to leave?

Today I wanted to update my daughters phone to a BB Bold, on ATT. We have been with ATT since 1991.

We currently have 3 BB's and one cell phone, all of which are out of contract. So today I go looking and see where Verizon has some outstanding deals, buy on get one, so I called ATT.

Call takers asks, how can we help you? Well I would like to add another BB for an upgrade for my daughters phone. Great we can do that!

SO I ask, I am looking at Verizon and was wondering what you may be able to do for a total of 4 new BB Bolds, to which she replies: "for you they are 199.99 each"! Yikes I say but I am looking at Verizon and even their most expensive BYGY is 149.99. Too which she responds: "That is for new customers"! So I say ok so you are willing to loose me and not make any offer? To which I hear: " your renewal is 199.99 per phone if you choose to update"!

SO I respond: Okay its been a nice relationship for 18 years, see ya!

So I guess this is ATT way of saying Merry Christmas loyal customer!

12-22-09 02:46 PM
    Wow, that's disappointing. I love how new customers get all the great deals and loyal ones get the shaft. (BTW, I have verizon and love them)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 02:54 PM
    Thats exactly what she said, also she said BTW that phone retails for 900 dollars sir so we are giving you a discount.

I politely said, I dont want to play that game!
    12-22-09 02:57 PM
    Man I feel your pain which is why I moved to verizon, this type of stuff doesn't happen, with them and last time I wanted a new berry my little brothers I got it for less then the price new customers were getting it because I had been with them for 2 years awesome deals.

12-22-09 03:25 PM
    Thats exactly what she said, also she said BTW that phone retails for 900 dollars sir so we are giving you a discount.

I politely said, I dont want to play that game!

900.00 each. The rep obviously has no clues. At most 649.99 for the 9000 Bold. You have to do what is best for you. I would recommend calling back and asking to speak with retentions.
    12-22-09 03:47 PM
    What'd the in-store rep say when you tried at a corp store?

I wouldn't put much stock in the phone people, it's often easier to work a deal with people in person.

When I upgraded to my Bold 9700 a couple weeks ago it was $50 after $100 MIR, they knocked another $50 off for customer loyaty discount so it's effectively free after rebate.
    12-22-09 04:01 PM
    Well, quitting AT&T because of a paltry $50 off the price of a phone doesn't sound like loyalty to me.
    12-22-09 05:35 PM
    yeah, you can easily get the bold 9700 for $0-$50 after MIR, just shop around
    12-22-09 08:34 PM
    No company will care if youre a loyal customer or not. They just want their paper. Sometimes the loyalty thing will work. Try going in store and talking to a manager, more likely to work a deal person to person.
    12-23-09 12:01 PM
    I think it is poor service that the cell phone companies will offer great deals to new customers but you are a current you get treated like crap. And offered much crappier deals

12-23-09 12:08 PM
    Thanks all. I sent an email and got a call from ERIC hYATT in their Lubbock office. After his eyes reviewed my account, we now have 4 new BB in route to us, and after all rebates and long time credit we end up with 0 cost!

Thanks Eric!
    12-23-09 08:31 PM
    That's awesome congrats man you deserve it after 15 years of loyalty.

12-23-09 08:33 PM
    That's good. Did you all get Bolds? or any Bold 9700'S?
    12-24-09 12:57 AM
    Yes we got bolds, we did not like the trackpads on the 9700's. Actuall he asked if we wanted iPhones.
    12-24-09 09:16 AM
    A few things...

Go into the stores... 9700s are $49.99 each after rebate. So you can buy three 9700s for the price of that BOGO deal on Verizon.

Second... switching carriers is one of the dumbest things I've heard to do as they all practice the same thing.

Third... Over the phone, that is what the retail price is, in store it's half that.

Whatever you choose, good luck.
    12-28-09 04:06 AM
    Thanks, we did. The retail stores here in Houston Texas have nver given us any kind of deal. They also said that the special pricing was for new accounts only. So in the store if they had given us the rebates, when we were there, they would have been 99.99 a piece.

The over the phone initial contact also quoted the same deal, it was not until I sent the email and got a call and the deal we got.

Which essentially was the 4 blackberrys for free. We did not want the 9700.

THanks
    12-28-09 08:54 AM
    In-store ATT reps have always been hit or miss with me. Going to a busy ATT store almost always ends up in a bad experience, and going to one off the beaten path almost always ends up enjoyable for me.

Anyways, my account is about 8 years old and I've found that calling in tends to always get you the better deals. Glad you got everything worked out!
    12-28-09 03:06 PM
    thanks setting them up now.
    12-28-09 03:08 PM
    Glad you got your BBs. Enjoy.
    12-28-09 06:07 PM
    Thanks one has a blue tooth issue we are trying to figure out. It says listening then when you try and connect it say unable to connect.
    12-28-09 06:27 PM
    (I am an At&t Cust Ser Rep), Go to the store or log in to your mywireless account at https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=nQ0SIXOo the devices will be cheaper there, and honestly even though i work for at&t and have T-mobile, I would NEVER go to Verizon, and here is why, no rollover, no simultaneous voice/data on "3G" Devices, read closely, i bet you the Bogo is after mail in rebate, at this moment the BB Bolds 9700 are 199.99 with a 100.00 MIR your total at most (before taxes after upgrade fees would be $471.96, now with Verizon term of the order state one per order, so you have to make two orders, then your locked into a contract that has and ETF of 350.00 per advanced device,
    01-05-10 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD