My Gma is going to kill me tomorrow Newbie thinks he is a badass and he driuves a VW,= haha what a ***
    Are you drunk-posting, or is there some hidden OS meaning I'm missing here?

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 11:40 PM
    HI Fatboy 97,
    i am a newbie to this upgrading thing and would like to ask a few questions before trying the crakmem as i also could not load v5 as well. my first question is, would this affect my unlocked bb, i am currently using a t mobile sim but the phone was on 02 unocked to any nework i asked on another forum but was told i needed a bb data plan? also what would i need activation codes for and were could i find these. sorry for being such a newbie to all this but i relly dont know all the ins and outs of this and would much appriciate your assistance
    Thanks
    bbjp01
    Ok.... if that did not work... then force feed it!!!

1. Backup your device... including 3rd party apps... there is a link in my signature... you'll still need to know all the activation codes, but this will backup your 3rd party apps.
    2. Download and install the OS on your PC.
    3. Download and install CrackMem... it's in my signature.
    4. Start CrackMem, select the OS version, click Wipe... this will wipe your device clean and install the OS.

Then restore from your backup and install your apps.
    01-24-10 06:04 AM
    Hi Snow81,
    After reading your post i too am experiencing the same roblem did you manage to get v5 in the end?
    Thanks
    bbjp01
    01-24-10 06:08 AM
    HI Fatboy 97,
    i am a newbie to this upgrading thing and would like to ask a few questions before trying the crakmem as i also could not load v5 as well. my first question is, would this affect my unlocked bb, i am currently using a t mobile sim but the phone was on 02 unocked to any nework i asked on another forum but was told i needed a bb data plan? also what would i need activation codes for and were could i find these. sorry for being such a newbie to all this but i relly dont know all the ins and outs of this and would much appriciate your assistance
    Thanks
    bbjp01
    I'm using a previously T-Mo 8900 on at&t, that's no worry at all. First problem you need to overcome is downloaded, which shouldn't be a problem at all. What happens when you try? CrackMem isn't necessary, especially on your first upgrade. There's much to read and learn first. No sure what you mean by activation code, could you give a little more detail?

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-24-10 06:11 AM
    Edit! Load heck! I need to drink another espresso. Run a search on your PC for vendor.xml, and look for hidden files. Even if it's in the recycle bin, delete it. If that doesn't do the trick, you'll need to do a full wipe. Personally I prefer CrackUtil, I find it does a more complete job, and loader has never had an issue seeing my BB after. You'll find complete instructions here:

01-24-10 06:17 AM
    HI Fatboy 97,
    Thanks
    bbjp01
    Next time, pls do NOT PM me with the same questions you post here... I will normally check threads for questions on what I post... if anything, just send me a PM to ask me to check your question on a post... as posted by Wulf, unlocked devices will not be affected by wiping your device and loading a new OS... one of the issues that you asked in your PM was not having a Blackberry Data Plan... personally, I don't have that issue, but have seen people use CrackMem to load this OS on their device without a Blackberry Data Plan.
    01-24-10 11:10 AM
    Next time, pls do NOT PM me with the same questions you post here... I will normally check threads for questions on what I post... if anything, just send me a PM to ask me to check your question on a post... as posted by Wulf, unlocked devices will not be affected by wiping your device and loading a new OS... one of the issues that you asked in your PM was not having a Blackberry Data Plan... personally, I don't have that issue, but have seen people use CrackMem to load this OS on their device without a Blackberry Data Plan.
    Damn sad, yet so typical of you. Couldn't just PM him with that? Don't break a nail man, I already PM'd him, with very detailed help.

01-24-10 12:06 PM
    Damn sad, yet so typical of you. Couldn't just PM him with that? Don't break a nail man, I already PM'd him, with very detailed help.
    Don't get your shorts in a bundle... I pm'ed this person back as well... hopefully they can get it to work... and by the way, it's damn sad of you for having to criticize everything I do to try to help.... but I guess that is just your way of helping.
    01-24-10 12:23 PM
    Are you drunk-posting, or is there some hidden OS meaning I'm missing here?

i honestly had no recollection of posting that and i apologize haha. i had this thread open downloading the 5.0 file and reading directions on how to do it wheen we started drinking and i just left my netbook open and i guess i decided to make a post later in the night.

anyways i do have a real question. im going to try and upgrade tonight, once i do a backup and then start the upgrading process, once its done, do i do a restore of the backup? will i have to redownload my apps again?
    01-25-10 10:35 AM
    i honestly had no recollection of posting that and i apologize haha. i had this thread open downloading the 5.0 file and reading directions on how to do it wheen we started drinking and i just left my netbook open and i guess i decided to make a post later in the night.

anyways i do have a real question. im going to try and upgrade tonight, once i do a backup and then start the upgrading process, once its done, do i do a restore of the backup? will i have to redownload my apps again?
    That's far too bloody funny!

As long as you follow the dirrections, it should all go smoothly. Just be careful to check off all the right boxes. The only app you'll have to restore to it's present version will be BBM.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-25-10 10:44 AM
    Now works 100% thanks. It turns out that despite living close to central London (Balham) I still couldn't get EDGE reception on the O2 network. Email now setup (from another location) and all works nicely. Thanks me2you and everyone else involved in bringing this firmware to the masses
    01-25-10 01:35 PM
    thanks guys for all these faq. i managed to successfully upgrade my javelin! no problems thus far except that my viigo and palringo that i installed previously would get stuck when i launched them. other than that. nice sms layout and overall improved graphic user interface.
    01-25-10 08:17 PM
    Successfully installed 5.0 on my 8900 and my girl's tour tonight.

01-25-10 11:18 PM
    Did anyone notice this great "feature", if you don't call it a leak from OS 5??

My YM, MSN, BBM all works on wifi only. What it means is that I turned off my Mobile Network (so basically no calls, no data), and magically these three native RIM apps works on my home's internet..

How can this be???

But I am happy!

edited: Facebook, and even my BIS emails are coming in without data plan now! I'm not joking...

Really? Is this true? I'm with T-Mobile and don't have a data plan - this is great news if it's true!
    01-26-10 11:27 AM
    updated and installed fine no problems with it what so ever. loads more options and funtions on the handset now, very happy with the update. just what the 8900 needed well done RIM
    01-26-10 11:42 AM
    For some reason the convenient R for reply button does no longer work in the SMS/MMS folder. Is there anyway to fix it?
    01-26-10 04:03 PM
    Hold down these three keys til screen changes

alt
    aA (the one on the right)
    del

Maybe that will straighten it out?
    01-26-10 04:10 PM
    Hold down these three keys til screen changes

alt
    aA (the one on the right)
    del

Maybe that will straighten it out?
    It's not that. I think it just unbinded the key, "feature" because its wants to assign a speed dial to R when I hold it down......
    01-26-10 05:07 PM
    uploaded with no problems on rogers network... noticed the same 'r' for reply issue with the sms/mms. loving the menus

also noticed that the delete option for themes doesn't highlight in the themes menu.. any reason why??
    Last edited by oOThumbelinaOo; 01-26-10 at 09:49 PM.
    01-26-10 09:41 PM
    hmm...i seem to have an (inconsistent) problem where when i uninstall an app, the phone asks me to reset, i click yes, then it just shuts down and does not turn on. i needed to do a battery pull for the phone to fully restart. anyone else having this problem"
    01-27-10 05:11 AM
    Not sure, I do and recommend doing a battery pull instead after install or delete of an app.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-27-10 05:25 AM
    Is anyone having issues with slow recovery after the backlight fades? When I press a button, it takes up to 5 seconds at times to turn back on. It doesn't do it everytime and I haven't discovered a consistent pattern yet (i.e., programs running, profile, etc).
    01-27-10 10:46 AM
    Just to confirm it is working fine on my rents Curve 8900 - Rogers.. They don't have a data plan so third party apps\app world not installed.. Functions perfectly stock so far...
    01-27-10 02:19 PM
    Is anyone having issues with slow recovery after the backlight fades? When I press a button, it takes up to 5 seconds at times to turn back on. It doesn't do it everytime and I haven't discovered a consistent pattern yet (i.e., programs running, profile, etc).
    I was having the same problem until I let it do the reboot it keeps asking for. After that it was fine

01-27-10 04:28 PM
    I DLed the OS. Installed to computer. Deleted the vendor file. Plugged in phone and ran the LOADER.exe file. It just brings me to a box w/ all my current apps and asks which ones i want to keep/delete. I hit next and it says "no actions are required" and it exits. What am i doing wrong?

Im using windows 7 if that matters.
    Last edited by Retardo; 01-27-10 at 06:13 PM.
    01-27-10 06:05 PM
444 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD