So if you've been following this thread, you may be aware of some newly discovered objects that you can now manipulate with SVG code. Since there's so much code involved, and quite a few folks interested, I decided to maintain an active thread with 'snip-its' that you can use to customize your themes even more than before. With this new discovery, nothing on the home screen is off-limits. And the items that were limited before, are now fully customizable. I'll be adding new items as I find them. If you have something to contribute, post it and I'll update the OP. All of the snip-its below need to be placed inside of object tags (image, text, etc). You can customize the fonts and appearance to your liking via formatting code. Here goes.

Wallpaper:
    Code:
    x-object:/Image?src=wallpaper
    Date:
    Code:
    x-object:/CurrentDateTime?clocktype=date
    Time:
    Code:
    x-object:/CurrentDateTime?clocktype=time
    Battery:
    Code:
    xlink:href="x-object:/BatteryLevel"
    Coverage:
    Code:
    xlink:href="x-object:/Coverage"
    Roaming Icon:
    Code:
    xlink:href="x-object:/Roaming"
    GPS Mode Icon:
    Code:
    x-object:/GPSMode
    Alarm Icon:
    Code:
    x-object:/AlarmIndicator
    System Status:
    Code:
    x-object:/SystemStatus
    Indicators:
    Code:
    xlink:href="x-object:/GridIndicators
    Wifi Signal:
    Code:
    x-object:/WLANSignalLevel
    Owner Name:
    Code:
    x-object:/OwnerInfo?id=name
    Owner's Info:
    Code:
    x-object:/OwnerInfo?id=info
    More to come. The status text and today objects are A LOT more complex, so I'm just trying to figure a good way to put them in this thread.
    lllabao, razorx0, JTekt and 1 others like this.
    04-10-10 05:11 PM
    This is what is going to separate the men from the boys (women from the girls).
    Good luck guys.

btw, what does System Status actually display?
    04-10-10 07:06 PM

btw, what does System Status actually display?
    If I'm not mistaken, System Status is Carrier as well as that item that says 'No Service' when you don't have coverage.

I'm going to be attaching a banner.svg, so that everyone can see how the items are actually placed. You can use it as a real-world example.
    04-11-10 08:54 AM
    Just to help out here are the Banner and Homescreen SVG's for the Bold 2 9700
    04-11-10 09:21 AM
    heres my question, can i just call these items from inside of my own hand coded svg or do i need additional info for each thing?
    04-11-10 09:58 AM
    heres my question, can i just call these items from inside of my own hand coded svg or do i need additional info for each thing?
    i think deficitism was saying that was the only way, in the other thread
    04-11-10 12:05 PM
    how we can add the now the permanent/fixed status text in homescreen,please?
    04-11-10 01:00 PM
    I'm planning on posting up the non-fading status text today. This REALLY helps with composer created icon lag issues.

On another note, if anyone has played around with the 'wallpaper' object, you will notice that this is an internal device object. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but this is (as themers) our first step into the blackberry's internal memory. 20 bucks to the first person who figures out the object names of other pictures stored by the user. If we can figure this out, it'll be HUGE.
    04-13-10 04:37 AM
    I think part of the problem is that a lot of these things cannot be manipulated. In other words, if you try to manipulate the clock with this code, you cannot or you will get a duplicate entry error. You need to add a SEPARATE clock and THAT one you can manipulate with the code.

Furthermore, we still haven't figured out how to manipulate font size of a custom font greater than 50.
    04-13-10 09:50 AM
    I think part of the problem is that a lot of these things cannot be manipulated. In other words, if you try to manipulate the clock with this code, you cannot or you will get a duplicate entry error. You need to add a SEPARATE clock and THAT one you can manipulate with the code.

Furthermore, we still haven't figured out how to manipulate font size of a custom font greater than 50.
    As far as the clock thing goes:
    If you want a second duplicate clock, you need to set the objects name to something other than what RIM names it by default.

If you want a single clock that you can fully manipulate with code, set the visibility of the 'time' object in theme builder to none. (uncheck the box that says 'time' in the homescreen banner section of theme builder. Then you will not get duplicate errors.

For your font question, I think you are right. The max font for blackberry is 50. If you want larger, you will need to create a custom font. Then its 100% possible.
    04-13-10 10:36 AM
    I'm planning on posting up the non-fading status text today. This REALLY helps with composer created icon lag issues.

On another note, if anyone has played around with the 'wallpaper' object, you will notice that this is an internal device object. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but this is (as themers) our first step into the blackberry's internal memory. 20 bucks to the first person who figures out the object names of other pictures stored by the user. If we can figure this out, it'll be HUGE.

Here are the object names for the other pics for the Curve 83xx

App Screen
    Code:
      <image id="background"
            x="0"
            y="0"
            width="320"
            height="240"
            xlink:href="IconGridBackground.png"/>
    Lock Screen

Code:
      <image x="0"
            y="0"
            width="320"
            height="240"
            xlink:href="Images/OwnerInfoBackground.png"/>
      <image x="271"
            y="204"
            width="48"
            height="36"
            xlink:href="Images/LockscreenLock.png"/>
    Still looking for incoming call screens
    lllabao likes this.
    04-13-10 10:44 AM
    Object Names for the Bold2 9700

App Screen
    Code:
      <image id="background-mask"
            x="0"
            y="0"
            width="480"
            height="360"
            xlink:href="IconGridBackground.png"/>
    Incoming Call
    Code:
      <rect x="0"
            y="0"
            width="480"
            height="360"
            fill="black"/>
      <switchGroup id="lineImage"
            currentChild="lineImage_default">
        <g id="lineImage_default">
          <image x="0"
                y="0"
                width="480"
                height="360"
                xlink:href="Images/IncomingCallBackground.png"/>
        </g>
        <g id="lineImage_1">
          <image x="0"
                y="0"
                width="480"
                height="360"
        </g>
        <g id="lineImage_2">
          <image x="0"
                y="0"
                width="480"
                height="360"
        </g>
        <g id="lineImage_5000">
          <image x="0"
                y="0"
                width="480"
                height="360"
        </g>
        <g id="lineImage_13000">
          <image x="0"
                y="0"
                width="480"
                height="360"
        </g>
    Lock Screen

Code:
      <image x="0"
            y="0"
            width="480"
            height="360"
            xlink:href="Images/OwnerInfoBackground.png"/>
      <image x="399"
            y="253"
            width="80"
            height="80"
            xlink:href="Images/LockscreenLock.png"/>
    Active Call Screen

Code:
      <switchGroup id="lineImage"
            currentChild="lineImage_default">
        <g id="lineImage_default">
          <image x="0"
                y="0"
                width="480"
                height="360"
                xlink:href="Images/background_activecall_portrait.png"/>
        </g>
        <g id="lineImage_1">
          <image x="0"
                y="0"
                width="480"
                height="360"
        </g>
        <g id="lineImage_2">
          <image x="0"
                y="0"
                width="480"
                height="360"
        </g>
        <g id="lineImage_5000">
          <image x="0"
                y="0"
                width="480"
                height="360"
        </g>
        <g id="lineImage_13000">
          <image x="0"
                y="0"
                width="480"
                height="360"
        </g>
    lllabao likes this.
    04-13-10 11:30 AM
    Very nice contribution! I'll update the OP.

What I was kind of hoping someone could potentially figure out is user images! The question is, can a theme have access to user content.

For example, could we say something along the lines of:
    xlink:href="user/pictures/slot1.png"
    04-13-10 11:38 AM
    I exported a completed theme using the security settings from the other thread. I noticed that the wallpaper I choose was automatically renamed when the theme was exported.

example

App screen wallpaper called
    "mywallpaper91.jpg"

was renamed on export to
    "IconGridBackground.png"

So I think what we have to do is rename to the names used in the SVG
    04-13-10 11:49 AM
    so here's what i would like to see.....

i'm looking for a code for "on_new_bbm" or something like that! i want to be able to add an indicator to a custom button for new messages from bbm or sms..... in other words, say I want to add a new overlay on an image i create for an indicator for bbm messages..... it's gotta be out there. i would pay for this....

also, I want to see a command to make an item follow your finger on the touch screen bb.... like "onFocus" or "onActivate" but more along the lines of "onSwipe" or "onSlide" i'm looking to make it where an image or an icon can be moved according to where you touch without having to lift your finger and retouch.... also willing to pay for this.... that would be a HUGE contribution to the theme building community!

Somebody? Anybody?
    04-13-10 10:56 PM
    i dont think thats possible. It would require a hook into the API's.

that would be VERY cool... maybe in OS 6... fingers crossed!
    04-19-10 12:58 PM

i'm looking for a code for "on_new_bbm" or something like that! i want to be able to add an indicator to a custom button for new messages from bbm or sms..... in other words, say I want to add a new overlay on an image i create for an indicator for bbm messages..... it's gotta be out there. i would pay for this....

also, I want to see a command to make an item follow your finger on the touch screen bb.... like "onFocus" or "onActivate" but more along the lines of "onSwipe" or "onSlide" i'm looking to make it where an image or an icon can be moved according to where you touch without having to lift your finger and retouch.... also willing to pay for this.... that would be a HUGE contribution to the theme building community!

Somebody? Anybody?
    no such APIs....ahh shouldnt say api..no such code within the RIM world...
    Last edited by b15ginz; 04-20-10 at 01:26 AM.
    04-20-10 01:12 AM
    So, here's a question. I'd like to create an element that turns on and off on whether or not the text from the today area is displayed. I found the code in the homescreen files (it's like "today_text" or something like that), but whenever I try to impliment it it crashes. Suggestions?
    04-20-10 09:49 AM
    Is there a way to make the today text to fade out faster when you click off? Been trying to think of a way this can be done
    04-20-10 12:09 PM
    So, here's a question. I'd like to create an element that turns on and off on whether or not the text from the today area is displayed. I found the code in the homescreen files (it's like "today_text" or something like that), but whenever I try to impliment it it crashes. Suggestions?
    You can do something that: when a new message is received, display today area. When no new messages available, hide today area. I've tested this successfully.
    lllabao likes this.
    04-20-10 01:16 PM
    Is there a way to make the today text to fade out faster when you click off? Been trying to think of a way this can be done
    yes. You would do something like set today visibility to none on focusout.

My latest theme has a slide-up/slide-down today. Its nifty!
    04-20-10 01:18 PM
    What crashes? Your blackberry? Theme builder?
    04-20-10 01:20 PM

Somebody? Anybody?
    TECHNICALLY, its possible. the 'GridIndicators' object has an option called 'omitindicator'. Anything specified after that switch hides the display of that particular indicator. In the default indicator object it specifies omit bluetooth. The code is "omitindicator=:bluetooth:"
    I'd imagine, if you could figure out the specific indicator names of all BUT BBM you could omit them all? Or even better, if you could find a way to specify only BBM. The only way to figure that out would be through trial and error. Maybe "includeindicator=:bbm:"

*shrugs* play around with it!
    04-20-10 01:27 PM
    yes. You would do something like set today visibility to none on focusout.

My latest theme has a slide-up/slide-down today. Its nifty!

Thanks for the reply! What would I target to set this?
    04-20-10 02:11 PM
    Anyone got the full code for putting a transparent background behind a today?
    04-21-10 09:51 AM
611 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD