How do you get you tube on your BB 8900?
    02-02-09 10:34 PM
    Open your browser then navigate to m.youtube.com.
    02-02-09 10:41 PM
    go to m.youtube.com on your mobile browser and voila!
    02-02-09 10:41 PM
    Thanks you guys I always wondered myself! And good question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 10:47 PM
    My youtube stopped working. Apparently its some strange error. Any help guys?

02-03-09 02:00 AM
    I tried the mobile you tube and it won't let me watch a video without switching to WAP. Even when I clicked ok, nothing happened because there is no wifi here. I do have embedded media turned on, so whats the problem?
    02-03-09 07:56 AM
    Broswer > Options > General Properties > Switching to WAP for streaming media = uncheck
    02-03-09 09:42 AM
    Sweet, thanks man.
    02-03-09 12:52 PM
    Not a problem, enjoy!
    02-03-09 12:53 PM
    Still not working for me, it says "An error has occurred attempting to play media"
    02-03-09 05:06 PM
    I'm getting

An unexpected error has occurred while loading the media content: net.rim.plazmic.mediaengine.MediaException: CONTENT-application/x-shockwave-flash

I'm on the Curve 8330.
    02-06-09 04:16 PM
    I have 'Switching to WAP for streaming media' unchecked and I still can't get You tube to work. It only works when I'm on wifi. Help anyone?
    02-07-09 07:49 PM
    I'm getting the same message as well. I'm on wifi though and I'm still getting an error message. Any help/suggestions other than the aforementioned?
    02-07-09 10:28 PM
    I don't know if the switching to wap for steaming unchecked is the solution. Mine is checked and I don't have any problem watching utube at all. I'm not sure what your problems could be, but here's a utube launcher for your desktops so you are at least going to the right place.
    http://www.hostj2me.com/downloads/16...ouTubeIcon.jad

02-07-09 10:47 PM
    I don't know if this will help but...

I worked at this for 2 hours changing APNs and such because it seemed that I could only watch youtube on EDGE, which was very choppy unless I had all signal bars full. I kept getting the green bar in the upper right hand corner saying "LOADING". For the life of me I could not get it to play on WiFi or UMA. I have now found that it is the Blackberry Internet & Hotspot browser on the phone preventing it from playing. At least for me.

I could change the default browser to Tmo, and play a video 1 time only with UMA, but when I backed out for another video I kept defaulting back to UMA/WiFi, and could not get the videos to play again. I found that if you go to m.youtube.com and save it as a favorite in the Tmo favorites folder INSTEAD of the Blackberry/Internet folders, with the Tmo browser option elected in the favorite itself, youtube plays well on EDGE/UMA/WiFi.

You must save your favorite as stated above and use it when you access youtube, and it will play well, and automatically go back to your regular settings when you use a different browser.

For some reason it seems that Tmo only allows it to play through their wap browser, but you get the speed that's needed from the UMA/Wifi, and you can still keep the settings for your default browser at Internet or Hotspot. I just keep my "Mobile Network" setting at WiFi preferred to get the speed where available. I hope I explained it ok, I am not an expert in these matters...
    02-07-09 11:11 PM
    I give up!
    02-07-09 11:31 PM
    I still am not following some solutions. my settings are: in browser configuration all the boxes are checked, browser is set to internet, browser identification is BlackBerry.

In general properties, the default browser is set to internet browser, the only checked boxes are closing modified pages and switching to WAP for streaming media.

In Options, advanced options, browser settings are: Default browser config - internet browser. Default MDS browser config - internet browser, default WAP browser config - T-Mobile.

In Options, advanced options, In browser push all boxes, three on top of the age and one at the bottom of the page are all checked. The bottom box is allow WAP Push applications, all other settings are either Auto or Allow all.

Settings in TCP/IP are APN Settings Enabled - APN:epc.tmobile.com In my 8320 it was wap.voicestream.com. the other box on the page is not checked.

Firewall - Disabled, 0 blocked

TLS - proxy/no

Thats all I can think of as far as browser settings. I'm sure there's more, but my youtube works great.
    02-08-09 12:13 AM
    I still am not following some solutions. my settings are: in browser configuration all the boxes are checked, browser is set to internet, browser identification is BlackBerry.

In general properties, the default browser is set to internet browser, the only checked boxes are closing modified pages and switching to WAP for streaming media.

In Options, advanced options, browser settings are: Default browser config - internet browser. Default MDS browser config - internet browser, default WAP browser config - T-Mobile.

In Options, advanced options, In browser push all boxes, three on top of the age and one at the bottom of the page are all checked. The bottom box is allow WAP Push applications, all other settings are either Auto or Allow all.

Settings in TCP/IP are APN Settings Enabled - APN:epc.tmobile.com In my 8320 it was wap.voicestream.com. the other box on the page is not checked.

Firewall - Disabled, 0 blocked

TLS - proxy/no

Thats all I can think of as far as browser settings. I'm sure there's more, but my youtube works great.
    You are correct. I have just checked my 8900, and all of my settings are exactly the same. As I said, I am not technically inclined enough to explain it better, but what I am trying to say is that it is the browser (carrier) Tmo sets this permission on. As opposed to the Blackberry/Internet browser utilized to access youtube which is where the problem exists.

It is about how you save the favorite, or the setting of the Tmo browser at the time of navigation to the site...

When I save m.youtube.com as a favorite in the Blackberry/Internet/Hotspot browser, and scroll down while saving to browser, then select one of the 3 aforementioned browsers it does not work.

If I save m.youtube.com in the Tmo favorite folder, scroll down and select Tmo as the browser for that specific favorite, when saved here in this fashion, it works like a charm on all connections (EDGE/Wifi/UMA).

I assume that it does not have to be saved within the Tmo favorite folder,(could possibly be saved in the Blackberry/Internet favorite folder) but it must be specified that the browser utilized is Tmo.

I am wondering if you try to edit your youtube favorite, and scroll down, you will see the option for which browser to use each time you navigate to the site. It is probably set to Tmo, which is why it works. Thats how I discovered the problem with me, they were all set for internet browser.

I had the same problem with ABC, NBC, and CBS. I just went to each favorite clicked edit, scrolled down to broswer, clicked Tmo, and all is working now.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 02-08-09 at 01:04 AM.
    02-08-09 01:01 AM
    I'm not sure Brad, I was speaking generally to the thread. I'm pretty sure that for you it's a glitch in your operating software and will go away when you upgrade to a different OS - but I can't say this for certain. I'm thinking that if you have a good internet connection to the site, your device's media player only needs to stream the video. So I'm thinking that is where the problem is - with wap. Like you, I'm no expert with streaming media.

Last edited by exelant; 02-08-09 at 03:22 AM.
    02-08-09 03:11 AM
    The regular Youtube site works for me without a hesitation, but the quality seems very low. It's pretty much not worth watching at all (considering all the digital break-up and the very pixelated-looking motion in the videos).

Is this how videos appear for everyone else who can access YouTube on their 8900s?

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions to getting Youtube to run a little bit more smoothly (at least so that it is watchable)? What good is youtube on your phone if it doesn't come in well enough to enjoy it? All the videos on youtube are coming in very choppy on the Wifi as well as the EDGE networks.

I have a few other minor issues with the 8900, and I am presently trying to sort everything out before my 14 day return period is up on Wednesday. If I am ever going to feel like I need an exchange, I have 3 or 4 days left to do it. I love this phone and would only exchange it for another 8900 if I had to do it.

Incidentally, a close friend of mine just bought the storm with an extension. He is going to try and get another one for free and he will give it to me if I pay the cancelation fee and give him 20 bucks (crosses fingers, lol). Considering that it is tax season, I think I might end up with a Storm as my back-up Berry, If my friend can get the free one (sorry for going off topic there for a minute).

Speaking of the Storm,...I wonder if YouTube videos come in any better on the Storm or on the Bold than they do on my 8900? Perhaps its just my 8900 that is having this problem of displaying YouTube videos well enough so that they are acceptably viewable and clear enough to watch comfortably. If that is the case, I am definitely going to jump on exchanging it before Wednesday.
    Last edited by icaro2000; 02-08-09 at 04:43 AM.
    02-08-09 04:23 AM
    I'm not sure Brad, I was speaking generally to the thread. I'm pretty sure that for you it's a glitch in your operating software and will go away when you upgrade to a different OS - but I can't say this for certain. I'm thinking that if you have a good internet connection to the site, your device's media player only needs to stream the video. So I'm thinking that is where the problem is - with wap. Like you, I'm no expert with streaming media.

I have tried your suggestions and found my settings are identical, but I still get the blasted error. Most of us are having the problem with YouTube on the new .152 OS. I noticed in your profile you list .144

Have you upgraded to .152? If not, then maybe that's why you are still able to view youtube videos. I'm really curious to know what your current OS is...
    02-09-09 09:46 PM
    How do you get you tube on your BB 8900?
    Quite simply, you close your eyes and click your heels together three times while saying, "There's no place like cyberspace! There's no place like cyberspace, there's NO place like cyberspace!"
    02-09-09 09:49 PM
    Quite simply, you close your eyes and click your heels together three times while saying, "There's no place like cyberspace! There's no place like cyberspace, there's NO place like cyberspace!"
    Darn... I wish it was that easy. Since upgrading to the latest leaked .152 I lost all YouTube capabilities! Oh, well... maybe I should just be happy with all the other stuff it does so well, and bag the idea of YouTube for a while.

"There's no place like cyberspace... there's no place like cyberspace... there's no place like cyberspace." Ugh... still not working...
    02-09-09 09:52 PM
    Just use blueapple.mobi instead.
    02-09-09 10:48 PM
    works fine on mine
    02-10-09 06:34 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD