I haven't read any of this in any posts here, but these items were posted on BGR from an insider with RIM. They were posted in the notes of this posting which we all probably saw.
    BlackBerry Curve 8900 accessories pop up on BlackBerry US site; handset to follow soon? : Boy Genius Report

This further supports bits and pieces of things that I have read here and throughout the net, however this seems to consolidate and further support those things with more elaboration and insight, IMHO.

Main take aways:
    1) Imminent release for AT&T and Rogers. Insider points to release before year end (we are running out of November so that leaves December). We have already heard this but this is another source.
    2) AT&T not put off by recent release of Bold - 8900 seen as evolutionary step that will not directly compete with/steal Bold sales. Basically saying this phone is not a big deal like the Bold and Storm. This plays well into the idea I have read previously that we could see some type of press release or announcement saying the phone is coming out and it could drop the next week.
    3) GSM Storm to drop end of Q1 or Q2. I am infering from that they mean a full 3G GSM version since otherwise the current version, unlocked, can be used on a GSM network.

Enjoy!

On Nov 22, 2008 @ 4:00 am, BB214 Said:

Lol! you guys are funny! Rogers customers start saving�if all goes well with shipment you�ll see this VERY VERY Soon! At&t users, your company is paying the big bucks to get this thing out �you�ll also see it by years end�tmobile �you�ll see it soon also..just not before January 1st

On Nov 22, 2008 @ 2:13 pm, BB214 Said:

Almost all of us here at corporate/factory have the Storm, Bold and Curve 8900 (Aka Javelin as we still call it here). Id say 80 percent of us use the Curve 8900 over the storm and bold. 1) the curve 8900 form factor is much more convenient than the bold and most of us here feel its a better looking phone than the bold. 2) the storm has the same form factor as the 8900 however it lacks the physical qwerty keyboard (its much easier to punch out emails on the curve 8900 than it is on the storm) + it has a better resolution due to pixel density (the screen is the sharpest looking display out on ANY phone). Also most of us here use the company wifi connection anyways, so 3g is used at a minimal for most of us. Its up to your personal preferences. They are all great phones. I wouldnt discount the curve 8900 before you see it. You�ll change your mind after you have a physical hands on with the device im sure.

On Nov 22, 2008 @ 7:58 pm, BB214 Said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you tmobile customers. There is no doubt that Tmobile is pushing the G1 for the holidays and I don�t think they want any other phone to crossover in sales. Corporate execs at Tmobile are the ones that chose the January release date for Tmobile. There is no 60 day exclusivity contract for either carrier from what I�ve heard. At&t is pushing this phone through in spite of the bold release being less than a month before since the curve 8900 is just considered an update as opposed to an actual competitor in Bold�s sales.
    On Nov 23, 2008 @ 6:52 pm, BB214 Said:

Tmobile will not be getting either the bold or the storm as of Now. Tmobile execs denied the Bold when it was offered to them , the earliest they could get the phone hypothetically would be in february due to ATT exclusivity deal, but they are still showing no interest in the bold. As for the storm, a GSM version is in the works, tmobile may be in the running for it but you wont see that till end of Q1 maybe Q2 at the earliest. As of now ATT is the only US company that will receive the storm on GSM however that could change
    11-25-08 11:46 PM
    Thanks for the info AttaQ, you've just made me even more feverish for the 8900 grateful for the update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 12:52 AM
    Do T-mobile execs seriously think people will buy the G1 just to have any old phone by Christmas? How much do the G1 and 8900 demographics even overlap? I always figured the people who went for a clunky brick were in a demographic of their own.

My contract with t-mob is up the last week in December and my Pearl's trackball is on the fritz. If AT&T has the 8900 and T-mobile doesn't have a specific (and near) release date, I may make the leap.
    11-26-08 12:58 AM
    Do T-mobile execs seriously think people will buy the G1 just to have any old phone by Christmas? How much do the G1 and 8900 demographics even overlap? I always figured the people who went for a clunky brick were in a demographic of their own.

lol....You could always just get it unlocked for T-Mobile right? Is UMA that big of a deal?
    11-26-08 01:26 AM
    I'm hoping that the 8900 comes out soon. I want to upgrade and the 8900 is the last station on the BB train before it hits iphone country. Tried the Bold, not the phone for me. Storm is off limits, I won't switch to vzw. So yeah.

11-26-08 01:41 AM
    This made my day. Thank you. I hope this was legit, hah.
    11-26-08 01:44 AM
    Ditto... I will work the rest of my night shift with a smile on my face! sweeeeeeeeeeet
    11-26-08 03:12 AM
    This is the phone I'm waiting for, man I hope it comes out before next year!
    11-26-08 07:47 AM
    lol....You could always just get it unlocked for T-Mobile right? Is UMA that big of a deal?
    I prefer to have UMA because the t-mob coverage in my basement is not great. However, as long as I can get decent coverage in the places I need it, I really don't care what network I am on...the network is just a commodity to me. I have been on AT&T, Verizon, and T-mobile. All have their pros and cons for coverage in the places I use my phone. So, I would probably just switch to AT&T rather than going through the whole purchase and unlocking song and dance.

On the other new berries...

I tried out the Storm last weekend. I was really impressed with the clickable screen. I thought I would hate it. Still, I didn't like it as much as having real buttons and not having wifi is a non-starter for me. Verizon's game of locking people out of wifi to purchase their overpriced data plans is not one I want to play.

I actually seriously considered the Flip. When I bought my Pearl 8100 2 years ago I really wanted a Flip version. Since I have had my Pearl, I have been converted over to the candybar style. I don't like how thick the Flip is when closed and I found the recessed track ball awkward. Still I think it's a fine phone and a good entry point for those coming from the Razr or other flips.

I loved everything about the Bold except for its form factor. This is why I think the 8900 will be the winner for me. As long as I have wifi, 3G isn't so important. The speed of the Bold was amazing...I realize that the 8900 doesn't have quite the same processor power but I look forward to the upgrade.

If the 8900 comes in and still seems too big to be easily pocketable I may just end up getting a pearl with wifi. My 8100 has served me well....although it would be nice to get a better processor.
    11-26-08 09:26 AM
    young, im really hoping the 8900 comes out for AT&T bc this device is beeeee-oooooo-teeeee-ful! all the convenient size of the current curve + the design aesthetic of the bold...i can't wait [hopefully it's before the yr's out]
    11-26-08 03:09 PM

My contract with t-mob is up the last week in December and my Pearl's trackball is on the fritz. If AT&T has the 8900 and T-mobile doesn't have a specific (and near) release date, I may make the leap.
    well i mean

considering that just about everyone with a sidekick

that i know of atleast or that is on campus at my school

has put it down for a G1

lol

i'd think they were playing that specific card right

but then again

they're neglecting other demographs

which isnt smart
    11-26-08 04:30 PM
    when will Rogers begin shipping? There is so much confusion surrounding this whole release.
    11-29-08 09:20 AM
    An update -

Rogers will be shipping by the end of the year.

TMo will be shipping in January.

And not to disappoint, but AT&T will be shipping in April/May.

I'm going to stay hopeful for an earlier AT&T release! More recently the news has pointed to an AT&T release first followed by Tmobile. Plus... I'm one of the many hoping for a release ASAP in the US and just dont want to hear such bad news
    11-29-08 10:04 AM
    They should be shipping to Rogers by the end of next week.
    Sounds good, I'll call CS every few days trying to get my hardware upgrade
    11-29-08 10:13 AM
    An update -

Rogers will be shipping by the end of the year.

TMo will be shipping in January.

And not to disappoint, but AT&T will be shipping in April/May.
    Source? Your info conflicts with most of the reliable sources
    11-29-08 10:35 AM
    April/May?!? Whew! I'm gonna keep hoping the other sources are right about a much earlier release.

11-29-08 11:17 AM
    Hi everyone, this is the first time i chat in the forum, i was browsing the internet and I found this website but it still doesnt have a release date. The website is mobilecityonline.com under coming soon phones
    11-29-08 12:37 PM
    april/may and AT&T would lose customers...

lol
    11-29-08 01:03 PM
    Big plans for April May huh stop n go? . *cough* storm *cough*

11-29-08 01:29 PM
    Big plans for April May huh stop n go? . *cough* storm *cough*

if its the storm i wouldnt hold out

not my kind of device
    11-29-08 05:20 PM
    I haven't read any of this in any posts here, but these items were posted on BGR from an insider with RIM. They were posted in the notes of this posting which we all probably saw.
    BlackBerry Curve 8900 accessories pop up on BlackBerry US site; handset to follow soon? : Boy Genius Report

This further supports bits and pieces of things that I have read here and throughout the net, however this seems to consolidate and further support those things with more elaboration and insight, IMHO.

Main take aways:
    1) Imminent release for AT&T and Rogers. Insider points to release before year end (we are running out of November so that leaves December). We have already heard this but this is another source.
    2) AT&T not put off by recent release of Bold - 8900 seen as evolutionary step that will not directly compete with/steal Bold sales. Basically saying this phone is not a big deal like the Bold and Storm. This plays well into the idea I have read previously that we could see some type of press release or announcement saying the phone is coming out and it could drop the next week.
    3) GSM Storm to drop end of Q1 or Q2. I am infering from that they mean a full 3G GSM version since otherwise the current version, unlocked, can be used on a GSM network.

Enjoy!

On Nov 22, 2008 @ 4:00 am, BB214 Said:

Lol! you guys are funny! Rogers customers start saving�if all goes well with shipment you�ll see this VERY VERY Soon! At&t users, your company is paying the big bucks to get this thing out �you�ll also see it by years end�tmobile �you�ll see it soon also..just not before January 1st

On Nov 22, 2008 @ 2:13 pm, BB214 Said:

Almost all of us here at corporate/factory have the Storm, Bold and Curve 8900 (Aka Javelin as we still call it here). Id say 80 percent of us use the Curve 8900 over the storm and bold. 1) the curve 8900 form factor is much more convenient than the bold and most of us here feel its a better looking phone than the bold. 2) the storm has the same form factor as the 8900 however it lacks the physical qwerty keyboard (its much easier to punch out emails on the curve 8900 than it is on the storm) + it has a better resolution due to pixel density (the screen is the sharpest looking display out on ANY phone). Also most of us here use the company wifi connection anyways, so 3g is used at a minimal for most of us. Its up to your personal preferences. They are all great phones. I wouldnt discount the curve 8900 before you see it. You�ll change your mind after you have a physical hands on with the device im sure.

On Nov 22, 2008 @ 7:58 pm, BB214 Said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you tmobile customers. There is no doubt that Tmobile is pushing the G1 for the holidays and I don�t think they want any other phone to crossover in sales. Corporate execs at Tmobile are the ones that chose the January release date for Tmobile. There is no 60 day exclusivity contract for either carrier from what I�ve heard. At&t is pushing this phone through in spite of the bold release being less than a month before since the curve 8900 is just considered an update as opposed to an actual competitor in Bold�s sales.
    On Nov 23, 2008 @ 6:52 pm, BB214 Said:

Tmobile will not be getting either the bold or the storm as of Now. Tmobile execs denied the Bold when it was offered to them , the earliest they could get the phone hypothetically would be in february due to ATT exclusivity deal, but they are still showing no interest in the bold. As for the storm, a GSM version is in the works, tmobile may be in the running for it but you wont see that till end of Q1 maybe Q2 at the earliest. As of now ATT is the only US company that will receive the storm on GSM however that could change
    Nice work! Great find, thanks.
    11-30-08 04:03 AM
    young, im really hoping the 8900 comes out for AT&T bc this device is beeeee-oooooo-teeeee-ful! all the convenient size of the current curve + the design aesthetic of the bold...i can't wait [hopefully it's before the yr's out]
    I could not agree with you more
    11-30-08 04:15 AM
    its coming to AT&T

and if they follow rogers

then it could be soft launched

but im not sure

alot of credible websites have said it wont touch down stateside till Q1 09

regardless

an 8900 with U.S branding would be a good thing to see
    11-30-08 05:07 PM
    its coming to AT&T

alot of credible websites have said it wont touch down stateside till Q1 09
    Links please?
    11-30-08 05:30 PM
    This is a unit that has alot of people excited.. Be interesting to see the price point and marketing for this unit.
    11-30-08 06:24 PM
163 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD