I installed 5.0.0.411 and did the necessary battery pulls, hooked back onto my BES and did even more battery pulls, received 1 text message and everything seemed fine... at least I thought so...

A bit later I got a second text [SMS] message but the content did not make sense as it seemed only relevant to another person in my contacts!

Now, a few hours and many test text messages and battery pulls later, I can absolutely confirm that OS 5.0.0.411 confuses SMS senders. I had one sms in my SMS/MMS inbox and all SMS that came in after that appeared to be from the same person although they weren't!! In other words, I get the OS 5.x threaded SMS but showing ALL incoming messages as being from the same person (the first one that sent me SMS after I installed the OS)...

The only work-around I've found so far is to delete messages when you receive and read them so you know who the following ones are really from- which is a bit ridiculous...
    12-09-09 11:48 AM
    I didn't installed it yet but nobody reports that.. Maybe the restore after the installation messed up your contacts ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 12:20 PM
    Look in the beta OS forum. Others are reporting this as well.
    12-09-09 12:42 PM
    **** if others are comfirming it...I don't want to text someone say something and it end up being the wrong person

12-09-09 01:02 PM
    i had same issue with 4.6 i think itsa phone issue.

i had messages that were sent to a wrong person

and yesterday i got a message from a guy on craigslist but it showed an old message from my girlfriend instead.

i restarted the phone and it showed the correct message
    and my gf was like wtf are you talking about why you asking me a random question.
    12-09-09 01:44 PM
    So far so good for me. I did upgrade to the latest .411 few hours back. No problems at all with sms-es. Maybe you should try re-install the OS. Wipe out the current one with BBSAK 1.7 and do the whole thing process all over again. It won't take long. Hopefully this time it'll work. Good luck!

12-09-09 05:13 PM
    same issue here. love the speed of .411 but i cant afford the "wrong" person text. I noticed that it also messed up the "email displayed as" field in Outlook of certain contacts. I don't see a pattern, so I dont know if I'll stay on .411. Looks like a wipe soon, if no fix!?
    12-09-09 07:26 PM
    I have been using .411 since yesterday and have already sent hundreds of texts to multiple people and I have not had this problem.

12-09-09 07:33 PM
    I have 1 sms inbox and when i try to send a new sms to someone else, it gives the option to select the name/number however, it directs me to the same window as the eariler msg. first i got confused if i was doing something wrong. Tried to send a test msg to a friend, but it went to the wrong/same person in the inbox.
    Would re-installing the OS work ? Will try it out later today i guess.
    12-10-09 12:47 AM
    Several 9000 users who are experiencing this problem have been able to solve it by overwriting net_rim_bb_sms_compose.cod with the .314 version of the same file. I personally haven't tested it because I haven't experienced the issue, but I gave the file to several people who were able to solve their issue. Use BBSAK to remove the file from your device and put this one in its place. Keep the device software on your PC intact so you have a backup of the .411 version of the file. I don't have the file for other models, but I bet someone does. Good luck!
    12-10-09 03:36 AM
    I had even amore bizzare experience, upgraded to 411, after restore of SMS database all the sms got combined into a since thread. Ofcourse I too have the same issue, when sending the sms it goes to the wrong address!
    12-10-09 05:23 AM
    I had even amore bizzare experience, upgraded to 411, after restore of SMS database all the sms got combined into a since thread. Ofcourse I too have the same issue, when sending the sms it goes to the wrong address!
    That's exactly the bug people are describing. See if the .314 net_rim_bb_sms_compose.cod file above helps you.
    12-10-09 05:37 AM
    Several 9000 users who are experiencing this problem have been able to solve it by overwriting net_rim_bb_sms_compose.cod with the .314 version of the same file. I personally haven't tested it because I haven't experienced the issue, but I gave the file to several people who were able to solve their issue. Use BBSAK to remove the file from your device and put this one in its place. Keep the device software on your PC intact so you have a backup of the .411 version of the file. I don't have the file for other models, but I bet someone does. Good luck!
    Ok I did that, now when I get a new message; the thread name changes to the latest message's sender. It's still all in 1 thread
    12-11-09 01:35 AM
    Guys i have tried each n every leaked version of 5.0 but havnt experienced this problem at all ...... currently im at .411 working extremely smooth in every aspect
    12-11-09 02:41 AM
    This happens to some people running the bold 9700 with leak .415 as well.
    Last edited by billybobjones; 12-11-09 at 06:05 AM.
    12-11-09 03:27 AM
    after i did what you wrote here, everything is working perfectly thanks dude !!
    12-11-09 07:58 AM
    I tried that a few times today and it still don't work...
    I don't want to wipe my blackberry, my companies administrator whil kill me if do that again.
    12-11-09 11:17 AM
    OMG thank you so much now it works perfect used the .cod form .314 and bam bam works perfect now.
    12-11-09 06:10 PM
    Thanks DigitalB0Y, i tried your procedure and it was a success. No more sms bug on my 8800 curve OS .144.
    12-12-09 08:34 AM
    I downloaded the .cod file, but how does one update that file, without doing a whole new OS install? I have tools such as crackutils and blackberry master control.

Thanks
    12-12-09 02:30 PM
    use BBSAK..
    RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][8/18/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.5

use that to read the device. uninstall the cod. then install the one you want
    12-12-09 03:15 PM
    i cannot get bbsak to even load i downloaded it and nada wtf
    12-13-09 12:52 AM
    i cannot get bbsak to even load i downloaded it and nada wtf
    What OS does your computer have?
    12-13-09 01:01 AM
    Vista

12-13-09 01:35 AM
    Well, i tried it but still i have this sms bug. what i did was i opened bbsak like u said and then deleted the old version of the file and loaded what u had provided in attachment. after that, i went to the loader backup and then tried to restore all the sms from the past, but still all the messages are bundled up as on today's date with only one sender. did i miss nything???
    12-13-09 02:18 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD