Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default True Dallas Cowboys Fans

There may be a thread on this already.. If there is, someone post the link. If your a Boys fan, chime in. Let's here your thoughts on everything from T..O being released to Wade Philips to our illustrious owner, the man, the myth, the legend,,,,,Jerry Jones!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    PIN
    Out of the PIN Business

T.O.= Scapegoat
    Wade Phillips=Great Coordinator, Average HC
    Jerry Jones=Top 3 Best Owner in Pro Sports. Still love the guy despite the errors he's made.

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

As much as I tried to like T.O. , he really was a distraction... I can't stand Wade as a head coach.... Gonna be an interesting year... Wonder what we will get in the draft.... Hmmmmm

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

And yes, you gotta love Jerry, despite some of the bonehead things he's done .... AKA: pacman...

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    PIN
    Out of the PIN Business

Quote Originally Posted by xTheTinManx View Post
    And yes, you gotta love Jerry, despite some of the bonehead things he's done .... AKA: pacman...

don't mind any of pac-man/tank johnson moves. Both were low risk, minimal investment. We got our draft pick back for Pacman. T.O. may have been a lil bit of a distraction. BSPN sure doesn't help as half of their NFL programming is focused around T.O. I think the bigger isssue is the soft head coach and the soft, gutless, heartless, players in the locker room. These guys need to "sell out" for each other this year and quit pointing the finger. I wish they'd all just shut up and play. This off-season has been surreal. I live here in Dallas so of course I hear everything. Almost everyday after the season it was always something. At one point I was like, "dude?" are you kidding me?" Well one thing is for sure about this season, no excuses, not for Tony Romo, Wade Phillips, The Red-Headed Genius Jason Garrett. It's time for each man on the 53 to be held to a higher standard. No excuses. I think we as fans take the losses harder than the players seem to sometimes. That's a problem. The good, I loved the way our young guys played late year. Im more excited about them.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I agree with most of that.... No excuses this year Romo, time to step up and start playing like a Franchise QB ! I sure hope we put it together this year... .Me and the wife will be there the first home game against the giants ! Sunday night primetime baby!!! All the way from Cali !!! Cannot wat for the season to get here...

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Now that Chung is gone, wonder who were eyeing now as our first pick

CrackBerry User

PIN
    3251aaf8

My problem is that I hear that jerry jones wants Vick amd OMG!! Have to say if that happens I'm not sure what ill do as a huge cowboys fan he is a terrible person and their is no way that I'd want him on my team
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by ink1832 View Post
    My problem is that I hear that jerry jones wants Vick amd OMG!! Have to say if that happens I'm not sure what ill do as a huge cowboys fan he is a terrible person and their is no way that I'd want him on my team
    With Jerry, you never know

Global Posts
    30,972 Global Posts
    PIN
    In Semi-retirement

They were showing serious signs of life when Parcells had thrown out the cell phones in the locker room and grabbed 'em by the short hairs and made them play football.

Oh course, then T.O. had his Napa Valley Days (Whinefest) and Wade inherited the team in good form on the way up, then had to be the easygoing good guy. Oops!
    Got something warm, brown, and sticky all over the place.

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    They were showing serious signs of life when Parcells had thrown out the cell phones in the locker room and grabbed 'em by the short hairs and made them play football.

Oh course, then T.O. had his Napa Valley Days (Whinefest) and Wade inherited the team in good form on the way up, then had to be the easygoing good guy. Oops!
    Got something warm, brown, and sticky all over the place.

Wades a puppet.... I wish we had a coach with fire and intensity....I miss the Tuna.. Oh well, it is what it is..

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    k sunglasses and a white sport coat

Tuna left because Jerry insists on be a coach. Every decent coach has quit or been fired because they won't listen to what Jones tells them to do and how to run the team.
    As far as Vick is concerned, the cowgirls. Have become what the Raiders were a few years ago-the team of last resort where all the problem children go when they are washed up or are such a discipline problem that nobody else wants them.
    Yes, I live in Arlington in the shadow of the new stadium and will never see the inside of it except when/if the Vikings come to town.
    GO PURPLE!!!!!!

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

I grew up watching the boys.. They will always be my team, regardless.. Ill be inside that awesome new stadium the second regular season game, sun night against the Giants!!! All the way from Calif !! I can't wait.. Need a good sushi place though, if you know of one near there..

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Pirahna sushi. Just north about 5 miles from the stadium

CrackBerry Abuser

You have to love the cowboys.Yes T.O. Was a problem but he is one of best recivers ever. And the boys are one of the best teams ever in the NFL with a lot of hall of famers.

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by yarbleck65 View Post
    Pirahna sushi. Just north about 5 miles from the stadium

Any all you can eat sushi places around there ??
    Despise the enemy strategically, but take him seriously tactically.
    Mao Tse-Tung
    CrackBerry Newbie

I was NEVER a TO fan. I don't care how good he WAS, he dropped more passes than he caught in '07. If he would have just shut up and played like Keyshawn finally figured out so many years ago, he would be OK.
    I like Wade Phillips, just don't think he has enough authority or respect from the players. He can't inflict fear into their hearts the way Tuna could, or still can for that matter.
    Jerry Jones, what can ya say? He has deep pockets, but needs to sit back and let his coach do the job he hired him for.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask me.....

I live in Jersey, ten mins from where the Eagles play. I work in Philly. The military brought me up here but I was born and raised in Texas. Love my Dallas Cowboys and I always stand beside them through thick and thin. Mr Jones likes the drama and the glamour and you juust gotta look past all that crap and realize that Dallas is Americas team. Even though I am hated on by all the Eagles fans up here, there are a ton of Cowboys fans running around here. Go Dallas!!!!

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

The cowboys are NOT!!!!!! America's team, they are dallas's(well...arlintons at least) team. I am an American and they are not my team and the fans of all the other teams probably feel the same way

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen5150 View Post
    I was NEVER a TO fan. I don't care how good he WAS, he dropped more passes than he caught in '07. If he would have just shut up and played like Keyshawn finally figured out so many years ago, he would be OK.
    I like Wade Phillips, just don't think he has enough authority or respect from the players. He can't inflict fear into their hearts the way Tuna could, or still can for that matter.
    Jerry Jones, what can ya say? He has deep pockets, but needs to sit back and let his coach do the job he hired him for.
    I agree with most of this.. but I just dont think Wade is cutout to be running the show.. Although we all know Jerry runs the show secretly..
    Mao Tse-Tung
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask me.....

Quote Originally Posted by yarbleck65 View Post
    The cowboys are NOT!!!!!! America's team, they are dallas's(well...arlintons at least) team. I am an American and they are not my team and the fans of all the other teams probably feel the same way

ha ha ok guy. do some research, the Dallas Cowboys have more fans than any other team in the NFL, thats a fact. your obviously not from Texas.
    CrackBerry Newbie

What the Cowboys need is a head strong coach to deflate all those oversized heads at Valley Ranch. The name Gruden comes to mind. Phillips is a nice guy but he has no control in the locker room and Jerry is the ulltimate inabler. I've loved the Cowboys sinse I was a kid and I miss the glory days when that team acted like a team. Handle things in house! Quit the cryin and leave everything on the field!

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Jack, where did you come up with that statistic??? I was born and raised in TX and have never been a cowboys fan and I know more people that DON'T like them than do. The whole "America's team" thing was simply a marketing strategy to try and increase their fan base and I know it turned a lot of people off of the cowboys. That, and jerry. The Steelers, the bears, and the packers in their day were better than the cowboys could ever hope to be.

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Lets all hope for a speedy recovery for those injured in the collapse of the training facility the other day...
    Mao Tse-Tung
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask Me

Cowboy fan living in az , and yes I'm a true cowboy fan, I was born in the Dallas area

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast