- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
UAE Etisalat BB email does not work in UK
I hope someone can help. Our company have a range of blackberries, registered to Etisalat in the UAE and all need to be set to 'manual' to select networks so that our email downloads and uploads when we visit the UK.
Not just once, but ongoing as you travel around the country. Phone calls and text works fine, our IT dept tell us the Blackberry server is operating fine so any email problems are not on their end.
We have checked with our Account Manager at Etisalat in the UAE and he tells us our international roaming is set-up correctly.
Has anyone else had the same problem? Is there an alternative to have to keep manually selecting networks to get email when in the UK, which is not really acceptable or adequate for our business users?
Many thanks, R.
- 12-24-2012, 04:40 AM #2
This sounds like a problem in the roaming agreements between cellular networks, with the UK network selected by "auto" not supporting roaming data for Etisalat phones. Selecting a different network manually is the most likely workaround. I have found the same problem with my UK-based phone when roaming overseas, and I agree it is annoying.<a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
- By kscho in forum Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 16Last Post: 04-08-2012, 03:23 PM
- By walkyourdreams in forum BlackBerry Bold 9780Replies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2011, 07:34 PM
- By LawlorNL in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-14-2010, 11:14 PM
- By tornado2009 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 11Last Post: 01-26-2009, 04:15 PM
- By whissper7 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 09-10-2007, 11:07 AM