hey all. i'm leaving the country and need to make sure i don't use any data. i've made sure to take away my auto sign in for google talk, windows live, etc but was worried about viigo. i know when i turn on the phone it updates the pages automatically. should i just remove the program or is there any easier way?

any other programs/apps i need to worry about using data without me actually using them? thanks
    07-26-09 01:54 AM
    "Manage Connections" --> "Mobile Network Options" --> "Data Services: Off"

Done

You'll still be able to receive calls and texts but everything else will work over wifi- BBM's emails etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 03:48 AM
    haha awesome, thanks
    07-26-09 11:23 AM
    This is incorrect as WiFi will not work if you turn data services off. I have not tried this personally so I can't say 100% for sure this is accurate but what some members said works is the following:

Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > Data Services = Off When Roaming

This configuration is supposed to still allow the WiFi connection to work, just not the Mobile Network Connection when you are roaming. If you set this setting and the WiFi does not work then the next thing you can do is disable the Mobile Network Connection completely (un-check the check box) but leave the WiFi connection enabled. When you then connect to a WiFi connection, you will be able to get your data and make calls via UMA.
    07-26-09 12:22 PM
    thank you. if i were to connect to a uma or even use wifi, wouldn't that be considered data? i'm worried about getting charged a bunch and am prepared to just make phone calls and send/receive text messages for the next 2 weeks
    07-26-09 12:26 PM
    Uma is thru wifi, no data, and it uses local minutes where ever you are, at least with tmobile. Viigo should have a setting to turn off auto update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD