Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By skyrocket9
  • 1 Post By rustmonkey
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Okay, seriously, where are all the chicks? [Friendly Girl Chat]

Since posting my pin in 2 threads the other day (since deleted for reasons stated next) stating that I have a boyfriend and I'm not interested in pervs... ALL the people who've added me have been dudes. And all of that have been perverts, creeps, interested in knowing whether or not I thought their junk was small, or otherwise just frickin' obnoxious (like wtf, I have to BBM all freakin' day? I have a life, you know). So I'm wondering, where the are all the chicks?

I'm 23, female, and I have a boyfriend. I go to college full time and work retail full time. All I'm lookin' for, since returning to Blackberry after exploring the other options, are some girls to chat with. And not in a creepy way, but in a way like, hey, it'd be nice to have lady friends who also go to college and do normal lady things who'd like to talk about our days or about our boyfriends or whatever. Someone to BBM when I'm bored and talk about TV or music or celebrity , down to earth people who know a little bit about what's going on in the news, even in politics, who read books and have interests other than asking me about the size of their or trying to send me pictures of it.

If you're weird, and you do cosplay, or like Lolita stuff, or you know what GISHWHES is, that's great too. I'd love to be your friend. If you like video games, or are obsessed with sharing cat pictures back and forth, or tumblr, or Pinterest and wanna talk about crafts... just freakin' add me. I'm lonely and I'm bored and if one more nasty guy wants to wave his dangly bits in my face I might give up on BBM altogether. Yadig?

Let's be pals. , if enough girls are interested, I'll make a group.
    Last edited by szotz; 03-23-2013 at 06:33 AM.
    Pinkie Pie: White Bold 9780
    Rarity: Black Curve 9360 - Bequeathed to my now converted father.
    Twilight Sparkle: Black Torch 9860 - Bequeathed to my now converted mother.
    Zecora: Black Zed10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Wow, I was hoping there were more people like me out there. Guess BBM is becoming the new ChatRoulette. :/
    CrackBerry User

PIN

PIN : 28839207
    Platonic Friendship ONLY!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Updated to be a Ladychat group. Women only, all ages (18+ for safety's sake) to share hobbies, interests, to make friends and otherwise stay away from being inundated by creeps. :] Post your pin and I will update!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Re: Okay, seriously, where are all the chicks? [Friendly Girl Chat]

Quote Originally Posted by szotz View Post
    Since posting my pin in 2 threads the other day (since deleted for reasons stated next) stating that I have a boyfriend and I'm not interested in pervs... ALL the people who've added me have been dudes. And all of that have been perverts, creeps, interested in knowing whether or not I thought their junk was small, or otherwise just frickin' obnoxious (like wtf, I have to BBM all freakin' day? I have a life, you know). So I'm wondering, where the are all the chicks?

I'm 23, female, and I have a boyfriend. I go to college full time and work retail full time. All I'm lookin' for, since returning to Blackberry after exploring the other options, are some girls to chat with. And not in a creepy way, but in a way like, hey, it'd be nice to have lady friends who also go to college and do normal lady things who'd like to talk about our days or about our boyfriends or whatever. Someone to BBM when I'm bored and talk about TV or music or celebrity , down to earth people who know a little bit about what's going on in the news, even in politics, who read books and have interests other than asking me about the size of their or trying to send me pictures of it.

If you're weird, and you do cosplay, or like Lolita stuff, or you know what GISHWHES is, that's great too. I'd love to be your friend. If you like video games, or are obsessed with sharing cat pictures back and forth, or tumblr, or Pinterest and wanna talk about crafts... just freakin' add me. I'm lonely and I'm bored and if one more nasty guy wants to wave his dangly bits in my face I might give up on BBM altogether. Yadig?

PIN: 286C6F22

Let's be pals. , if enough girls are interested, I'll make a group.
    Not even sure how I found this thread but I thought I'd comment!
    This is quite sad, lol I saw a bunch of these posts and there are always perverted males asking ladies to add them. The best part is, it mostly males replying Sausage fest. Hahaha losers, trying to get some on blackberry!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

It is sad. I feel an awful lot like Blackberry and BBM is no longer becoming any part of a business or communications technology and more of the Match.com and ChatRoulette of smartphones. I don't want to have to ignore one of the better parts of having a Blackberry just because of a bunch of losers who have to use pictures and BBM in order to get a girl to look at them naked... it just sucks. That's not what I want out of owning a Blackberry.

Which is why I'm looking for other women who feel the same way. There have to be some out there, I'm hardly special or all that unique. I doubt I'm the only one discomforted by this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Lol,

I'm not a chick nor do I use bbm much, but blackberry devices are well integrated into businesses and other aspects society. Also I remember most students had blackberries when I went to university several years back. I usually come on here to check out the news and General discussions on blackberry. Sorry for disrupting your post, I'm sure there are social/competent ladies about.
    Don't give up on blackberry because of perverts!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Well, I just returned to Blackberry after a very long, bleak year and a half, so I refuse to give up yet! A lot of university students at my school use a Blackberry, mainly students studying abroad from foreign countries in order to keep in touch with their families overseas. I'm surprised more of them aren't involved in the CB community, but at the same time if it's merely for family they wouldn't be involved in something like this either.

No need to apologize, i appreciate the input just as much as I appreciate members, keeps my group near the top of the page!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Right on!
    I was actually wondering why people were giving away their bbms, kind of risky.

Earlier there was a post "young men looking for older women" and the funny part is that it was just a bunch of guys saying "ladies add me" but not a single lady replied. Quite sad, male intelligence levels have dropped significantly since..... 1908? Hah!
    lessthn_0 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Significantly, and some of the girls with it, it seems. :/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Not a chick either, was actually looking to branch out to other professionals, etc but I have the same opinion you do... BBM groups around here are like online dating... Ridiculous.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    9650 to 9930 to Q10 to Z30 all with Playbook in tow
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Not sure what kind of professional contacts you're looking for... I'm still in college, finishing my Bachelors in Graphic Design and minoring in Gender and Sexuality issues. I'm looking for similar contacts though!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Anybody really... I'm in Public Sector currently managing a public assistance office but may be looking to get into private sector... So I'll add you to my contacts. Promise I'm not a perv

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    9650 to 9930 to Q10 to Z30 all with Playbook in tow
    hscanbb likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    PIN
    283173db

‎27 m toronto
    pin:283173DB
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Sorry, won't be adding any men to the group. Please don't use this thread as a way to pick up girls.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Dropping in to say hi + bump your thread...

WOOT
    CrackBerry User

PIN

PIN : 28839207
    Platonic Friendship ONLY!
    I cannot answer right away.
    CrackBerry Newbie

just looking for friends 2A89AED7
    CrackBerry User

Wow, I've had very similar experiences with the men! I don't add guys because I'm married and it's usually the ones that want pics and such that add me :/

I'm currently having my blackberry fixed but will add you when it's up. I'm a girl too
    CrackBerry Newbie

Add me

261FF9FF
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

I'm surprised at the lack of comments. I also get a lot of request from men. I have different interests than yours though and older by about 18 yrs. Good luck with your search hon.