What are some of the main differences between the curve 8900 and the bold(900)?
    11-28-08 10:11 AM
    Screen size. And the wifi I think too.

8900 = new curve

9000 = new / really fat 8830

They're practically the same as before but with OS 4.6 and the javelin is supposed to have some badas* trackball that won't get dirty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 10:17 AM
    Screen size. And the wifi I think too.

8900 = new curve

9000 = new / really fat 8830

They're practically the same as before but with OS 4.6 and the javelin is supposed to have some badas* trackball that won't get dirty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    to add to that

Curve 8900 has:

-better camera ( 3.2 megapixels )

and pretty much everything else the bold has except for 3G

the speakers,

Curve 8900 has a better screen

256k memory space ( i think )

theres alot

both phones are good though, and you couldnt go wrong with either one
    11-28-08 10:26 AM
    The most significant differences to the recently released and related Blackberry Bold is the Javelin is smaller and has a better camera, but lacks the faster 3G support of the Bold. Other less significant differences compared to the Bold are smaller but higher resolution Javelin screen, different USB port (mini vs. micro), Javelin's smaller keyboard, Javelin's improved "Atomic" trackball, Javelin's less impressive speaker performance, Javelin's more internal memory, Javelin's slightly slower processor, and a lower price for the Javelin.
    11-28-08 10:26 AM
    I can't wait for the Javelin to comeout, I think it'll be one sweet phone, Idk if I should get the Bold now or wait for the Curve 8900 to comeout and get it unlocked.
    11-28-08 01:30 PM
    The most significant differences to the recently released and related Blackberry Bold is the Javelin is smaller and has a better camera, but lacks the faster 3G support of the Bold. Other less significant differences compared to the Bold are smaller but higher resolution Javelin screen, different USB port (mini vs. micro), Javelin's smaller keyboard, Javelin's improved "Atomic" trackball, Javelin's less impressive speaker performance, Javelin's more internal memory, Javelin's slightly slower processor, and a lower price for the Javelin.
    perfect answer
    11-28-08 02:06 PM
    I can't wait for the Javelin to comeout, I think it'll be one sweet phone, Idk if I should get the Bold now or wait for the Curve 8900 to comeout and get it unlocked.
    I personally would wait for the Javelin. Why?

T-Mobile versus AT&T
    Can actually use the UMA features on the Javelin w/ TMO
    It'll be here before we know it LOL

In my area (Atlanta) 3G is so overrated. I got Wi-Fi around 85-90% of my day-to-day life. Work, home, shopping, socializing...who cares about 3G with Wi-Fi speeds?
    11-28-08 02:48 PM
    Why are we turning this into a T-Mobile VS AT&T thing? Some people don't use UMA and "It'll be here before we know it LOL." means Q1 2009 for T-Mobile. Plus, the Bold is a really great phone in my opinion. Like philanthropy said "you can't go wrong with either one"
    11-28-08 09:53 PM
    no carrier h8!

E.L.E

everybody love everybody!

any signs of it in the states

is a good sign

11-28-08 10:39 PM
    I personally would wait for the Javelin. Why?

T-Mobile versus AT&T
    Can actually use the UMA features on the Javelin w/ TMO
    It'll be here before we know it LOL

In my area (Atlanta) 3G is so overrated. I got Wi-Fi around 85-90% of my day-to-day life. Work, home, shopping, socializing...who cares about 3G with Wi-Fi speeds?
    I really don't care about using 3G in the US, but you don't have an option in Japan or South Korea.
    11-29-08 08:41 AM
    I really don't care about using 3G in the US, but you don't have an option in Japan or South Korea.
    in that case im going to get my Curve 8900 with no contract so i can wait for the 3G version

to use my upgrade on that
    11-29-08 08:44 AM
    We hashed out a lot of the differences between the two in the following link, it may help you out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/89...parison-96613/
    11-29-08 01:27 PM
    Bold: WiFi, GPS, VGA Screen (480x320?) 3G

Curve II: WiFi, VGA Screen (see the link above dont remember the size) and only EDGE. Slightly slower than the Bold to my understanding.

I have a bold, love ATT vs TMO and am not gonna get a 8900. Bold FTW
    11-30-08 08:15 AM
    Bold: WiFi, GPS, VGA Screen (480x320?) 3G

Curve II: WiFi, VGA Screen (see the link above dont remember the size) and only EDGE. Slightly slower than the Bold to my understanding.

I have a bold, love ATT vs TMO and am not gonna get a 8900. Bold FTW
    the 8900 is coming to AT&T also

unless u just dont want it lol
    11-30-08 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD