Is there a way to put my Weatherbug bug in the top banner? Been making a few themes and would like to try it if it is possible.
    02-22-09 07:23 AM
    Is there a way to put my Weatherbug bug in the top banner? Been making a few themes and would like to try it if it is possible.
    I've done it for the Bold - I assume the process is the same for your device.
    Full screen banner, render home screen over banner, use device application order. Rearrange your banner indicators and position a homescreen icon in the banner area.
    Does this help?
    02-22-09 10:42 AM
    I will certainly give it a try. Thank you very much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 05:49 PM
    Do you have a screenshot of the one you made for the bold? I would be curious to see how it looks.
    02-22-09 07:35 PM
    I don't have a screen shot from one I've done with this exact method.
    Attached will give you an idea of about what WeatherEye looks like, but this was done using svg.
    The effect should be similar, depending on what you choose for underlays, etc.

Actually, attached is a simple svg (zipped) for the Bold that will give you 2 banner icons (based on your first two application icons). The first icon has been resized a bit smaller. It's been my experience that push applications don't work well here because of the resizing. So WeatherBug, WeatherEye, and anything else where the icon is updated periodically should not be placed as the first icon.

You should be able to modify the file for other screen sizes.

I recommend using this svg on the lock screen, too.
    Last edited by VeryBold; 02-22-09 at 08:14 PM.
    02-22-09 08:05 PM
    that is very very nice! svg is the way to go. i need a visual tutorial of this stuff. i find it intimidating though!
    02-23-09 02:14 AM
    Karen,

Awesome... I'm definitely going to steal that
    02-23-09 04:17 AM
    I got your first method to work but the svg method eluded me. I got close but, at least using the simulator, I found that the icons showed up at the bottom as well as the top (I have zen icons along the bottom of the screen in my theme). I would want it to only show up at the top. Looking at your screen shot it looks like you don't have icons on the bottom so you prob did not care.

-Greg
    02-23-09 09:28 PM
    Yeah, I deleted the rest of it with the hidden docks. (It took me way too long to create to want to give it all away. lol)

Anyway... if I understand correctly, the top 2 icons are repeating the first 2 icons of your bottom icons.

It's an easy fix. You can edit the svg file using notepad if you want to use it with a row of zen icons at the bottom.

Do a search on the word "slot" in the svg file. Slot0 is the first App. Slot1 is the second. Slot2 is the 3rd. Etc.

So if you have 6 icons at the bottom, you might want the svg to call apps 7 and 8. Change the slot0 to slot6 and the slot1 to slot7.

Last edited by VeryBold; 02-23-09 at 10:00 PM.
    02-23-09 09:52 PM
    Well that's just too easy. Thanks!

-Greg
    02-23-09 10:10 PM
    I searched for this and can't find it. Since you have been giving such amazing advice, I was hoping you had one more nugget of gold for me

Is there a way to show the text using the svg method? In WeatherBug they give you the current/high/low temps so I'd like to be able to display that. I've gotten this to work fine in the theme based solution but I want to be able to shrink the icon so need to be able to do it in the svg.

-Greg
    02-24-09 11:48 AM
    Is there a way to show the text using the svg method? In WeatherBug they give you the current/high/low temps so I'd like to be able to display that. I've gotten this to work fine in the theme based solution but I want to be able to shrink the icon so need to be able to do it in the svg.

-Greg
    Not that I'm aware of.
    Also, don't be surprised if the WeatherBug icon doesn't refresh automatically when resized.
    02-24-09 01:58 PM
    Thanks - I'll just leave the WeatherBug full size and done through the theme then. It works fine.

-Greg
    02-24-09 06:14 PM
    Not that I'm aware of.
    Also, don't be surprised if the WeatherBug icon doesn't refresh automatically when resized.
    I played around with the svg some more but you are right. There is no update in the resized icon. I tried putting BerryMeter there and it would not update either. I got it so that I could click on the icon and get it to execute the program (your sample would not do that) but that did not update either. I give up!

-Greg
    02-25-09 08:24 PM
    Greg,

Did you get the svg icons to update weatherbug at all? (I can't get it to happen ever).
    02-25-09 08:29 PM
    In the svg sample I posted, the first icon should not be used for pushed content. The second icon will work fine for pushed content.
    02-25-09 08:29 PM
    Greg,

Did you get the svg icons to update weatherbug at all? (I can't get it to happen ever).
    Nope. I went back to using the full sized Zen icon in the header as was described in Karen's first post. Works like a charm! I also switched from WeatherBug to BBWeather due to smaller footprint and nicer reports. I had wanted to put a little BerryMeter icon at the top but it never changed color when my memory went low so I bailed and am just sticking to full sized weather. My wife thinks I'm nuts for spending so much time trying to figure this out. Can't really argue with her either

Here is my end result:

Last edited by Greg G; 02-27-09 at 09:49 AM.
    02-26-09 09:39 PM
    I love this SVG.. THANKS.. now I need to think of what to put for the resized one... I have this setup with an L shaped theme with plus message and calendar...
    03-14-09 04:02 AM
    noob here. I added the svg file to a theme I was working on and when I load it I cannot scroll up to the icons. Is there something else I need to do?
    04-06-09 07:27 PM
    One more noob...
    I have downloadedn the *.svg, because I'm not able to make one on my own yet. Now I opended it in Composer, but nothing is shown, only a white background. When I load it in Theme Builder nothing happens... What do I wrong?
    Please help a noob who wants to learn...

ruebyi

EDIT.: I'm using Plazimic 4.7 and want to make the *svg work for 8900
    05-30-09 05:29 PM
    I have wanted to do this with my 8330. I am unable to get either method to work. There is no option for "full screen banner" in Theme Builder for the 8300 series, and I loaded the svg file, but it does nothing. Can you tell i'm a noobie at theme building? I have made a few other themes that do work, but I wanted Weather Eye in the banner and on my lock screen. Any help would be appreciated.
    06-01-09 07:15 PM
    How to do, to make that weathereye or weatherbug load at desired slot ubication.

I see that some themes when are installed at the phone take the weatherbug app & place it at the specific ubication. How to do that?
    06-02-09 09:32 AM
    I also wanted to try this for my curve 8330 but when I open with composer the screen is white with two really tiny blue icons. Is it a sizing issue? What should I do to make this work for 83xx?

Thanks.
    06-02-09 10:06 AM
    So, when I put WB or BBW into the Banner or into my Custom Home Screen using the Device Applications Order, some info comes through, BUT: in custom portrait, if I just wrist flip to apps/landscape and back, the icon info reverts to an earlier reading. If I navigate with my BB physical buttons to the apps area and back, the temperature info is reset to current correct values. For example, if you do the initial setup and look at what you have done and can see the current temperature, you say "What a good boy am I !" But then, a quick snap of the wrist puts you back to the startup icon. If you wait a while so several time periods go by, then a snap of the wrist reverts to a previous temperature settling. What ? Help !

Added note: same thing happens with BerryWeather. So... it is (1) me, (2) Plazmic, (3) RIM, (4) all of the above. Help !

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 06-16-09 at 08:50 AM. Reason: more info
    06-16-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD