04-08-17 12:56 PM
- From: BlackBerry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Friday, 7 October 2016 11:41 PM
Reply To: BlackBerry
Subject: BBM Enterprise is coming soon!
As a BBM Protected administrator, users in your organization already benefit from the enhanced security and encryption of BBM messages between Android, iPhone, and BlackBerry devices. Now, BlackBerry is excited to announce the next step in secure messaging and collaboration: BBM Enterprise.
-- BBM Protected is becoming BBM Enterprise --
BBM Protected users in your organization will soon be able to download the new BBM Enterprise app on Android or iOS devices (BlackBerry 10 users will continue using BBM Protected). BBM Enterprise offers all the same security and encryption as BBM Protected. BBM Enterprise users can also keep all their existing BBM contacts, whether theyre coworkers in your organization, or friends and family that are using BBM. And as an administrator, you will maintain all the same controls and management for BBM Enterprise users.
Once BBM Enterprise is available for download, users in your organization must download and switch to BBM Enterprise. Users in your organization that use BlackBerry 10 devices will continue to use BBM Protected at this time. But new enhancements for BBM on BlackBerry 10 are coming soon!
For questions or further support, please visit BlackBerry Enterprise App Support - United States to access self-service tools and resources that will help you make the most of your BBM Enterprise experience.
If your organization has subscribed to BlackBerry Technical Support Services (BTSS) please contact your IT department and have one of your named callers contact BlackBerry Technical Support.
If you are a named caller currently subscribed to BTSS, please continue to use your existing Technical Support Code (TCode) and myAccount login credentials. You will have support at the BTSS level - either Advantage or Premium - to which your company subscribes. Thanks,
The BBM Enterprise Team
-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.10-07-16 08:16 AM
- I'm curious if this means that the new BBM Enterprise app completely replaces the standard BBM app on iOS and android? What does this mean for contacts who do not have BBM protected, but chat with protected contacts via PLUS, will they be required to download Enterprise also?10-07-16 07:03 PM
I sure hope they come up with a new way of making protected chats stickier. I've had to exchange passphrases way too many times even though I'm talking to the same contacts.10-07-16 07:31 PM
- I wonder what the difference will be. At first I thought they just renamed the app, but it sounds like you need to download a new app altogether. I wonder whether it replaces BBM completely then. Surely they must have more reasons to do this, maybe for future enterprise features that they want to keep separated from BBM?
And also... new features for BBM on BlackBerry 10!? Fingers crossed for BBM Video between BlackBerry 10 and BBM for Android and iOS...
Posted via CB1010-11-16 01:32 AM
- This has to do with the licensing deal with Emtek. If you look at the bottom of the press release, Emtek will focus on the consumer BBM while BlackBerry continues with BBM Protected, so I'm guessing they're separating the app for Protected users. while regular consumers stay on the Emtek built releases.10-11-16 08:36 AM
- This has to do with the licensing deal with Emtek. If you look at the bottom of the press release, Emtek will focus on the consumer BBM while BlackBerry continues with BBM Protected, so I'm guessing they're separating the app for Protected users. while regular consumers stay on the Emtek built releases.
I think this quote from the press release indeed seems to indicate that:As Emtek advances the platform for the consumer market, BlackBerry will continue to advance the platform for enterprise with BBM Protected...10-12-16 01:36 AM
- 10-12-16 02:09 PM
- Looks like it's up
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...terprise&hl=en10-12-16 03:07 PM
- Looks like it's up
posted via the last true BlackBerry10-12-16 03:26 PM
I wonder what would happen if you download the BBM Enterprise app, while you don't have a BBM Protected subscription yet. Would you be able to get a subscription through the BBM Enterprise app? That would be really awesome!10-12-16 03:30 PM
- No BBM Channels? From a certain perspective that makes sense. Maybe it is an option within BBM Enterprise or within the administrator's console? And is the UI really different? Any other changes you have noticed?
I wonder what would happen if you download the BBM Enterprise app, while you don't have a BBM Protected subscription yet. Would you be able to get a subscription through the BBM Enterprise app? That would be really awesome!
posted via the last true BlackBerry10-12-16 03:34 PM
- Just installed it - Aside from having to reshare all my manual passphrases again I dont see any difference because I had already blocked BBM store and channles via the IDP console on the standard BBM app. As far as I can tell, this app just removes the option entirely....10-12-16 07:03 PM
- On manual passphrase: indeed since passphrase exchange is manual meaning needs to be explicitly triggered by the user (because the user oped in for manual exchange), one needs to re-share passphrase from BBM Enterprise app. I know it is not convenient, but this is a manual exchange choice a user makes.
Auto-passphrase exchange is always available to make this easier.
Given that this application has no Ads, Channels, Store and other consumer-oriented features, it means that the associated IT controls to disable Channels, Shop are now obsolete for users who run BBM Enterprise application.10-14-16 09:09 AM
Posted via CB1010-14-16 09:30 AM
- Thanks for the clarification. I know you probably cannot answer it, but I find the decision to remove Channels and Store from the BBM Enterprise app altogether quite rigorous. Probably quite a few (future) BBM Enterprise users will also stay in touch with their non-enterprise BBM contacts. Maybe for those conversations, stickers are a fun addition. Why not just keep those IT controls for the BBM Enterprise app?
Posted via CB10
posted via the last true BlackBerry10-14-16 09:35 AM
Posted via CB1010-14-16 10:34 AM
- 10-14-16 10:49 AM
- I don't mind the neccesity of the second app, however I just want to be able to buy the subscription, we had already filled the contact form which replaced the enterprise store twice, and for over a week no answer.
For some time while we use our old subscription, it is OK, but in three months this will be the turning point whether to look for some other IM compatible with BB10.
Posted via CB1010-21-16 09:53 AM
- Denis Fedotenko or anyone else who has made the switch, are all chat histories and photos within BBM Protected conversations lost when changing from iOS BBM to iOS BBM Enterprise?
-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.10-27-16 07:34 AM
- By Villard Defender in forum Android AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 10-11-16, 06:10 AM
- By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-07-16, 10:23 AM
- By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-07-16, 06:35 AM
- By Gani Hamdani in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-05-16, 10:28 PM
- By machangezi in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-03-16, 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD