Hi all,

My silicon skin came in today (for the BlackBerry...get your minds out of the gutter!), so here are some pics of it after "installation".

It looks a lot better than any of the other cases I've seen, IMO. Really makes it look sleek and classy...and who would have thought that the silver bezel would look that good when only a tiny sliver of it is visible?!?!

I had more pics, but the flash on my 10MP camera made the skin look all gray and dry, so I left them out. The second pic is truer to life, as it is a black skin.
    Last edited by howejustin; 01-28-09 at 07:25 PM.
    01-28-09 07:11 PM
    I asked this in another thread but it wasn't answered... so i'll ask again =]

how annoying is the silicone case in putting the phone in and out of your pocket? i keep mine in my front pocket all the time and I dunno how easily it'll actually come out of the pocket when that rubber material will probably snag on jeans or slacks.
    01-28-09 07:31 PM
    wow, very nice.

which skin is that?

how annoying is the silicone case in putting the phone in and out of your pocket? i keep mine in my front pocket all the time and I dunno how easily it'll actually come out of the pocket when that rubber material will probably snag on jeans or slacks.
    grease it up
    01-28-09 07:31 PM

Actually, this skin isn't rubbery. It looks like it is, but since it's silicon, it's quite smooth. No snagging would happen unless you're wearing really tight rockstar jeans...

But it really does fit nicely and I don't think it would get caught up. I put mine in my back pocket and it's fine.
    01-28-09 07:33 PM
    Wow, that actually looks pretty sleek.
    Personally, I still like to keep my gadgets "naked."

btw it's silicone.
    Hi all,

My silicon skin came in today (for the BlackBerry...get your minds out of the gutter!), so here are some pics of it after "installation".

It looks a lot better than any of the other cases I've seen, IMO. Really makes it look sleek and classy...and who would have thought that the silver bezel would look that good when only a tiny sliver of it is visible?!?!

I had more pics, but the flash on my 10MP camera made the skin look all gray and dry, so I left them out. The second pic is truer to life, as it is a black skin.

Surprisingly nice, nice picture too.
    wow, very nice.

which skin is that?
    It's the BlackBerry one, purchased right here on Crackberry:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=muW0qFmq
    01-28-09 07:34 PM
    Any screen protector?
    01-28-09 07:36 PM
    Actually, this skin isn't rubbery. It looks like it is, but since it's silicon, it's quite smooth. No snagging would happen unless you're wearing really tight rockstar jeans...

But it really does fit nicely and I don't think it would get caught up. I put mine in my back pocket and it's fine.
    LoL, i'll hold out on wearing those then
    01-28-09 07:37 PM
    Any screen protector?
    It's in the mail, shipped today from ZAGG InvisibleShield.
    01-28-09 07:37 PM

very nice, I think ill pick one up.

and maybe get a screen protector a little less expensive than the zagg one.

Thanks,

-Cory
    01-28-09 07:47 PM
    very nice, I think ill pick one up.

and maybe get a screen protector a little less expensive than the zagg one.

Thanks,

-Cory
    I was going to do the same, but then I thought...I could save $10 and get a cheaper one, but that cheaper one just might possibly be not as resilient as ZAGG's protector...so by saving $10 I'm risking a $500 phone (or the screen, at least). Hence my decision.

FYI: I ordered one for my wife to on her Samsung Behold and it installed very easily in 5 minutes. Let it set overnight, can't even tell it's on without trying to find the edges.
    01-28-09 07:53 PM
    I was going to do the same, but then I thought...I could save $10 and get a cheaper one, but that cheaper one just might possibly be not as resilient as ZAGG's protector...so by saving $10 I'm risking a $500 phone (or the screen, at least). Hence my decision.

FYI: I ordered one for my wife to on her Samsung Behold and it installed very easily in 5 minutes. Let it set overnight, can't even tell it's on without trying to find the edges.
    grr...i just calculated the cost for the RIM silicone case.
    $41.00+customs charges. I think i might just order one from evilbay for $6 and free shipping.

I saw that invisible shield video with the iphones...unbelievable. did you get the total protectant or just the screen?
    01-28-09 08:06 PM
    I am getting the 8900 case with next day shipping..and i was wondering if you had to sign for it.
    01-28-09 08:09 PM

this is the one I ordered. It's being delivered tomorrow.
    01-28-09 08:09 PM
    I am getting the 8900 case with next day shipping..and i was wondering if you had to sign for it.
    No signature required.
    01-28-09 08:26 PM
    Wow, that actually looks great. I usually think these skins are pretty fugly, but this is quite attractive. I was planning on using the entire Invisible Shield cover and a carrying case by Golla, but I might have to add this now too.
    01-28-09 08:36 PM
    it looks niiice.
    01-28-09 08:37 PM
    Nice the skin looks good. I had one for my 8310 and I just purchased one for my new 8900.
    01-28-09 08:39 PM
    i got mine on ebay and i love it
    01-28-09 08:43 PM
    i got mine on ebay and i love it
    nice, I just did the same. oem for $6.99...cant beat that.

now its time for a screen protector.
    01-28-09 09:13 PM
    I cant wait for mine.. im scared i will drop my 8900 before my skin gets here!
    01-28-09 09:18 PM
    Are the charging prongs on the back exposed? Wondering if this will fit in the charging pod without removing the cover.

Thanks!
    01-28-09 09:37 PM
    Are the charging prongs on the back exposed? Wondering if this will fit in the charging pod without removing the cover.

Thanks!
    No, as with any case you will have to take it out.
    01-28-09 09:41 PM
    hey howe..does ur keyboard "float"?
    01-28-09 09:42 PM
168 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD