Hmmm, i'm trying to figure out whats the difference, my guess is that if you got a password on your bb, the lock button will lock the phone while standby just stands by...someone give me a hint?
    04-02-09 03:37 PM
    lock jsut locks the keys from mistakenly being pressed, standby puts the phone to sleep to conserve battery
    04-02-09 03:44 PM
    Standby actually stops power to the keyboard and drops the processor way down... it will still wake up when a phone call comes in, and blink at you when you get an email... it's the best for conserving the battery.

Lock does not require a password, but will lock the keyboard so you get no bu** dialing.
    04-02-09 03:59 PM
    lol @ bu** dialing, i use to **** call my buddy who was the first name in my list all the time with my old sony erriccson, i thought only i used the term **** dialing
    04-02-09 04:17 PM
    lol @ bu** dialing, i use to **** call my buddy who was the first name in my list all the time with my old sony erriccson, i thought only i used the term **** dialing
    That's why I love that new T-Mobile commercial... makes me laugh every time.
    04-02-09 04:25 PM
    Ah, thanks for answering this question!

Now, I can finally use these 2 keys

-Luis
    04-02-09 04:50 PM
    lol. I was going to say something similar. This question has been asked and answered in many threads already. After being on crackberry for several months, its a pain to have to reread similar posts.
    04-02-09 05:07 PM
    lol. I was going to say something similar. This question has been asked and answered in many threads already. After being on crackberry for several months, its a pain to have to reread similar posts.
    And those links were just from page one of the results!
    04-02-09 05:10 PM
    i found something interesting between these two modes when there is a phone call from someone.

In Lock mode, the caller ID does not work. my phone only shows the number of caller, but no names associated with my Contacts. does this happen to any of you guys too?
    04-05-09 03:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD