Detman101 here!
    Representing Deliverance Tabernacle COGIC.
    The best church in Maryland!

I am a member of the Deliverance Tabernacle church band and I just auditioned for another music ministry that travels throughout the tri-state area. (Not NY tri-state area....the Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and PA area hehe)

God is so good, he is leading me to higher heights and deeper depths with my guitar playing.

Dm
    07-15-08 08:06 AM
    I am so happy this was posted! Christian here as well, of the evangelical variety. God is moving everywhere!
    07-15-08 09:50 AM
    Detman101, love the love you are showing for your church! May God continue to enhance your skillz with the strings! God bless your audition results! I can feel your enthusiasm!
    07-15-08 09:51 AM
    Detman101 here!

I am a member of the Deliverance Tabernacle church band and I just auditioned for another music ministry that travels throughout the tri-state area. (Not NY tri-state area....the Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and PA area hehe)

God is so good, he is leading me to higher heights and deeper depths with my guitar playing.

Dm

Very awesome - God is so awesome
    May God continue to bless your musical talents
    I love the music ministries
    07-15-08 09:58 AM
    Hey yall! I'm new to the church scene(again)... I'm a catholic christian... If that makes sense... just comming back to god trying to be filled with good spirit, and also trying to avoid the enemy! So hope to visit this thread often to learn and share

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 10:02 AM
    I will bless the Lord at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth. (Psalm 34:1).

I encourage you to read the entire psalm as it has blessed me today. I started to feel a little down this morning just from the thorns of life, but I turned to the Word of God and found refreshment for my soul. David says, in verse 8 of this psalm: "O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him."

As we face life's struggles, we must continue to trust our one and only Savior!
    07-15-08 10:15 AM
    Detman101 here!

Dm
    I play the guitar as well. Played rhythm for about 6 years for a college ministry in my area. I'm currently no active but would love to play again. I sold my acoustic to a friend of mine who moved out of state. I wanted one with a better feel to it. I also donated my amp to the youth ministry when my job changed and I was no longer able to play for the college group. That too is currently in need of being replaced. I long to get back into playing. Not long after I was born again I got revelation that music is what God called me to. I have written a number of songs.

My 1st song was written on a camp out with the college group. It was a weekend of fellowship and enjoying our relationship with the Lord. One night at the camp fire we were singing praises. It was calm and we were still in the presence of the Lord and the song came to me. I meditated on it and found the only thing at hand to write it on, a paper plate. It is a love song to God spoken out of the well of my heart because of how he had changed me.

I am still amazed today the difference from who I was to who I am. Only God was able to show me the truth. I didn't want to listen to people tell me I was a sinner and that Dungeons and Dragons and the other stuff I was into was spiritually killing me. I thought there was no harm in those things and they were just a game. It wasn't until after I was born again that I realized what state I was really in as a result of them. It is truly a miracle that God saved me from all of that stuff.

I was adamant about never going to church again. My experience of church as a youth led me to believe that it was just the right thing to do on sunday and that those in the church were no different than those not in the church. I was raised with what was right and wrong and was generally a good kid. I didn't get into trouble at school like some other kids did and got good grades. I didn't commit crimes etc. And I got the idea because I was a good person I was going to heaven. This carried with me to my teens. So I thought even in all the stuff I was into I thought I was going to heaven and didn't need to go to church and all that stuff.

Its interesting how I was even invited to the service where I was born again. My friends and I were sitting around our makeshift table out of two bedroom doors playing Dungeons and Dragons. One of my friends was chatting on AOL with a girl. Who happened to live down the street from us. She had asked if she could come over and watch us play D&D. So we were like sure why not. I dont remember how many days she had come over but we talked quite a bit over that time. Unlike others she didn't force upon me that I was a sinner etc. We just talked about things we liked and about when we were kids.

At some point from me talking about when I was a kid I mentioned having been in youth groups and didn't care for it much and had no interest in ever going to church. She mentioned this college group that met at a local church she said I would really like the people there and that I should come check it out. Since we had become good friends and I thought well if she thinks I will really like them then perhaps I'll go and meet more people that might be into the stuff I'm into and we can have even more for our group of role players (name for people who play games like D&D).

But God had other things in mind for me and spoke into my life through the pastor. It wasn't even like church as I knew it from my youth. Yes he was quoting scriptures but it was more down to earth and whatnot. It was not what I would call preaching. It was more like lessons of life as it pertained to my generation. At the end of service I talked with the pastor and he told me about salvation and we prayed and at that point is when I was born again. God had radically changed during that prayer. My eyes were opened I realized the price Jesus paid on the cross for me. Where as I thought I was going to heaven before at this point I knew I was going to heaven. Its hard to put into words but I'm sure you all know what I'm trying to say. I no longer desired to continue the stuff I was into and desired to follow Jesus. Not long after than I was baptized.

It has been almost 10 years since the day I was born again and I remember it like it was yesterday. There have been ups and downs over these years but I am glad that God got a hold of me and has carried me through. I'm not sure why I went into sharing all of this but i am sure God has a reason for it. God be with ya'll and guide ya'll in everything you do.
    talberry likes this.
    07-15-08 01:39 PM
    07-15-08 08:01 PM
    Hey ya'll! I, too, am a Christian (of the
    Southern Baptist variety). Thanks for starting this thread, this is awesome!

07-15-08 09:59 PM
    I am also a Christian. I admit to being concerned that it took a while for this thread to get going-why were technologically advanced people (Crackberry addicts) not interested in God? I am glad that I was wrong.

Our pastor spoke about worship on Sunday. These are my thoughts about his sermon. Take them or leave them as you see fit.

What keeps us from coming together is a distance not physical but of choice. We divide ourselves by labels (Catholic or Baptist or Lutheran or whatever) and "godspeak" (the language that so many Christians use that alienates seekers and non-believers). If we could work together in God's will we could accomplish the things that we are needed to accomplish rather than remaining divided and ineffectual.

Going to church shouldn't be a chore. We should come to church to worship. Worship helps us experience the reality of the presence of God. If Bush or McCain or Clinton or Obama showed up, we would react to their presence. Whose presence are we in when we worship, and why don't we act "as if"? When we worship God we begin to see who He really is.

Worship elevates us above the "realm" of our problems. Some of us are blinded by our problems. We can't see or talk about anything else. We are no earthly good to anyone.

Worship energizes us to better receive the promises and gifts that God has for us. We stay focused and don't worry about what others think.

If we don't put anything into it, we can't expect anything out of it. I am a teacher and a musician. If I teach or play because of what I think and feel, I am not nearly as affective as when I teach and play as worship. Church and belief tends to be a Sunday thing, and we live out our weeks as if God has nothing to do with it. Maybe this is the part of "us Christians" that turns so many away from Christianity.

Thank you for starting this thread. I will go back to lurking...
    07-16-08 06:44 AM
    This is the first thread I've read all the way through. I am a new blackberry owner, but not a new Christian. Thank you for sharing with us. I can personally testify that God is really real, and he is active.
    07-16-08 08:16 AM
    "Church and belief tends to be a Sunday thing, and we live out our weeks as if God has nothing to do with it. Maybe this is the part of "us Christians" that turns so many away from Christianity."

Jazzfan I totally agree with what you said above.
    I know so many Sunday Christians and it is very sad.
    I do believe that the fact that their are also so many hypocrites out there too turns people off.

Hope everyone has a Blessed day
    07-16-08 08:26 AM
    I agree with the words of your pastor and your summation about Sunday Christians. I heard a minister say going to church on Sunday and not worshipping the rest of the week is like eating a gourmet meal one day and expecting it to substain you for the next six days! God's word is food and nourishment for our daily walk.

I have a lot of growing to do! I believe talking about Christ in forums such as this one keeps us in tune with God--it keeps Him on our minds as Paul encourages in Philippians 4:8-9: "...whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if they there be any praise, think on these things. Those things which yehave both learned and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you."

I read a few weeks ago that Christianity isn't a feeling; it's a willing!
    What do you think?
    07-16-08 10:53 AM
    Praise the Lord All,

I want to share a message with you from my friend The New Testament on myspace.

"God say...He's the one you've been searching for...stop looking for truth and light in DEAD THINGS...Reach out for ME. Let Me stop the rain."

07-16-08 11:14 AM
    I just posted several new Christian Music ringtones for those that are interested. If there are any in particular you would like me to make, pm me.

God Bless!
    07-17-08 08:51 AM
    Denise,
    Where did you post them? I didn't see them in the ringtone forum here, can you link us to them? Thank you!
    07-17-08 09:04 AM
    I just posted several new Christian Music ringtones for those that are interested. If there are any in particular you would like me to make, pm me.

God Bless!
    Thank you very much. Those are very good ringtones. I will enjoy them.

Denise,
    Where did you post them? I didn't see them in the ringtone forum here, can you link us to them? Thank you!
    You can find them in Ringtones>Genre>Religious.
    07-17-08 09:22 AM
    Denise,
    Ringtone by genre - Contemporary Christian | CrackBerry.com

Ringtone by genre - Religious | CrackBerry.com
    07-17-08 09:23 AM
    Thank you very much. Those are very good ringtones. I will enjoy them.
    Great! I'm glad you liked them!
    07-17-08 09:24 AM
    Found them, thank you so much!
    07-17-08 09:42 AM
    Can't believe I have missed this thread for over a month-eyez4bb you been holding out on me, lol. But I have been a christian since the age of 8, plenty of ups and downs but am now currently co youth leader and head of the drama team at my church. Feel free to pin me if you want to chat.
    07-17-08 09:45 AM
    I hope everyone had a blessed Sunday.
    07-20-08 08:58 PM
    I did. I miss quite a few Sundays being sick but I finally got back to church today. I have to say it felt great. Keep me and my family in your prayers.

07-20-08 09:01 PM
    Hi all! Awesome thread! I'm a believer in Jesus Christ too. I'm a male artist in Cali. Please feel free to add me too. (245CD1B0) Take care and may God bless you all!
    07-23-08 09:32 PM
    Was wondering how many Christian BB users are on here. Other than my local friends I don't encounter very many at least that I am aware of and enjoy talking about things that non Christians typically shy away from. Even every day talk sometimes scratches the surface of my beliefs as a Christian and I find often times if I incorporate those beliefs into the topic that some people get offended and sometimes turns conversation sour. Generally I am careful what I talk about when I don't know people beliefs. But when I know I'm in company of people who share the same or similar beliefs I do that I can discuss just about anything.
    I thank God,that he Is who he Is.

07-25-08 06:51 AM
3,184 ... 34567 ...