1 Thessalonians 5:14

�And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.�

We read of Jesus in the Gospels, taking a group of sinners and turning them into great apostles. But, this didn�t happen overnight and many times, he had to teach them the same things over and over. If I am truly giving advice for the right reason, then patience should be a fruit that is growing in my actions. It isn�t about doing what I think is best, but helping others grow in their walk with Jesus, even if I think it is taking forever.
    10-29-12 10:24 PM
    1 Thessalonians 2:13

�And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe.�

Whenever we hear or read the Scriptures, it is the Word of God speaking to us in our lives today, here to teach us all things.
    10-30-12 07:20 PM
    Isaiah 30:18

�Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!�

God is slow to exercise his justice when that justice demands his people's punishment. "Gracious and slow to anger" is a phrase repeatedly used to describe God in the Old Testament. God longs to be gracious and bless his people. He extends time for us to repent and turn to him. In Jesus, God even gives us his own Son as the atoning sacrifice for our sins. Let's hear the heart of God, and respond by turning our lives and our hearts to the God who longs for us.
    10-31-12 06:44 PM
    Psalm 25:4-5

�Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.�

Life can be so confusing. There are so many choices for us as we decide the values that will govern our lives. So how are we going to find the best way, God's way, to live? We will ask God to show us! Our hope is in him. Our salvation is in him. So why not ask him to guide us and teach us his truth? If our hearts are open to his truth and we are seeking his path, he will make his will known.
    DanielLui1 likes this.
    11-01-12 07:35 PM
    2844301D no pervs
    11-01-12 10:25 PM
    Habakkuk 3:18

"yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my saviour."

In spite of heartache; in spite of ill health or pain; in spite of financial problems; in spite of injustice or any trial that comes our way, we can rejoice that our names are written in the Book of Life. We are free to enjoy our relationship with God no matter what is happening to us now. We know that in His time, we will be in His presence with no heartache, pain, poverty, or injustice. Let's rejoice in Him now for all He has done.
    11-02-12 10:44 PM
    1 Peter 3:15

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."

We are to be ready and able to tell folks about the hope that Jesus has brought to our lives. But when we share this hope, two things are important: our credibility -- is Jesus really Lord of our hearts -- and our character -- do we show gentleness and respect in our persuasion approach. The goal is not to win arguments but to win hearts for our God.
    11-03-12 07:55 PM
    Psalm 37:28

"For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever."

God is committed to his people. He loves justice, and those who pursue it. He will not forget his people, those who seek to honor him by displaying his character in their lives. God has promised that he will honor his promises to his people and preserve them with his protecting power, forever. As God has promised elsewhere, "Never will I leave you, never will forsake you."
    11-04-12 10:45 PM
    Self control also includes our thoughts and feelings.

1 Peter 5:8

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

As Christians we are to always be watchful and on the alert to the deception that surrounds us with well hidden traps. The deceiver is the evil one and seeks to get us off the true path in these ways: Subtly, through our senses and thoughts; masquerading as the truth with logical spiritual and religious philosophies; and, forcefully, through tribulations and trials that discourage us and cause us to question our Lord. Watch out for these traps, they are everywhere.
    11-05-12 07:47 PM
    add me to the group.......2813bac8
    11-07-12 06:28 AM
    Inspiring!
    I play the guitar as well. Played rhythm for about 6 years for a college ministry in my area. I'm currently no active but would love to play again. I sold my acoustic to a friend of mine who moved out of state. I wanted one with a better feel to it. I also donated my amp to the youth ministry when my job changed and I was no longer able to play for the college group. That too is currently in need of being replaced. I long to get back into playing. Not long after I was born again I got revelation that music is what God called me to. I have written a number of songs.

My 1st song was written on a camp out with the college group. It was a weekend of fellowship and enjoying our relationship with the Lord. One night at the camp fire we were singing praises. It was calm and we were still in the presence of the Lord and the song came to me. I meditated on it and found the only thing at hand to write it on, a paper plate. It is a love song to God spoken out of the well of my heart because of how he had changed me.

I am still amazed today the difference from who I was to who I am. Only God was able to show me the truth. I didn't want to listen to people tell me I was a sinner and that Dungeons and Dragons and the other stuff I was into was spiritually killing me. I thought there was no harm in those things and they were just a game. It wasn't until after I was born again that I realized what state I was really in as a result of them. It is truly a miracle that God saved me from all of that stuff.

I was adamant about never going to church again. My experience of church as a youth led me to believe that it was just the right thing to do on sunday and that those in the church were no different than those not in the church. I was raised with what was right and wrong and was generally a good kid. I didn't get into trouble at school like some other kids did and got good grades. I didn't commit crimes etc. And I got the idea because I was a good person I was going to heaven. This carried with me to my teens. So I thought even in all the stuff I was into I thought I was going to heaven and didn't need to go to church and all that stuff.

Its interesting how I was even invited to the service where I was born again. My friends and I were sitting around our makeshift table out of two bedroom doors playing Dungeons and Dragons. One of my friends was chatting on AOL with a girl. Who happened to live down the street from us. She had asked if she could come over and watch us play D&D. So we were like sure why not. I dont remember how many days she had come over but we talked quite a bit over that time. Unlike others she didn't force upon me that I was a sinner etc. We just talked about things we liked and about when we were kids.

At some point from me talking about when I was a kid I mentioned having been in youth groups and didn't care for it much and had no interest in ever going to church. She mentioned this college group that met at a local church she said I would really like the people there and that I should come check it out. Since we had become good friends and I thought well if she thinks I will really like them then perhaps I'll go and meet more people that might be into the stuff I'm into and we can have even more for our group of role players (name for people who play games like D&D).

But God had other things in mind for me and spoke into my life through the pastor. It wasn't even like church as I knew it from my youth. Yes he was quoting scriptures but it was more down to earth and whatnot. It was not what I would call preaching. It was more like lessons of life as it pertained to my generation. At the end of service I talked with the pastor and he told me about salvation and we prayed and at that point is when I was born again. God had radically changed during that prayer. My eyes were opened I realized the price Jesus paid on the cross for me. Where as I thought I was going to heaven before at this point I knew I was going to heaven. Its hard to put into words but I'm sure you all know what I'm trying to say. I no longer desired to continue the stuff I was into and desired to follow Jesus. Not long after than I was baptized.

It has been almost 10 years since the day I was born again and I remember it like it was yesterday. There have been ups and downs over these years but I am glad that God got a hold of me and has carried me through. I'm not sure why I went into sharing all of this but i am sure God has a reason for it. God be with ya'll and guide ya'll in everything you do.
    11-07-12 07:19 AM
    31/m/ Italian living in Abu Dhabi married. Just for clean normal chat. 218DD056
    11-08-12 12:29 AM
    1 John 2:11

"But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness. They do not know where they are going, because the darkness has blinded them."

When we follow Jesus, often we will need to stop something we are doing that is wrong. As we depend on His guidance, we will learn to go in the way He says is right.
    11-08-12 10:34 PM
    1 Thessalonians 5:11

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."

When life gets difficult, staying close to our Christian friends will help us to get through our problems.
    11-10-12 07:31 PM
    Psalm 37:23,24

"If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand."

The Lord always responds to those who are trying to walk in ways that are pleasing to Him. He will guard our steps and send us reminders that we stay on the correct path.
    11-14-12 04:52 PM
    Jude 1:22-23

"Be merciful to those who doubt; save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear�hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh."

Some people are skeptical and indecisive. As Christians, we are to approach them with kindness and understanding when sharing the Gospel. There are others who don't want to listen to the message about Jesus Christ. We are to use all Godly means to reach out to them, and take the risk of being ignored or treated unkindly by some, if we want to save them from the fire.
    11-15-12 08:27 PM
    Matthew 6:11

“Give us this day our daily bread.”

Jesus, in what we often call the Lord’s Prayer, taught us to approach our heavenly Father each day; it’s not something to be said once and forgotten. Through it we offer God praise; seek His kingdom and His will; trust His provision; and ask for His forgiveness, power, and deliverance.
    11-16-12 03:01 PM
    Ecclesiastes 3:4

“A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,”

Most of us would agree that life has its ups and downs. Even Christians will at times, have problems and illnesses that make us suffer. The Bible portrays the believer’s life as consisting of seasons of ups and downs. In what season are you? Whether a time of joy or sadness, each season should motivate us to seek the Lord and trust Him.
    11-19-12 12:45 AM
    2844301D add please follow @mandyvera I always follow back greatly appreciated.
    11-19-12 12:47 AM
    2 Peter 1:3

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness."

Our spiritual life in Christ is 100 percent powered by God. We cannot claim any credit. Because He has given us this power, we are responsible to be diligent and respectful of it by staying in ongoing communion with Him. Without this ongoing communion with our Lord, we are as useless as an unplugged lamp.
    11-20-12 10:45 PM
    Deuteronomy 11:19

�Teach them [God's commandments] to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.�

Moses gives us three crucial messages about God's commandments. First, as parents, it is our responsibility to teach them to our children -- not the responsibility of the government, or of the schools, nor even our churches. Second, we are to teach them in the everyday course of life as we go. about our routines as a family. Third, we are to teach them continuously by both our words and our lives as we raise our children.
    11-21-12 09:43 PM
    1 Thessalonians 5:18

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

We thank You Lord for the greatest gift of love, salvation through Jesus Christ. We thank You for being the God who never changes, who has all power and all glory. We thank You Father for allowing us to have all the things we need and many of the things we just want. We thank You for loved ones and the joy of fellowship. We thank You for protection from evil spirits. We thank You for always being by our side.
    11-23-12 01:23 AM
    add me 27abe3c1

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    11-23-12 02:56 AM
    I am software Engineer
    I just wanna make friends
    25yrs old, I am single
    ADD me 258ABAC3
    Please no dirty chat,noo sex chat
    11-23-12 04:24 PM
    Philippians 3:13-14

�But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.�

We live most effectively for Jesus when we keep our eyes focused on Him.
    DanielLui1 likes this.
    11-24-12 12:42 AM
3,184 ... 9899100101102 ...