really beautiful cover but I was wondering if you could bring the pics in-spite of website picture.. I just bought a droid mobile 6700 in which a skin cover came with it.. So, If you have anything to say then please let me know.
    02-15-11 04:14 AM
    Love DecalGirls
    I use them for other products, along with my berries. I had the Her Abstraction in gloss and covered it with a clear hard case and it looked great. I'm excited to try the matte look now that I've read good things about it. Yours looks great, love the one you chose!
    03-16-11 11:43 AM
    didn't want to start a new thread thought i'll post in here

Sorry for the crappy pics taken with a 9360 curve lol

EDIT: I don't mind if you flame me
    Last edited by AbuYazeedUK; 01-09-12 at 09:19 AM.
    01-09-12 09:16 AM
    Here is mine.

Back cover is a cubism composition assignment that I did for class two years ago.

Front cover is of my former cat.
    09-15-12 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD