I was thinking, what if they make notes in our accts each time we call? haha
    01-23-09 04:50 PM
    I got my phone yesterday, fell in love with it instantly. Then a few hours later it rebooted. Then again, and again...then again. Since i powered this phone up initially it has probably rebooted itself 20+ times. I attempted removing all third party apps, it still happened. I removed my sd card, formatted it and reinserted it...still happened. I wiped the device completely and re-installed the operating system, still happend. I went out and got a new sim card...still happened. So i have to ship it back now...needless to say i am very disappointed.
    Sorry Shor. I think that's the first we've heard of any solid defects.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 04:50 PM

No someone earlier posted that their trackball wouldn't scroll down, so they had to return their's as well
    01-23-09 04:54 PM

And of course its me...heres my question though. Is it possible, that with all of the above steps i took that it could have to do with my sd card or sim card still? I dunno, i just got this feeling that when i get the new phone its going to start happeneing again. Has this happened to other people before, with other phones? I guess what im trying to ask is, even though there have been no reports about this on the 8900...is this a common defect when it comes to people getting faulty phones in general?
    01-23-09 04:55 PM
    Got mine, setting it up the last hour, no reboots yet(*knock knock*), this 8900 is great! Great screen, great keyboard, and this processor full on hauls *** compared to my old 8320!
    01-23-09 04:59 PM
    I believe there is a thread on 8900s rebooting.

Last edited by HofstraJet; 01-23-09 at 05:36 PM.
    01-23-09 05:02 PM
    Hey shor, I'd try troubleshooting with CX via PM. He's been dealing with these 8900s much longer than anyone.

01-23-09 05:04 PM
    Hey shor, I'd try troubleshooting with CX via PM. He's been dealing with these 8900s much longer than anyone.

Oh i did, i bbmed him first. His initial suggestion was to ship it back, i just wanted to make sure it wasnt any of my hardware (sim, microsd). And yes, the thread about this was by me. I just didnt want to bump it, and also wanted to let the people in this thread know of my horrible issues!!! Disappointed and sad. But i should have my bb by next wed at the latest. Wish me luck...

*Update*- My Phone just rebooted without my sim card, or microsd card in. So that rules out any possiblility that i did something i believe.
    01-23-09 05:07 PM
    Indeed.

01-23-09 05:11 PM

Oh i did, i bbmed him first. His initial suggestion was to ship it back, i just wanted to make sure it wasnt any of my hardware (sim, microsd). And yes, the thread about this was by me. I just didnt want to bump it, and also wanted to let the people in this thread know of my horrible issues!!! Disappointed and sad. But i should have my bb by next wed at the latest. Wish me luck...

*Update*- My Phone just rebooted without my sim card, or microsd card in. So that rules out any possiblility that i did something i believe.
    In my experience what CX says pretty much trumps everything. If he says to send it back, make it so.
    01-23-09 05:17 PM
    In my experience what CX says pretty much trumps everything. If he says to send it back, make it so.
    Oh yeah, i already have. They are shipping a new one out to me. Just gotta pack this one up and send it back. The devil in me wants to fart on it just out of spite.
    01-23-09 05:18 PM
    Two's a charm in this case!! I do not have a business account. I called earlier this morning and the CS Rep. was really nice, but when we got to the point where he was about to place the order, he came back on the phone and told me he couldn't do it because it couldn't be sold until Feb. 11th...I tried to coax him, but it didn't work.

Undeterred, I waited approx. 1 1/2 hours and called again and ordered the phone without a problem. The CS Rep. just billed the whole balance to my account and I didn't pay anything upfront. I just "upgraded" from a hacked iPhone to an 8320 Sunset Curve on November 1st, so I opted to just pay full price sans contract extension, especially since I could only get about $70 or $80 off anyway.

I opted for 3-day express shipping and my order status shows the following on my "MyT-mobile" website: "Your upgrade order is in process. You currently have an order in process. Please check back later or call Customer Care at 1 (877) 453 1304 for questions."

So looks like everything is going O.K.!!

To those who have tried to order one, but got turned down, keep trying--persistence usually works!

This is my 4th Blackberry and I'm so excited!!!
    01-23-09 05:20 PM
    I haven't gotten a confirmation of my order yet which sux cause I'm checking ups for at least nothing and no record
    01-23-09 05:26 PM
    I was thinking, what if they make notes in our accts each time we call? haha
    Lol! I thought about that too!

01-23-09 05:29 PM
    will ship monday since they don't ship on weekends but at least they confirmed it was processed
    01-23-09 05:30 PM

And of course its me...heres my question though. Is it possible, that with all of the above steps i took that it could have to do with my sd card or sim card still? I dunno, i just got this feeling that when i get the new phone its going to start happeneing again. Has this happened to other people before, with other phones? I guess what im trying to ask is, even though there have been no reports about this on the 8900...is this a common defect when it comes to people getting faulty phones in general?
    ACTUALLY, it COULD be your memory card. The same thing kept happening to my brothers curve 8320 he went through 2 of them until he discovered it was the sd card. So he got a new one. Hasn't had a problem since

01-23-09 05:32 PM
    ACTUALLY, it COULD be your memory card. The same thing kept happening to my brothers curve 8320 he went through 2 of them until he discovered it was the sd card. So he got a new one. Hasn't had a problem since

I don't believe it is his memory card. The phone was restarting both with the memory card in and with it out. It even restarted with the SIM card out of the phone.
    01-23-09 05:35 PM
    Shor, when u get the new one, DON'T put the sim or sd in again and see what happens. If its fine, then just put in the sim and see what happens. If that works fine then it probably was the sd OR it just could have been a bad phone. Time will tell

01-23-09 05:37 PM
    I don't believe it is his memory card. The phone was restarting both with the memory card in and with it out. It even restarted with the SIM card out of the phone.
    Exactly, about an hour ago i took both the sim card and memory card out. Did another battery pull, and after about 20 minutes it rebooted. Its really bad now, last night when i went to sleep i was just seeing my room light up every 10 or 20 minutes while it was rebooting. I feel like i have done everything to try to isolate something i may have done to the phone. But im still up for all suggestions if you guys think of anything.
    01-23-09 05:37 PM
    True but since it had already been doing it, it could have corrupted something in the phones os

01-23-09 05:38 PM
    Exactly, about an hour ago i took both the sim card and memory card out. Did another battery pull, and after about 20 minutes it rebooted. Its really bad now, last night when i went to sleep i was just seeing my room light up every 10 or 20 minutes while it was rebooting. I feel like i have done everything to try to isolate something i may have done to the phone. But im still up for all suggestions if you guys think of anything.
    I think you have tried everything you can do. At this point is pretty obvious, at least to me, that there is something wrong with the hardware on the phone. Sometimes that's just how it goes with electronics, not really much you can do about it. It is just "luck of the draw" if you will. I'm sure the replacement phone you receive will be just fine and you will be relieved.
    01-23-09 05:40 PM
    True but since it had already been doing it, it could have corrupted something in the phones os

No, that's not the case because he completely wiped the phone and then reinstalled a freshly downloaded OS.
    01-23-09 05:41 PM
    I think you have tried everything you can do. At this point is pretty obvious, at least to me, that there is something wrong with the hardware on the phone. Sometimes that's just how it goes with electronics, not really much you can do about it. It is just "luck of the draw" if you will. I'm sure the replacement phone you receive will be just fine and you will be relieved.
    Aristile, thanks for replying to my posts (in both threads)..i appreciate it. I think im 100% sure its not my sim card, i just got a new one today. But now King has me worried it could be my 8gb sd card. But you would think that me removing it would take it out of the picture...unless like he said, it has already corrupted something after i put it in.
    01-23-09 05:42 PM
    No, that's not the case because he completely wiped the phone and then reinstalled a freshly downloaded OS.
    Oh ok, I didnt read that part. But that did happen to my bro over the sd, just fyi
    01-23-09 05:47 PM
    Aristile, thanks for replying to my posts (in both threads)..i appreciate it. I think im 100% sure its not my sim card, i just got a new one today. But now King has me worried it could be my 8gb sd card. But you would think that me removing it would take it out of the picture...unless like he said, it has already corrupted something after i put it in.
    Its no problem at all. I know if I were in your shoes I would be very disappointed to say the least. Perhaps someday I will be in your position and will be the one looking for assistance. "I think im 100% sure" - I love that by the way. I don't think its your card because you removed it and also upgraded the OS and then still experienced the same issue. I'm sure its hardware and you will be good when you get the replacement.
    01-23-09 05:47 PM
1,179 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD