Okay, so I have found some answers but I am hoping to get more definite answers from you guys. I have the 8310 curve from at&t with unlimited messaging. I don't have a data plan. Is there a version of AIM I can get that uses SMS instead of data? Also does it cost me anything other than minutes to browse the at&t mall on my BB? Pretty much, what can I do and what can't I do? I don't want to end up with a crazy data charge by accident. Thanks!!
    01-18-09 07:19 PM
    Until someone comes with a comment on an application to use only SMS you can temporarily use this. It's all SMS codes to do AIM features: Computer Help - AOL Help AIM TXT
    This has the full list of the codes on one screen AIM through SMS commands...

You can also try AOL Mobile - AIM� I prefer the IM Forwarding

edit: These threads here on crackberry and on AT&T's forum say there is an application from AT&T that you can download -- downside is you need a data plan to get it first, after that it will use SMS to function. Perhaps you could add the BB data plan, download the program and remove the data plan the next day -- then should only cost you $1 (beats using the pay-as-you-go data)
    Last edited by howie; 01-18-09 at 07:49 PM.
    01-18-09 07:37 PM
    Okay, so I have found some answers but I am hoping to get more definite answers from you guys. I have the 8310 curve from at&t with unlimited messaging. I don't have a data plan. Is there a version of AIM I can get that uses SMS instead of data? Also does it cost me anything other than minutes to browse the at&t mall on my BB? Pretty much, what can I do and what can't I do? I don't want to end up with a crazy data charge by accident. Thanks!!
    In regards to your web browsing, it doesn't use your minutes as you mentioned, however you are charged per kilobyte for using it. So, you will see data charges for what you have already used. Your plan gets you unlimited text and MMS within the US.
    01-19-09 10:11 AM
    so if i dont have a data plan and i have unlimited texting i wont get charged

so if i get aim text or im forwarding there are no charges for data?
    02-07-09 01:40 AM
    Download OZ Messenger. This works off your messaging plan.

Go the medianet homepage. Click Mail and Messaging. The hit MobileIM and download that.

Of course there will be a KB charge for downloading this app.
    02-07-09 02:55 PM
    Also... welcome to Crackberry.com
    02-07-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD