I have a 8900 that was found with no battery. Found someone with a battery to test it to see if it worked, it did, and its been missing for many months according to the last entry, can these be setup if you have the same provider service as the phone.
    08-13-09 04:32 PM
    Contact the service provider and give them the IMEI, reporting the found as found. They will contact the original owner. Or, you could contact the original owner yourself.
    08-13-09 04:34 PM
    Why not do the right thing and contact the carrier the device is branded for?
    08-13-09 04:38 PM
    I have a 8900 that was found with no battery. Found someone with a battery to test it to see if it worked, it did, and its been missing for many months according to the last entry, can these be setup if you have the same provider service as the phone.
    why didn't you test it w| your battery ? u do have a 8900 right ? or did you keep the one that you found ?
    08-13-09 04:52 PM
    Contact the service provider and give them the IMEI, reporting the found as found. They will contact the original owner. Or, you could contact the original owner yourself.
    That would Definitely be the right thing to do. What if you lost your phone, wouldn't you want to get your data back. If someone returned a phone I lost there would certainly be a reward given.
    08-13-09 05:44 PM
    I found a phone on a golf course. Rather than start calling the contacts to see who knew the owner I called the carrier's number, told 'em I found whoever's phone and I was gonna leave it in the golf shop. They said that was fine, they'd handle it from there.
    08-13-09 05:46 PM
    That's why its a good idea to go to options>owner and enter your info, so if you lose your phone they will be able to contact you.
    08-13-09 05:54 PM
    Give it back. Please tell us you have some integrity. You stated its been lost for months which, makes it sound like you want to keep it. Please return it this could be anyone's phone even yours someday.
    08-13-09 05:56 PM
    and considering its been lost and most likely reported as so, the PIN is probably blocked on RIMs side. so the phone may work but RIM wont activate the dead PIN. you might as well turn it in, so the original owner can have it reactivated and possibly have it put back into circulation.

do the right thing.
    08-14-09 02:33 AM
    Very odd that you found it with no battery. Makes me wonder if someone chucked it intentionally as part of an insurance fraud scam. Turning it in is your best bet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 03:55 AM
    I agree with Blue & dictoresno; do the right thing. I left mine in a locker room back when I used an 8110 and someone found it and I had it back in my hands in 2 days. The feeling was great, knowing there are still a few good people left in the world.
    08-14-09 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD