I was fumbling around with my phone yesterday trying to silence the ringer for a call I didn't want to answer and I've evidently turned something on that I have no idea what it is. During a call there is now a small rectangular symbol in the top right part of the screen, to the left of the volume icon. The rectangle has a series of + symbols that go from the top left corner (of the rectangle) and descend to the bottom right corner in a row. The are below the + symbols is blue and the area above the + symbols is black. Anybody have any ideas what this could be and how to turn it off, or if it evens needs to be turned off. Thanks in advance for the help!
    03-03-09 08:47 AM
    Take a screen shot and show us. Search for "Capture it" if you dont have screenshot software yet
    03-03-09 09:02 AM
    Take a screen shot and show us. Search for "Capture it" if you dont have screenshot software yet
    I don't have screenshot software, I'll try and take a pic of it today and post it
    03-03-09 09:11 AM
    Well, I don't know what it is but it has something to do with the L key. If you hit it once the + symbols reverse and hit it again and they disappear.
    03-03-09 09:32 AM
    03-03-09 12:08 PM
    I've noticed a lil weird icon on my 8900 also

It came outta no where and a battery pull or power off doesn't make this icon go away
    The icon is a lil gold ball /globe has the number 1 next to it anyone know how to get rid of it or what it is

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 05:02 PM
    That is a Browser Message. Go into your Messages > BB Button > View Folder > Browser Messages
    03-03-09 05:19 PM
    Here's a screenshot of what I mean
    03-03-09 05:22 PM
    Here's a screenshot of what I mean
    I believe that is a Browser Message. Go to SMS and MMS Inbox->Hit Menu->View Folder->Check Browser Messages or WAP Push Messages.. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by impalass96; 03-03-09 at 05:43 PM.
    03-03-09 05:39 PM
    Got it thnx for the help it was a push msg from my telenav app =)

03-03-09 05:51 PM
    I'm going to guess here but I'm thinking the weird icon that appears when you press L during a call activates the enhanced audio. The choices are treble boost, bass boost, or off. Thinking the icon represents a little equalizer.

03-03-09 06:07 PM
    Got it thnx for the help it was a push msg from my telenav app =)

Cool! Glad i was able to help.
    03-03-09 06:09 PM
    I'm going to guess here but I'm thinking the weird icon that appears when you press L during a call activates the enhanced audio. The choices are treble boost, bass boost, or off. Thinking the icon represents a little equalizer.

Yes, right on the money!
    03-03-09 06:10 PM
    cool i hope
    03-03-09 06:18 PM
    I had that weird globe icon someone was talking about. It took me awhile to figure out what it was. Turns out it was a message from TeleNav informing me that my trial was expiring.
    03-03-09 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD